Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ember

Banned?

Hey i am on my little sisters computer i installed el on it a few days to a week ago for her (she's 7 years old) and she said she can't play any more the game was broken...I found out it was not broken it was because she was banned... (i am making this post from her pc so you can see the ip) The chat log says

You were booted by Cicero!Your IP is banned. That means that you, or someone from your IP did something very nasty, so we had to block this IP addess. If you believe this ban was unjustified, or promise to respect the rules from now on, please post in the Bans section of our forums (on www.eternal-lands.com)

If i could know what the problem was i will fix it and make sure this time she reads the rules fully... From the chat log it wasnt anything she was saying... her char didnt talk at all... dont think she under stood the chat funtion and no one pm'd her... I would appreciate it if someone would get back to me soon as this is the alternet computer that i also play el from (Cant right now cuz the ip is banned means i have to go home and play...blah)

Thanks for you time

Emby

Hey i am on my little sisters computer i installed el on it a few days to a week ago for her (she's 7 years old) and she said she can't play any more the game was broken...I found out it was not broken it was because she was banned... (i am making this post from her pc so you can see the ip) The chat log says
You were booted by Cicero!Your IP is banned. That means that you, or someone from your IP did something very nasty, so we had to block this IP addess. If you believe this ban was unjustified, or promise to respect the rules from now on, please post in the Bans section of our forums (on www.eternal-lands.com)

If i could know what the problem was i will fix it and make sure this time she reads the rules fully... From the chat log it wasnt anything she was saying... her char didnt talk at all... dont think she under stood the chat funtion and no one pm'd her... I would appreciate it if someone would get back to me soon as this is the alternet computer that i also play el from (Cant right now cuz the ip is banned means i have to go home and play...blah)

Thanks for you time

Emby

Ember.. banned.. now I KNOW someone is banning for the fun of it.

If you read what i said it says my sisters ip is banned NOT me.... i just play from her computer some times....

Bush? OMFG, this is the biggest profanity somone can utter in our fair and fluffy game! The next one is Cheney. Then Limbaugh, then Hannity. Oh, and Ashcroft and Rumsfeld too.

ok so if i set her up with one char named evaltink can you give her a char ban ( she doesnt need to make any new charaters anyways) but unban her ip?

Guest Zeplin

Out of interest, Why isnt there a filter on name creation?

Its already been established mods carnt be on 24/7 to regulate silly stuff like this, So how about a simple comparision code to stop it?

Out of interest, Why isnt there a filter on name creation?

Because that would just make it "fun" to try being creative and sneak bad words through anyway.

The filter doesn't really work either, look in abuse forums, people just place a dot in the middle of the word, just be piss off the people who didn't disable the filter.

Guest Zeplin

Leeloo im not talking about hitting the actor names with the client filter, Im talking about some kind of checking system on the server, to make sure certain words arnt used in names, When the charictor is being created.

Leeloo im not talking about hitting the actor names with the client filter, Im talking about some kind of checking system on the server, to make sure certain words arnt used in names, When the charictor is being created.

Leeloo was talking about the same thing you are. The smarter you make a name filter, the more fun people will have trying to bypass it.

There are so many ways to bypass a filter is not even funny. Unless you make it ultra restrictive, in which case it would also filter some valid names.

Anyway, Ember, why can't you just tell your little sister not to create characters such as that?

Because she is 7 years old

I didn't even realize she would figure out how to create a new char by herself... there's also the possibility that it was the neighbor's boy or girl (8 and 11) they come over every night and all play on the computer together and I thought it was possible to do a char creation ban… if its not I will just resolve to unistalling the game

What about your mother? Wouldn't she be a little bit unhappy if you tell her what her little daughter is doing? Or what her friends are doing?

my mom would just laugh at it my sister play the ff games and names her char stuff like "BitchFace" "AssMaster" ect she gets a kick out of it my mom realy doest pay attion to it but i explained to her now that names like that shouldnt be used which will be effective for her but i dont know about the neigbors i havent gotten the chance to ask who was the one to creat the char yet plus it doesnt help her computer is in her bed room where my mother and the neigbor cant watch

What I meant was, your sister should be normally afraid of your mother. But I guess this is not the case?

A lot of kids aren't afraid of their parents. Strict parenting might lead to kids hating their parent, but lienient parenting could do the same (no attention).

None of us can judge Ember's parents, because some parents do laugh with their children when they do their "amusing" things (my mom would do the same if my brother named his character "AssMaster" .... scary things is, my bro would probably name his first born son AssMaster :D;)

My sister lives with just my mom who holds down a job working 50+ hours a week with c.r.e.s.t. systrom so she is in consten pain and finds it easyer to let my sister use a silly name like "Bitch" on a game rather then yelling at her for it and trying to punish her when she will not understand what she did was wrong (also found out it was my sister and the older child of the neigbor playing togather when that char was made)

Ember,

I am so sorry. I was actually feeling smug that I put my daughters computer into the livingroom with mine for side by side supervision and then you tell us the circumstances.

I now feel terrible and this is just one more lession God gives us. Do not judge, you probably dont know the circumstances.

~~Sandcastle