Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest garfield_III

I Got Banned And I Don't Know Why?...

Guest garfield_III

My brother (screen name : garfield_III , 10 years old) can't speak english, we are French.

He told me he got banned for no reason, he had never made smthg wrong, always abided by the rules...

So please, solve this problem, thx.

I actually did not ban him but i read some abuse reports.

He was spamming in votd - then bagspamming and he kept coming into a map while an event so that we had to teleport him away all the time.

As i said i didn't ban him but i know why.

So you should talk to your brother not to do that again because it is really annoying if he spams and drops tons of bags all the time.

I actually did not ban him but i read some abuse reports.

He was spamming in votd - then bagspamming and he kept coming into a map while an event so that we had to teleport him away all the time.

As i said i didn't ban him but i know why.

So you should talk to your brother not to do that again because it is really annoying if he spams and drops tons of bags all the time.

Ah, he was the one spamming "Trade" and "Thanks" at the beam...

I did attempt to explain to him not to bag spam, and shortly afterwards I was continuing to see multiple abuse reports about him in a short time, including bag spamming on two maps. So I banned him.

yeh hes 10 years old and cant english so at event he couldnt read the #message and also not the rules so i say unbann him and let his bro tell him the rules ;P

Guest Zeplin

xeLJoYo

If you hit google, you will see an interview with Ent, talking about a localised version for the french, Inexchange for the server hosting.

The interview was on warcry.com

http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view...=102&colid=1292

A French hosting company offered us a dedicated server, and the traffic for free, in exchange for a localized French version. This was a very good thing, because, otherwise, we really couldn't have afforded to pay the server fees.

and if you take a look at the cvs, NLS support has just been included. (Good work Wytter =)

Then take a look at your el.ini, notice the line...

#server_address = eternal-lands.solexine.fr

Is this just a coincidence? I think not, expect more players who dont speak english. Welcome to a multicultural MMORPG.

Might be worth hitting http://www.mondespersistants.com/index.php...ble=mp_articles

with a translator also. It talks about Myrtul working on a localised version in 2003.

Maybe someone who is/speaks french can donate there time, to translating unban requests and such for Entropy, Assuming he doesnt speak french =)

Yeah, ok, I understand. But then there should be mods from each foreign group, to make sure everyone is informed about rules, events, etc.

Guest Garfield_III

Ok, I told my brother not to bagspam, I explained him it was quite annoying for other people. He's sorry for having done that, and also for having come in events, but:

yeh hes 10 years old and cant english so at event he couldnt read the #message and also not the rules so i say unbann him and let his bro tell him the rules ;P

^^ ...

Plz, forgive him.

PS: he couldn't know that an event was happening.

Y is your name garfeild_III that makes me think that you are the same as garfeild I and garfeild II who i have meet before and have been anyoed with both of them annoying me by trading and shouting at me in english

It is possible Sailor. But i know him, he is young and they are no french mod or NH. He knows some english word, but he doesnt understand all that you say to him (he is learning english).

At least, if he is annoying you and if i am online, speak with me, i will translate all for him. :(

my name in the game > Aesharmor

Guest Guest

My brother has chosen "Garfield_III" because he didn't like garfield_II :unsure: And "Garfield" was already taken. Before the server's pruning, he was Garfield, but it doesn't matter.

Thx for his unban :)

See you

Guest meuh_ou_jeje (Garfield_III's

To Aesh : un p'tit coucou à toi dela part de meuh_ou_jeje, bonne continuation ;-)

Isn't it also annoying to post in a thread that's almost a month old?

Please don't do this. Read thread age before responding, especially if it's terribly unrelevant.

Regards,

Kenjutsushi Kyuketsuki

The Vampiric Swordsman

Isn't it also annoying to post in a thread that's almost a month old?

Please don't do this. Read thread age before responding, especially if it's terribly unrelevant.

Regards,

Kenjutsushi Kyuketsuki

The Vampiric Swordsman

Yeah, isnt it annoying when people do that? :o

(DOH! i did it too! :) )

Guest cloud92

i got banned from the game and i dont know why i have a sister and she plays on a different character cloud_storage and other characters that have cloud in the name i play cloud92 and my IP was banned and i dont know why i begged a few weeks ago but regular players asked me to stop and i did so if u could plz tell me why i was banned and maybe reconsider banning me i would be grateful thank you

asiadog92@comcast.net