Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Encyclopedia Work

If someone is using a CVS client and can't make Encyclopedia working download this:

http://unix.eternal-lands.net/encyclopedia...lopedia-CVS.zip

I don't know if I have to post it because all people reading that forum are such h4x00rz but it is just

for the record. :-)

One more issue: Can someone make Encyclopedia windows bigger? It is TOO SMALL!

It don't have to be huge for whole screen but should be bigger for like 2 cm of width and like 3 cm of

height.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I have updated Encyclopedia today and uploaded new files, details are in "changes.txt".

Regards.

Another Encyclopedia update - explanation of map marks (dots) section has been added. Also URL

change since people were complaining about old one being difficould to remember:

http://el-encyclopedia.ifnt.info

Regards.

I'll compile a list of shortcuts later.

Or you could just write one... :D

But yes, ty for the info, it truely helps we mere mortals...

~E.S.

I asked him to do it. Because he knows the client well so he can do complete list of "hacks".

I know one shortcut...

CTRL+E

EDIT: Jamesvm, are you going to post some input? What are you working at what are you going to add,

what is not in my relase and what should be etc. I may even *gulp* help you, because people were

reporting problems with your files.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Check dict.org if you want the definition of compile... It is not a word used only in programming ;-)

Anyway, the list will be available in an hour in the pinned thread.

Edit: Posted :-) http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9207

Edited by Wytter

Hehehe oh well kindy been busy with college life so have not work at all at compare 2 encyclopedia and try make so that know what differents are and work on my idea for weapons section.

Hello!

Ive got a problem with my xml-files. On every page of my translated encyc, there are random letters across the window that definetely dont exist in the XML-file!

As you can see on this screenie, the 'x', 'l', 'e' and 'k' shouldnt be there.

encyc_bug.jpg

And yes, I added the line <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> line at the top of every xml-file and there are no error messages when I start el.

Any ideas?

Greetings,

Enderoth

Edited by Enderoth

Are you sure you haven't damaged tags? That deep blue colour is no longer used in Encyclopedia since

it is too dark and unreadable...

EL client seems to be very sensitive for syntax errors in XML, wrong syntax can even cause program

to crash.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Ok, ive tested the translated encyc-files with an older version of the client (not cvs) and there I dont see any random chars across the encyc-window. So I guess, no tag is broken or sth - must have something to do with the new cvs-client...

Oh btw: Can someone tell me where's the new location for the knowledge.lst file?

At the old location I can't see anything in the knowledge window with the new client.

Copy it to languages/en/ directory.

Regards.

Ah yes, thx plat - works now.

And I have discovered that the random-char 'bug' only appears in lines in which these "umlaute" exists:

ä, ö, ü

Does it help to any of you?

For those have not figure out no longer work on encyclopedia and I am let up teh banned 0n3na to work on. I just don't have time for work on it. And that fact I did learned lot but in end teh banned 0n3na had encyclopedia better my and way gather bugs in it.

Edit(by way lol most xml code repetive in encyclopedia so very easy change what hate most is that restrate el to see changes to it )

Edited by jamesvm

You can make new sections and if it will be accepted by admins I can fix bugs I told you it is kinda pain

in the [hmm] when you don't know XML. ;-}

Regards.

Ok want say after talk with another person you right do not know most xml and to statememnt most code repetive well true that is but a person know all xml code would be able make way so it would load faster then one know hardly any code.

Edited by jamesvm

Guest Kriska

Hello all!

Not a very old player in EL but it's really great game.. i post here juste to say that i have implemented all keys, hotkeys, non console command and chat commands in the EL encyclopedia ...Let me know if you need that.....and let me know if you need help with other things.

see you.

Under magic -> harm

the only reagents listed are 3 Health Essences, but

apparently 1 Death Essence is also required. <_<

PS Encyclopedia is coming along nicely Plat. :D

Well since I have to leave the game because I don't accept few political IRL-like rules, I would like to ask

who would want to continue my work on Encyclopedia? I think Roja, as usuall, will pick up some

responsible person from those who will offer.

EDIT: I am staying. :-P

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Noticed the following thing missing from Animal/Monsters:

Rats are not listed.

For summonable creatures, summoning exp given is not listed.

BTW I know some XML and would be willing to help with minor changes to the encylopedia. If el supports Unicode, I could also start a Korean translation. Only problem is I don't currently have a Korean OS to test it with.

edit...

also, is there any documentation on the formatting & tags used.

edit2...

Rat is in the .XML file. Why isn't it showing up in the encyclopdia?

edit3...

Rat link is missing from General.xml.... fixing mine.

edit4...

I have rats now! :D

I don't have a server available where I could post public updates. Shall I post text to forum?

edit5...

also added "1 Death essence" to harm in my Magic.xml

Edited by Geldon

Adding the new catagories isn't working for me. I added the right tags and all. Deleted an old one to make room. Didn't modify in-game for some reason. What should I do?

Editing XML documents with Notepad.

Could someone make a summary of all failures and updates in encyc since teh banned 0n3na left the project, plz?

My translation is from Nov, 26th 2004 - you can check it here:

click

Where can I find the latest english version of encyclopedia?

Edit: And if there is one, plz add a change-log for all translators

Edited by Enderoth