Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Encyclopedia Work

Ok, ANYONE who has worked on the encyclopedia please post your work, or links to your work on it, in this thread.

Here are the specific things I do NOT want to see in the encyclopedia:

-exact stats of monsters, what they drop, where they are located. Basically for monsters & animals all I want is a description.

-I do not want any info on where flowers/ores are located on maps. It is ok to say where the taverns and other stores with a NPC in them are however.

Basically, I don't want to get too specific because I want to leave some stuff up to the player to find out..otherwise, where's the fun in telling them everything? Yeah I know they can get a lot of stuff on other people's websites..but let's keep the game available for the people who want to search & discover things by themselves.

finnally but thus where post my link of my current work on encyclopedias

1)I have weapons section almost done just need rare weapons and armour in.

a) add iron plate stuff and that

b ) seperate it into 2 catogories weapons and armour

c) when put monster section I will put stuff most basic catogeries (ex.  foot 

pant wares,torse armour(shirt type armour)tit weapons, steel weapons,

iron weapons, wood weapons.

2)I have Gods section almost compelete just need put pictures in.

a) have put location,eniemes,start rank,benefit for all godz that exist

b ) plan use section map show each god is for(like on elrock)

c) come conclusion that not going alchemy god which elrock think going to be

3)Monster section well need put rest pictures in it to finish it.

(roja)

Ok well the animals don't need descriptions..they're just animals 

Chimeran Wolf- (can you name him Chimeran Forest Wolf?). This chimeran wolf roams in wooded, foresty areas. A very powerful creature who makes a challenege for even the experienced warriors. No one knows where they originated from.

Fluffy Rabbit(this one doesn't need a description, leave it blank..in fact, don't even put fluffy in the encyclopedia, some things are better left undocumented).........

a)That why fuffly will not be in encyclopedia.

b )also will not be recommend fight level in encyclopedia cause can't take all

fun away.

c) plan on take elrock picture for rest of animals and monster

4)Delete maps section completely in encyclopedia.

5)Jewelry section brought word to into screen.

a) fix error of word get too close edge

6)Did minor correction in potion section.

7)Books I add new book into it.

a) 4 axe book no research point infomation

b ) add 2 new summoning books

8)Magic section got ready death ess from harm spelled.

tell any other thing we has work on in encyclopedia that have not put in my outline

my website is http://www.freewebs.com/alphaomaga/ (has change direct people to here to post error)

Um..I think I already said, I do'nt want any info what the monsters drop and such, just to be sure i'm repeating that now.

And there are no pictures of the gods as of yet(don't think there ever will be)

Um..I think I already said, I do'nt want any info what the monsters drop and such, just to be sure i'm repeating that now.

And there are no pictures of the gods as of yet(don't think there ever will be)

oops said this be fore talk about weapons and armoor section of catgories for them to make easy for when have lot more weapons and armour in game

like when click weapons section it look like something like this

foot armour

pant wares,

torse armour(shirt type armour)

tit weapons,

steel weapons,

iron weapons,

wood weapons.

(I know need come up with better name, so open to suggest)

as for god's picture plan doing what elrock did for each all gods

I plan on work on encyclopedia on saturday(got lot homework has do first)

Ok well teh banned 0n3na should post her stuff here too and then you guys can compile your stuff together. And someone needs to test it all to see how it, to proofread/spellcheck it, and to make sure nothing's missing that we need.

Ok well teh banned 0n3na should post her stuff here too and then you guys can compile your stuff together. And someone needs to test it all to see how it, to proofread/spellcheck it, and to make sure nothing's missing that we need.

If teh banned 0n3na is playing any more,I would glad to. Oh do test change I make cause I don't want to cause game not to work which caught my self doing to it.

Oh those find mystake in encyclopedia,please post them here & please tell me if use old or my version or teh banned 0n3na version.

Don't even think about that james. ;-)

1)I have weapons section almost done just need rare weapons and armour in.

a) add iron plate stuff and that

b ) seperate it into 2 catogories weapons and armour

In my Encyclopedia it is already done.

a) have put location,eniemes,start rank,benefit for all godz that exist

b ) plan use section map show each god is for(like on elrock)

c) come conclusion that not going alchemy god which elrock think going to be

3)Monster section well need put rest pictures in it to finish it.

Done, long time ago, except pictures for few monsters and animals, and to be honest

it is the one thing I am currently missing.

(roja)

Ok well the animals don't need descriptions..they're just animals 

Chimeran Wolf- (can you name him Chimeran Forest Wolf?). This chimeran wolf roams in wooded, foresty areas. A very powerful creature who makes a challenege for even the experienced warriors. No one knows where they originated from.

Fluffy Rabbit(this one doesn't need a description, leave it blank..in fact, don't even put fluffy in the encyclopedia, some things are better left undocumented).........

Never wanted to do monsters location or detailed description of maps I have included

fluffy rabbit in Animals and Monsters but there is nothing except name of monster, short story

and summoning combination. In maps section is only map list and market which one are PK and

which one are dangerous, I have stated on WS map that they are gargs at night for newbies to not die

there. Nothing more.

a)That why fuffly will not be in encyclopedia.

b )also will not be recommend fight level in encyclopedia cause can't take all

fun away.

c) plan on take elrock picture for rest of animals and monster

4)Delete maps section completely in encyclopedia.

5)Jewelry section brought word to into screen.

6)Did minor correction in potion section.

7)Books I add new book into it.

a) 4 axe book no research point infomation

b ) add 2 new summoning books

8)Magic section got ready death ess from harm spelled.

Everything except monsters photos has been done.

So, what you want to compile jamesvm? I need only monsters photos, nice one in once scale on

black backgroud. If it will be done, whole encyclopedia is ready.

Regards.

teh banned 0n3na, either agree to work together on this, or don't involve yourself at all. I closed that other thread for a purpose. DO NOT post here again any BS about not wanting to work together on this.

I always agree to work toghether, my point is: IF HE will make something NEW, some IMPROVEMENT,

which is NOT YET in Encyclopedia and YOU will APPROVE IT, it will be ADDED to my relase of

Encyclopedia. I never wanted to improve Encyclopedia. Rather keep it up to date, so if someone can

suggest improvements it will be very welcome.

Regards.

I can get monster pictures. I have most of them done already anyway.

Troll.jpg

Skeleton.jpg

Male_Orc.jpg

Med_Garg.jpg

female_Orc.jpg

Thanks LV, but those pictures are way too dark for use. Keep the pictures blank for now guys. I want to put some nice quality ones in..which i'll do when I get the time.

Thanks LV, but those pictures are way too dark for use. Keep the pictures blank for now guys. I want to put some nice quality ones in..which i'll do when I get the time.

Seeing them now,i think the troll and male orc ones are too dark but IMO the med garg, fem orc, and skeleton look fine to me.

i think roja will make some nice pictures with full light, all same view and unicolor background using blender or another 3D editor =P

I have already proof read James' version and with the information that was contained it was very good (no animal stats/drops were included, nor were their exact locations)...

He had a few link problems which I think was fixed, and a problem or two with the fluffy/chimerean descriptions but I think those have been fixed already (right james?)

My two cents...

~E.S.

EEP! james, i just downloaded the newer version, check your animals section again, the return link and the description have moved from centered to left aligned (which makes it no longer inside the box, or anywhere near it for that matter :P ) and makes it impossible to return to the index...

God's section looks good though, and I appreciate the /armor section return...

Erm, there was something else.............. hmmm, oh yeah. The leather helm item is still listed twice on that particular section, no biggy...

~E.S.

*edit* found the link, it was just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to the left :)

*Edit #2* removed all nlkx/ changed to nl/ while it wasn't centered, it was at least within the limits of the book...

jamesvm could u please make the .zip with subfolders, so if extracted to el folder the files go in the right place.

jamesvm could u please make the .zip with subfolders, so if extracted to el folder the files go in the right place.

I think about right get around clean out that folder

good update is finnally start work on encyclopedia again I fix problem with images cover over text in monster section.

Edit(also if you want better picture then what elrock for animal and monster that do not have one then please post them that want in this threads of posts and also plan put maps section back in except i will try figure get to use maps that are in maps section that.)

And started put the picture animal and in on wesday morning.

As I said before, please dont use any monster pictures...I will give you the monster pictures when I have time to make them.

As I said before, please dont use any monster pictures...I will give you the monster pictures when I have time to make them.

oh ok I will not I did not feel like messing around that stuff anyway. also post update on page of minor changes I did.(click www to got to my webpage that has on or goto http://www.freewebs.com/alphaomaga/ )

Note for teh banned 0n3na to hear also on site final put name on for credit(sorry took me so long)not go all detail why he need be on for credit too.

hey roja if want keep fun then why do weapons and armour we have the ingrents list for them how make each weapons. That way those do not know site go to make stuff will has figure out.(it just idea that hit me when play runescape this morning)

here what plan to do

Armor:

Helm

Scarf

shirt armor

Cuisses(pants armor)

Greaves(boots armor)

hands armor

WEAPONS:

swords:

iron swords

steel swords

tit/steel allo swords

axes:

pickaxe

iron axe

steel axe

tit axe

Staff: (note here since does not look plan have same format as axes and swords I am just put actuall items under here)

Wood Staff

Quarter Staff

Hammer:[/u](note here since does not look plan have same format as axes and swords I am just put actuall items under here)Hammer

Wood Battle Hammer

Iron War Hammer

catogeres that do not have notes on them are going have page where list all items for them.

for armour if better name catogerios tell me and by way clothes stuff going under it too.