Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Encyclopedia Work

I would group the last four to: Game Commands and FAQ on the index page, and I would get rid of the caps on the Newbie FAQ page.

Otherwise it looks just great

Was going do that but you then has click once more and I had space to have all there . But want see what roja say about before go futher with it changes to it.

Edited by jamesvm

I will be formatting all encyclopedia page so back button is at bottom.

Perk page all those so short that feel to me that never going get any biggier so would be ok if i merge definated each perk together.What do yous think?

I will be formatting all encyclopedia page so back button is at bottom.

Sounds good.

Perk page all those so short that feel to me that never going get any biggier so would be ok if i merge definated each perk together.What do yous think?

But they're not going to fit all on one page, so how do you plan to do that?

But they're not going to fit all on one page, so how do you plan to do that?

rembmer how harvestion section before it was changes that how

also I had another idea maybe also convert encyclopedia and help file into html so that has use el client to look at help and encyclpedia stuff.(maybe i just use fed_penner website with modification to it)

Edited by jamesvm

I'm not for converting them to html. Instead I would propose to make them 'real' XML files (that is don't mix data and layout as it is done currently), which can easily be viewed in-game as well as with browsers (we only need to provide a xslt script to perform the transformation to html/pdf/postscript/rtf/tex whatever textbased format you want).

Else we would be in need to throw over board the current xml handling in the client and implement a new html handling instead.

Edited by Malaclypse

I'm not for converting them to html. Instead I would propose to make them 'real' XML files (that is don't mix data and layout as it is done currently), which can easily be viewed in-game as well as with browsers (we only need to provide a xslt script to perform the transformation to html/pdf/postscript/rtf/tex whatever textbased format you want).

Else we would be in need to throw over board the current xml handling in the client and implement a new html handling instead.

Sounds like a good idea, if we can find any volunteers.

I talked with Wytter about this topic and we agreed that there's some work to be done in this field.

But other points are more important atm, that need to be done first. Imho we can come back to this topic, after we have solved most of the issues on the TODO's that are available.

I am able to provide some DTD or XSD files for all the different xml files we use by now. I can also provide a unified framework for xml file handling (currently we have several different techniques/functions used to read and handle all the different xml files, and each one is distinct from the other). I think we need one interface that should be used by either of encyclopedia/help system, config files and actors_defs to read and possibly write the xml data to and from files.

ok guys so tell simply terms what this mean for me

oh Malaclypse actual plan I do that right after finish help section because that lot do other stuff you guys need to do

Edited by jamesvm

also note all info on change variable in el.ini will create html file and simply say in encyclopedia go to elinfo on change variable in el.ini

Huh, this patch seems not to work. When I click the view patch link, it wants to download the download.php script instead of viewing the patch :) As this doesn't happen to other patches on berlios, I assume there's something wrong with your patch. Maybe because you submitted a binary file (.rar), while source patches are always assumed to be text-only?

Can you (or someelse) check this?

Yeah, the patch system isn't very good with binary files, it only wants to send raw data to an application. James, could you send me a zip via email, and I'll put it up at http://grum.antiroot.homedns.org/ .

EDIT: Grum.theBrown@gmail.com

Edited by Grum

oops so much for that hope

try fle attactet that did not work.so another one but don't if go throught

Edited by jamesvm

you rock grum

now all need bug report to come in :P

ps add link to download to encyclopedia voluteering also

Edited by jamesvm

Grum you site seems to be down

Works for me. It's not the fastest connection in the world, but I can get to it.

good news final downloading work at alphaomaga website so is now updated

Edited by jamesvm