Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Encyclopedia Work

Adding the new catagories isn't working for me. I added the right tags and all. Deleted an old one to make room. Didn't modify in-game for some reason. What should I do?

Editing XML documents with Notepad.

Do you have the client open when you are editing? If so, are you re-logging in (i.e. closing then re-opening the client) ?

I am still responsible for the Encyclopedia. It will be a module of EL.net. :-P

I am working on a next version now, there will be change log added to people who are working on

translations shouldn't have any problems. Rats are added and death essence was removed since a long

time it wasn't used due to bug in the server, I've added it back.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Thank you. ;-) Some "pre" version is already uploaded: http://el-encyclopedia.ifnt.info.

There will be two big sections added soon but I am working on it now.

Regards.

Adding the new catagories isn't working for me. I added the right tags and all. Deleted an old one to make room. Didn't modify in-game for some reason. What should I do?

Editing XML documents with Notepad.

Do you have the client open when you are editing? If so, are you re-logging in (i.e. closing then re-opening the client) ?

Yes.

I have edited my harvesting section to pack more info into the small space, including recommended harvest level.

If the DEVs wish it I could break each item into it's own section with a picture and more info like "where to find it" and "uses" like the alchemy and potion sections. -- let me know.

I will forward the changed section to teh banned 0n3na, so she can include it if she wishes.

Roja don't want "where to find" information to not ruin joy from exploring the land. Anyway if you wish

to expand harvest section with manufacture info etc. I think it is ok.

Regards.

Ok, new harvest section is ready for use and forwarded to teh banned 0n3na for inclusion.

Each item has its own page and has:

• a pic of each item,
  • a short description, EDIT: (Some include a subtle hint on where to find it)
  • all the relevent stats I could think of,
  • usage info, and
  • links to usage items (ie. you can jump directly to fire essences from red roses, etc.)

The Harvesting index is in a 2-page quick reference format, so u can still see the most relevent stats from the index page.

I'm sure it can still use a little tweaking --

• there are no descriptions for flowers yet (just usage info)
  • Page formatting may need to be adjusted
  • I tried to test all links & pics, but may have missed some

Hope this helps the EL community. Enjoy. :)

Edited by Geldon

I haven't got your email though. Are you sure you've not sent it in HTML?

EDIT: Okay I got an email, I thought you've sent me one few days ago too. I will test it and then, if it will

be OK I will add it to Encyclopedia. Thanks.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I've got a few more encyclopedia ideas. What do u think?

• Non-Harvestable items section - to describe pickaxes, empty vials, meat, wine, ale, animal items, sigils, etc
  • add buy/sell info to all items - kind of store that buys/sells, and prices for potions, essences, bars, sigils, etc.
  • NPC info section? (Name of each NPC & what they do) Like an EL phone directory or who's who <-- i wouldn't want to do this one ( just throwing out the thought)

#2 is the most relevent to me & I would be willing to do it.

If you don't like these ideas, what area of the encyclopedia do you think needs the most work or should have the highest priority :D ?

(Haven't heard from Roja since I started posting. Hint, Hint. :D )

Edited by Geldon

Ad 1.: I was thinking about a section Tools and Materials - where to buy what and for how much, if you

are willing to prepare that it would be great, anyway include here item that only can be bought from a

NPC - not essences/bars, especially because:

Ad 2.: Sounds good, add animal items prices from Henrik there.

Ad 3.: No. I think Roja would kill me if I would accept that. Exploring *hint* *hint*.

All old sections I am doing myself, these only requires updates if something is changed on the server.

Of course everyone can send me suggestions about existing sections like you did with Harvest section

or proposition of new section. If it will be good and Roja will have nothing against it will be implemented.

Regards.

I have tested your Harvest section, Geldon, but I have to make few changes before adding it to official

relase - these "Keys" cannot stay like that.

EDIT: Since you've made separate section for each item that table is not needed anymore. So I have

removed it. Also I had to fix some typos, if you are editing Encyclopedia content, please pay attention

on punctuation and indents so all text columns will be straight. Anyway good work, I like these

descriptions. It is now uploaded. Also changes file format is changed to make it easier for translators

to find changes made in the Encyclopedia.

EDIT 2: Encyclopedia update, please read changes.txt for details.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I found latest encyclopedia yaaaaaa so start wor k impove it.

Also we need add help section for newbie into encyclopedia.

-so one need page list all command in el client in page+variable you can set in el.ini and shortcut keys

-section that at least be able tell newbies basic for game

Edited by jamesvm

ok jamesvm :P

Whenever you make a signifigant change to the encyclopedia please post a link for us to download it, or you can email it to me. Thanks.

Good idea of mine. But the window of Encyclopedia is TOO SMALL. And they are not going to resize it.

Regards.

Good idea of mine. But the window of Encyclopedia is TOO SMALL. And they are not going to resize it.

Regards.

I realized that platyna but have way around it.

site use no longer support downloading files so quess i has send it to you roja.

Edited by jamesvm