Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
warangel

Economy + Whole Game Great But Doomed To Fail!

I remember when I got a serp first time...I was a noob, and during 10 mins whole EL knew about it.

"OMG is that...a serp???" Whole *CO* was hyening me to goblin cave in hope I will die and drop serp.

Mwahahahahahahahaha!!! That was the time! That was the time guys.

Regards.

lol?

She's just out for attention. :P Not all of us are spoiled.

i remember CO trying to pk her for it

but she makes it sound like she got the first serp ever ><

I dont remember it... rofl XD Maybe because i already had my serp ^^ pwned rofl11!~~~!1!

layde_velure: makeing all maps pk enabled will not solve jack shit. what we end up with is a bunch of newbie hunters that camp out on the white stone side of the isla prima boat. however stealing would be interesting to a degree (more expensive/rare items are harder to steal and you cant steal stuff off people back so no running away with peoples worn cape or similar). the stealing would have to be random (no peaking inisde a persons bag to see what he is carrying), the person would have to be able to carry what is stolen (otherwise he is automaticly noticed), and if a stack is stolen from the max is 10% of the stack. maybe introduce it like a skill where the more harder to stal items gives more exp and a a notice test is done when stealing (person stolen from will get a warning that "name" stole from their pockets) and you risk being noticed even if you fail to steal anything. maybe have a small monster that does the same. pop up and steal something and when killed drops everything it have stolen :D and a thief is open for pk on any map for a set time after being noticed.

as for haveing monsters drop only what they use, i dont have a problem with that :D

and i like your summary of economy, it basicly points out whats "wrong" right now. but like the start of this post indicates, i dont realy agree with your solution. why? it does not solve the fact that we dont have a limit on basic resources...

Guest Running_Meat

I'm not sure if someone already posted this idea but here it is. Alot of other MMORPGs that I have played have general stores where you can sell anything to and then anyone else could buy these items because they appear on the shop list. Bad prices, yes but by doing this nobody will sell for less than the store price. So by making the store buy (for example) fire essence for 7gc then buyers will have to pay more to stop alchemists from selling only to the shop to make money.

I play a game called RuneScape, the econmy has taken a bit of a hit there recently(due to too easy skill leveling) but they've always had that system for the general stores and the econmy was doing great.

This is just my two cents and I've only been playing since four days ago but I'm an experienced RPGer and I know what can happen to a game if the economy crashes.