Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Harvesting Limit/hour (not Just Exp Limit)

Harvesting limit, yes or no?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Harvesting limit, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

I understand your concerns. Next step will be to legalize macroing and muling.

Ent, it doesnt need to be one extreme or the other. The gray area which we have is fine the way it is.

Entropy, if you add it will kill honest jewellers and alchemists. :D

How I am supposed to gain materials for 1k silver bars? I will NEVER get it.

And macroers will macroing anyway - since you can write macro which will sleep to next hour, then

harvest 200 times and haul to storage, then sleep again. That idea will only hurt honest people.

BTW: Since alot people can carry 600 or more macroing will be almost undetectable.

Regards.

ok what about making enriched ess.?? i made 10k fire ess and only got 1 enriched..if you put a limit on that, no one will ever have them. I made all of those without a auto clicker.

Our guild does massive joint projects where people spend 2-3 hours harvesting, and alching/manu or whatever this is.  It would cripple and put an end to projects like this.  The exp cap is bad enough.  It is understandable though... But for instance last night I, alnog with 2 other guild members were harvesting iron ore for nearly 3 hours straight for a guild project.  Is it fair to make it so we cannot do this anymore?

Sure it's fair, because it's not only your guild that does that, all the guilds do it. So from now on guilds and people should try to put more strategy in the game. Right now, no oen buys food from the stores, since they harvest fruits and vegies. All the mines should be depeleted 10 times by now. The idea of infinite resources is, well, not working, all the market is flooded.

Sure you have a point here, but i doubt this is the solution.

The effect of this is that this game is again, biasing itself towards fighters.

I personally like to create stuff and the whole whacking a gobbies head in isnt that much appealing to me.

If the system gets even harder for me as it already is to sustain myself economically, i might as well drop the game and move on *shrug*.

Sure I understand that there is no teardrop spilled over that occasion, but think about it. capping the amount of resources simply will make it even more impossible for people to decently level in anything useful for the 'other crowd'

well, it should be increased to 200 for those that are j337. BUT.. its lame that we can't get anymore resources after that, just makes no sence.. there has to be a way to find out if people are Macroing. i get 120 sulfer and thats it? whoop de doo... thats a whole 120 FE i can make ... wow..everything revolves around harvesting... what could we do for the other 50 minits of the hour :D

How can this help the economy. If you cannot harvest after you reach 200 items harvested then how can you make anything to sell for money.

And as for buying things alot of people have went the antisociol way so what are we gonna do pick flowers and sell for .8gp each to people that can't afford to buy them.

And alot of people won have the patience to wait for all the stuff needed to mke large quantities.

People will probably leave cuz of this

If this Rule reaches EL i stop playing... 10K Fire Essenses would take a SINGLE Person 150HOURS!

Guest Kickbutt

I say no. I'm a lonere without a guild and sometimes i harvest for three hours or longer, say harvesting iron ore. Experience is only given for the first few each hour but I need ore to manufacture, same with flowers, or any other harvestable item. To survive with harvest limits, everyone would have to join guilds to have enough resources to do much of anything besides fighting. Don't get me wrong, I also like to fight. :rolleyes:

No, harv limit = bad idea. You say that we can buy our materials, but not all materials can be bought (i.e. cacti). Besides, where would we get the money to buy all those materials? If you're planning to reply that we should buy less materials to even out everybodys skills or something along those lines, then id reply that everyone would quit the game (no offense) because its too slow. I personally like harvesting the way it is.

Guest CarlosDeLaRia

I have an idea.

May be you can limit the number of harvest on the same resource. For example, the ochard at WhiteStone map can't give all the food it does. I think that can encorage players to look for resources at other maps.

I have a character that wants to live without killing. ¿What will do her while not gathering resources?

----

Sorry, I think that who is ruining the economy are those nasty ants, that give thousands of food without even have to work.

Entropy, if you add it will kill honest jewellers and alchemists. :rolleyes:

How I am supposed to gain materials for 1k silver bars? I will NEVER get it.

And macroers will macroing anyway - since you can write macro which will sleep to next hour, then

harvest 200 times and haul to storage, then sleep again. That idea will only hurt honest people.

BTW: Since alot people can carry 600 or more macroing will be almost undetectable.

Regards.

But just think how much more valuable those items would be!

However, the next step would be to reduce monster drop treasure - why should those no good brawlers get all the good stuff without working.

Oops i am arguing with myself now ...

this is a great temporary solution but in the long run you will probably need a new way to gather resources...for example not using static map objects to harvest from but 'spawning' ore that can be harvested but has a set amount of given resource on it

Vartican has a point here, if you want to do anything, you should make the resources have to respawn. Don't limit it like this, because it's not a realistic thing. The fire essences were a great example. You can use 100's of them in 1 hour without even thinking about it. IF you expect us to buy flowers you would have to adjust the economy a lot. You would need to increase the value of some things. You already lose money if you want to sell teleport rings. It's more profitable to sell the gold and silver bars than it is to sell the rings. Then if you want to make us buy all the stuff to make the bars, and the essences, it would be impossible.

The nature of a MMORPG is that the resources either never run out, or always respawn an infinite number of times. Even doing it that way, as the game gets bigger you would need far more maps, because you make it increasingly more difficult per new player in the game.

I understand that people are macroing and harvesting too easily, but I do not think this is the solution.

Actually some limit is good but the point with the macroers doesn't make sense.

Macroers are macroing while they are sleeping or something for exp right? They can't take away their stuff anyways after they harvested so i think they do it for exp.

So if the limit is 200 and they get exp from 120 harvested items then it doesn't bother them.

It will even be cooler for them because they can't get anything anymore and they can't drop stuff in their bags which will go poof.

So actually you can't fix the point with the macroers with it.

I have an idea.

May be you can limit the number of harvest on the same resource. For example, the ochard at WhiteStone map can't give all the food it does. I think that can encorage players to look for resources at other maps.

I have a character that wants to live without killing. ¿What will do her while not gathering resources?

----

Sorry, I think that who is ruining the economy are those nasty ants, that give thousands of food without even have to work.

I actually REALLY like that idea

Macroers are macroing while they are sleeping or something for exp right? They can't take away their stuff anyways after they harvested so i think they do it for exp.

Yeah, it's really hard to make a program, or just modify the client to macro harvesting, depositing, then harvesting again.

Hi ppl,

I say no because harvesting is needed for alchemy, potions, manufacture, magic, summoning, fighting and so on.

If you limit harvesting no alchemist can do essences, no potion maker can make potions and so on. Or, at least, not make the amount which is needed.

I would still mention my idea of removing harvesting limit and cut down the XP for harvesting.

And to integrate an auto harvester in the official client with the limitations you wanna like. Block mix box, only 1 harvest per second and so on.

Because this game needs the role of harvesters to supply other players. And theres no intelligent reason why we doesnt have players like that. Getting tons of ore or flower and selling them to other players. But, ore and flowers dont run away like creatures, the xp must be cut down.

So my suggestions are:

1) integrate an auto harvester in the official client with the limitations you want

2) remove harvest limit

3) cut down xp for harvesting to a size which makes it equal to doing alch or fighting or making pots

Piper

But just think how much more valuable those items would be

no one would have any enriched items.. everyone that stays will become a fighter. Bush didn't even screw up the economy that bad.

No way, Ent. I am trying desperately to start summoning, so I need to make life essences. 1 silver ore and 2 sunflowers. If you make a cap, that will mean, if I harvest for this, I can get 200 silver one hours and 400 sunflowers next two hours. I'm going to be waiting three hours to make 200 life essences. My alch is 18, so I'll fail about 25% of those. I'll have 150 life essences after three hours. Plus I'll need food, so it's going to completely wreck the entire system of alchemy...

And fire essences, you need like what... 2 Sulfur, 2 red roses, and two red snap dragons to make 2 fire essences? That's a lot just to make one iron bar... You're going to slow the process of crafting, alchemy, and manufacturing by quite a bit... And there is no way I'm going to stay in a game where my forte is restricted.

As somebody else said, "Harvesting is fine the way it is".