Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kami

Two Suggestions

First, On Maps.

I think someone should really get to work on redoing the Maps on most of the areas, particularly Desert Pines and Portland Maps. Not only is the Desert Pines Maps inaccurate but also misleading to many and the Portland map isn't even finished yet and it's very easy for me to get lost in with out even knowing where I'm going. Also, I REALLY Think that there should be a Map for the Crystal Caves. It's just plain cruel to have Newbies Crawling around those caves for an hour, especially at Night, which seems to make it even darker in there. (Also, why does the Clouds effect work in the Caves?)

Second, While on the Crystal Caves, you really need to put in a Second (Deeper) Level to the Crystal Caves. I mean, it's only logical that caves can run very deep. The clincher is that in this lower level, while you can mine for Gold, silver, Etc. but also Gems and the other minerals that Harvey Sells, all the while fending off Hostels!

I think Orcs, Goblins, and maybe even a Balrok or so would be appropriate, don't you think? Lots of dangerous Cave Dwellers never the less.

All the areas are finished with a couple of minor glitches here and there. The handdrawn maps make it better if it is a bit more inaccurate, this gives a feeling of being a bit more fantasy style then having satellite accurate maps.

About the map for inside the cave, there doesnt have to be a map. How many caves do you know that have maps in real life?

There are also some other caves being made at the moment that will contain the ability to mine gems and have multiple lvls...so its only a matter of time :)

I edited the original maps at the begging of the game and I cheated a fuckload (I was walkingt through houses :) ) I mean ent. should not include the map editor with the game! You should have to ask for it at least

Shoot, the map editer does work on my computer!

I can understand a few discrepacies in the Maps, such as with Desert Pines. I can also understand that some regions have yet to be fully mapped (such as the Valley of the Dwarves). What I can't understand is why Portland (a Major City and center of commerce) doesn't have a map that shows you more then just a poor outline of the Streets! No markings or anything.

Also, The Crystal Caves is also a Underground Dwarven Mining Town. Even the Valley of the Dwarves has a better map. Even if it only a outline, you'd think someone like Dwarves (who are know to be Sticklers for fine details) would have a map of their own city! This is also why I mentioned a Second Level. That isn't likely to have a Map to it since the more dangerous a region is, the less likely it'd be explored and thus mapped.