Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teranoz

Attack/defence Exp Per Creature

Would anyone like this implemented ?

You fight, and the attack and defence exp you are building are displayed above your nametag.

If you step on the bag after the fight and open it, the values will be set to 0 again.

tmpstat.jpg

I tried to make it reset after the fight is done, but did not want to reset it after succesful fleeing.

If there would be info from the server what id the creature(s) has/have you are fighting it could be set to 0 after the creature(s) with that id die.

noooooo it would get too messy

like when there are a few fighters fighting in the same spot roughly last thing you need is more garbage above your head.

casting spells during combat is hard enough as it is :D

noooooo it would get too messy

like when there are a few fighters fighting in the same spot roughly last thing you need is more garbage above your head.

casting spells during combat is hard enough as it is :D

el.ini

change font size to 0.85 or lower for the name tag..

and boom its not as annoying o.o

el.ini

change font size to 0.85 or lower for the name tag..

and boom its not as annoying o.

yeah but we're talking putting yet more stuff above the head :D

I really like it because say if im trying to rise my attack level and i dont know how much a male orc gives me. That would tell me which would be best to train on for attack exp and then defense exp ;)

Well maybe it could go to like.. the bottom right corner of the screen or top right corner? cuz its a good idea.. just maybe needs some adjustments?

that'd be cooler, i like to check the xp progrees too on def/att; but above the head would suck most especially when you're trying to cast healing on other people who might also like to keep an eye on their att/def xp gains.

from what i understand this only shows your chars exp buildup, i dont think the server sends of that data to anyone else and therefor you cant get that kind of readout for anyone else...

hmm, i have lobbyed for a system where the exp for fights are handed out based on damage done vs the total health of the creature so that you get the same amount of exp no matter if you use a sword or a fist if the result is that you kill the beast (ie the number of swings used to kill the enemy dont have a point in it at all if the end result is a kill). sure if you hit it ones and flee then you get less but hey now it gets more interesting to use heavy weapons on them rather then got about with fists all day.

the problem is that the total amount of exp the monster can give out before dieing would then be fixed rather then like it is now where it increases based on the number of attacks you do on it before it dies. and the problem of exp stealing on maps where more then one person can attack one beast may become a bigger itch.

or maybe a simpler system would be a system where you get bonus exp for overkill so that if you land a blow that does more damage then the creature have left the amountof damage that goes above is used as a kind of exp booster.

basicly i want to make it more interesting for people to walk around with weapons then just for show or pk ability. i find it kinda silly looking at images of people in full plate going head to head with a monster with just their fists...

I like the Idea, but things to get cluttered above the head. if you set it so you can toggle it it would be good. or if you can leave it on, but when not fighting it is not displayed, that would work as well. Have what you built up in the fight displayed above the head, then after about a second removed. Or when you have finished the fight have the attack exp gained in that fight flash above the head then defense...lots of things you can do with this. but the toggle is a must.

Note: fun thing to do on EL when bored. Turn off everything above the head, go into a forest and hunt for brown rabbits ;) those little guys are hard to see when nothing is on :)

I think it should be some small, really small window which you can bring on to see how many exp you

got from last kill...

+------------------+
| Attack: 21     |X|
| Defence: 100     |
+------------------+

Regards.

After opening the bag you get that logged to the console, plat.

I did some experiments in the code, and it can also be done at the same spot as where the FPS is shown (only more to the right).

Need to extract the parts of the code that does all in order to get it properly published.

Logging it on console may cause flooding you with messages - if you get alot exp or if you reset the

fight by fleeing. I think small window in some comfortable location would be more useful and clean...

Regards.

this patch is almost great. instead of opening the bag to reset it look for the actor command from the server. If ur actor stops fighting reset the counters.

this patch is almost great. instead of opening the bag to reset it look for the actor command from the server. If ur actor stops fighting reset the counters.

No, not possible if you fight with fleeing to get more exp.

The only thing that might fix that is that Ent adds the info about what id the creature has we are fighting.

So, if we start fighting we should get the actor_id->actor_id from our opponent.

In actors.c we could check the status of that actor.

if actor_id->dead we could show the end result and reset the counter again.

Yeah, got it now.

I set a timer if actor is fighting.

if the actor is not fighting for 3.5 seconds the tmpstat will be reset, so you can still use flee (note that a succesfull flee results in not fighting)

Uploaded the patch to CVS, patch #000219.

Just look at the code and see if anything can be improved.

The numbers above the head are gone now.

I use the displaying of the results in the same way as the FPS is displayed, only more to the right.

need to add

extern Uint32 K_TMPSTAT;

to key.h

also I add addition option to patch

in elconfig.c to function void init_vars()

add_var(BOOL,"show_tmpstat","sp",&show_tmpstat,change_int,1); 

so that you can have on by default by defined el.ini #show_tmpstat = 1 so it always on

Edited by jamesvm