Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

Multiple Account Bans

We are working on better ways to detect people who are cheating by using multiple characters. As a result, some innocent people may get banned accidentally. We apologize for the inconvenience. Allow me to clarify the multiple accounts rule:

The rule only applies for multiple accounts used by the same person. This means that different people that play with the same IP are OK.

Things that are illegal include muling (having one character carry things for another), training (going to a pk map, and using a second character to give your main one exp), bag holding (using a second character with MM perk to save your death bag when you're training with monsters), and basically anything else that involves using a secondary character at the same time as a primary character for the benefit of the primary character.

We understand that many people play with their siblings, friends, and SOs, and may play on a LAN that connects to the internet with a single IP address. It is of course legal for you to interact with your friends even if you have the same IP address. However, be aware that you may be banned unfairly if we suspect that it's just one person playing multiple accounts. If that happens, explain the situation here and we will unban you.

As I said before, we are working on better ways to detect people who are cheating, and also better ways to discriminate who is not cheating. Please bear with us as we attempt to make the game more pleasant for everyone by getting rid of cheaters.

How about make people to declare it here? Like on Ultima Online where multiple chars from same IP

are not allowed unless you declare it - for example family, LAN etc.

Regards.

How about make people to declare it here? Like on Ultima Online where multiple chars from same IP

Regards.

Plat.. had a good idea.. dear god *faint!*

Regards.

...and a stubborn bush supporter is able to identify it as such ??? :ph34r: ( ;) )

indeed, this is a very good idea !

Regards.

...and a stubborn bush supporter is able to identify it as such ??? :ph34r: ( ;) )

indeed, this is a very good idea !

It wouldn't matter if I voted the other way anyway. Bush towers Texas 89/11 last time I checked. :P

Good to see you trying new ways to enforce this type of ban.... no way to

not get a few people that should not be banned when doing this.... sure you

all will get it right soon.... good job.

Tigger

Well I know it is not easy to believe but actually moderators are not heartless beasts. ;->

Regards.

Guest bio_hazard

i play el at the public library down my street beacause mine doesnt work so 2 people might use the computer i used for el is that acceptable?

So you should declare at General Chat forum that you are playing from public place and some other

people can have same IP - describe it and tell aproximately how many people use it.

Regards.

I am declaring that I have friends that come over and play at the same time as I do. Also my brother plays some. So there are 3 accounts in activation from this IP address and their all played by different people on different machines.

I have an acount: Dorplein

My brother has an acount: rrrr

He doesn't play (much) anymore but it would be nice if u didn't ban me.

I am declaring that I live in a house with 3 computers and my brother and sometimes a friend plays at the same time as I do. there are 3 accounts in activation from this IP address and their all played by different people on different machines. ts in activation from this IP address and their all played by different people on different machines.

i hope u unban me asap

aap

Guest Guest_knockemdead

I am declaring that I live in a house with 3 computers and my family and sometimes a friend plays at the same time as I do. there are i think 6 accounts in activation from this IP address and their all played by different people on different machines.

Guest elvenpyro

i now (or at least think i know) why i was banned. i think that it was for multiple accounts, having two people of the same ip on at once. The reason is simple, i am elvenpyro, my little bro. zach is zmaster. Every once in a while we trade stuff, but the only way to do that is for us to log on at the same time, same computer since we don't have two. Anyway the good news is that i will be getting a second computer soon. Most of the guys in my guild should be able to vouch for me (Blue). So please respond and tell me if this is why i'm banned, i'm pretty sure it's not against the rules, and if it is, then i apologize

Wrong thread! That one for declarations is on general chat forum!

Regards.