Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamesvm

Encyclopedia Manufacturing

Is Base cost for items in Manufacturing part of Encyclopedia useful to you?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is Base cost for items in Manufacturing part of Encyclopedia useful to you?

• Yes, I depend on it with my life
    • What are you talk about?
    • No, Get rid of Base cost infomation
    • No, turn into something more useful

Is Base cost for items in Manufacturing part of Encyclopedia useful to you?

I am work on it and can not see reason why it is in there. So want is ok get rid of it.

In Encyclopedia if go to Weapons click item under there like Iron helm to which simialer screen that look like this:

***Left on some info befor it******

Items needed for manufacturing:

5 Iron Bars, 3 Leathers, 4 Fire Essences

Items needed in inventory: Hammer

Knowledge needed: Iron Helm

Required Nexuses: Artificial: 3

Recommended Skills: Manufacture: 29

Experience given: Manufacture exp: 140

Food subtracted: 15

Base cost: 2600 gold coins<<< why is this usefull?

Weight: 3 EMU

It's.. mostly more along the lines of outdated rather than useless. I mean sure, 2600 iron helm from store instead of the 400ish you get from players, the 190k serp from portland instead of the 10-20k from players.

I'd say to remove it or put in a rough estimate of what the players would rather pay for it (which I know varies, but not dramatically at all times).

The economy changes, so that price would have to be updated fairly regularly if you were to put the price that it (roughly) costs to buy the item from players. Also, you can edit the encyclopedia yourself, so if you want anything extra you -could- just add it...

I believe at one time or another, that information was supposed to indicate the base manufacturing cost... as in if you bought all the materials needed to produce the item (assuming they are all still sold through vendors). Thus it was an easy way for a player to check how much they would make making the item and whether or not it was worth trying.

*Example, Leather Pants cost 80 gc to make (7 leather, 10 thread) and are sold for 55 gc.

Leather Torsos cost considerably more (Iron bars are no longer sold in a shop AFAIK so the exact price to manufacture cannot be determined) but only sell to Trik for 50 gc, so unless you are that desperate for the addition 5 or so exp you get, or actually need the leather torso, it makes little sense to create it.

Information which is useful for a new player who wants to make some money... :blink:

Also, something along the Lines of "Entropy is teh slow and made Trik not buy Leather Helmets" should be added on the Leather Helmet entry if it is added to the manufacturing section of you Encyclopedia (*HINT* COUGH *Request*) there James. I've added it, and except for a few errors centering the "back to button" (it isn't in the window on the last two monsters) and a very few grammatical errors, I am impressed by it.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.

Swiss

Swiss

So you are say basic cost is what cost if brought every thing from NPC?

Wow how come I never though of that.

Think make Glossary section define so terms we use el or just tell like basic cost is.

Oh , monster back button I saw that and I fix it I upload when finish add Iron Grieves Iron Cuisses,Iron Plate Armour. I Already add Leather Helm to it.