Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

El Taking All Processor Cycles

When switching away from EL to another program, windows task manager is reporting 96% or more of the processor time going to EL. Normally EL takes (on my system) 22% or slightly more.

Task manager is showing near constant 100% CPU usage, even when EL is minimised to the taskbar.

My system specs:

AMD Duron 2Ghz, 512MB RAM, 128MB Geforce4, XP Pro SP2

Could the code for processor management be corrected upon switching away from or minimising the EL window? (I seem to recall in good old VB days a call to DoEvents did the trick, is C that different?)

Great game, and I'll probably see you guys in VOTD :rolleyes:

Yeah, but is it gonna be fixed in the win32 executable version?? Pretty please.. with dwarf bread on top..

Oh and what's the chances that dwarf bread can be used as a weapon, a la the god that is Terry Pratchett <_<

Anything that goes into CVS will be included in the next release unless something very strange happens and it needs to be removed because of problems. The CVS version is what is being developed and tested for the next release.

and also you have a duron which suck

Duron's arnt half bad. Used to have one in my main system. Maybe 200mhz below equivilent thoroughbred Athlon. Fairly good OC on earlier Applebreds also. To ArmageddonQ: Using #limit_fps in your el.ini file can help, this will reduce processor load when in and switched out of el. I find it is better if you show the console or map before switching, so it is not rendering the world. That might just be me though. :rolleyes: