Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamesvm

Who Incharged Work On Encyclopedia

Well I was broadcasting everyday about encyclopedia updates, EVERY DAY so EVERYONE will have it

updated. I wasn't paying much attention on forum, my bad. Anyway if jamesvm don't want to let me

continue my work alone I think I will make some kind of unofficial encyclopedia, because I didn't wanted

remove anything from old Encyclopedia, it was OK and Mercerus did really good job there and I am

really bored of wars so I don't want to work with anyone here because not going to argue about every

small thingie. I have put you on ignore list because you wasn't answering my questions and you totaly

was not interested in that what I am talking about so what is the point talking with you if only one

person participate? He called me meanie, started to telling me that you have started work on encyclopedia

because "you are NH member and I am nothing" etc. so hel stays on ignore list. Jamesvm

knew that I am working on encyclopedia because he was pming me after reading broadcasts so I don't

get it why he offered working on encyclopedia, HE KNEW I am working on it because he was

downloading it from my OWN update site. Okay I could post something on forums but I wasn't sure if

I will find a time and motivation to do it so I wanted to wait till I will not do something concrete I

thought it is obvious. Jamesvs knew I am working on encyclopedia but he decided to take over my job,

well it is not like friends do. Enought said.

Regards.

What heck first off never put what anounce over as that you were work on encyclopedia assumed it was old work left from ones that quit before reset and did not mean to insult you or hurt your feeling . Not person pick Indirect stuff if don't tell in word feeling I will not know that I hurt them.

- c) when put monster section I will put stuff most basic catogeries (ex. foot

- pant wares,torse armour(shirt type armour)tit weapons, steel weapons,

- iron weapons, wood weapons.

Does this mean you will list what the monsters/animals drops? If so do NOT put that, let the players find out what they drop by themselves. For the monsters..just put a description of them, I don't think anything more is needed.

teh banned 0n3na, it doesn't change anything. Official work on enhancing the client belongs on the forums as that's the only place where everyone can read it and act accordingly. I've never read your announcements and wonder where you made those.

- c) when put monster section I will put stuff most basic catogeries (ex. foot

- pant wares,torse armour(shirt type armour)tit weapons, steel weapons,

- iron weapons, wood weapons.

Does this mean you will list what the monsters/animals drops? If so do NOT put that, let the players find out what they drop by themselves. For the monsters..just put a description of them, I don't think anything more is needed.

no talk in quote about weapons section what going to do with it

*Points on her signature.* Almost everyone on EL knew who is working on encyclopedia since they were

pming me about various bugs and suggestions about encyclopedia I wanted to anounce it yesterday

when I have finally done something but I suddently found up that jamesvm is working on encyclopedia

since whole week without any knowledge about XML etc. >:ph34r:

Regards.

teh banned 0n3na, it doesn't change anything. Official work on enhancing the client belongs on the forums as that's the only place where everyone can read it and act accordingly. I've never read your announcements and wonder where you made those.

that why create own website so that anyone assesed my latested change to encyclopedia

*Points on her signature.* Almost everyone on EL knew who is working on encyclopedia since they were

pming me about various bugs and suggestions about encyclopedia.

Regards.

Ah, I get it - if nearly all knew that you were working on the Encyclopedia, then howcome I don't see any posts in this topic saying that "I know that teh banned 0n3na is working on the Encyclopedia". Don't twist reality.

Drop your stupid pride and cooperate to merge the work that you've done.

pming me about various bugs and suggestions about encyclopedia I wanted to anounce it yesterday

when I have finally done something but I suddently found up that jamesvm is working on encyclopedia

since whole week without any knowledge about XML etc. >:ph34r:

Regards.

well I never knew that work on it or that tell you about bugs. Let point one thing if nh how can allow put people on ignore list cause also suppose motering(misspelled) el to.

Regards.

Ah, I get it - if nearly all knew that you were working on the Encyclopedia, then howcome I don't see any posts in this topic saying that "I know that teh banned 0n3na is working on the Encyclopedia". Don't twist reality.

I wonder as well. Possibly because most if people are not reading Programming forum.

You got on ignore list because you started to insult me also telling crap like: Oh you are NH member

and I am nothing - wth is that? You are working for the community of to cure your complex?

Regards.

Regards.

I wonder as well. Possibly because most if people are not reading Programming forum.

Regards.

then check here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...opic=7702&st=20 it in general forums

Yes? He was my broadcast as well, considering he posted it a little bit after I came online and did it.

You knew I am working on encyclopedia but you had to take over it, what did you expected that I will

love you now huh? I will not continue this stupid discussion with you. Grow up.

Regards.

Regards.

You got on ignore list because you started to insult me also telling crap like: Oh you are NH member

and I am nothing - wth is that? You are working for the community of to cure your complex?

Regards.

"Oh you are NH member

and I am nothing"

that was not try insult you by it was try opposite of it

Heh, you should both grow up. Realize that you've done the work in parallel and start merging the 2 - that's the best for the community. I doubt that you've done the exact same things ;-)

teh banned 0n3na - It's not the end of the world, but if you don't even want to publicize it because someone else wanted to help improving the encyclopedia, and did, then you are definately the one with a complex.

Heh, you should both grow up. Realize that you've done the work in parallel and start merging the 2 - that's the best for the community. I doubt that you've done the exact same things ;-)

teh banned 0n3na - It's not the end of the world, but if you don't even want to publicize it because someone else wanted to help improving the encyclopedia, and did, then you are definately the one with a complex.

Tell that to teh banned 0n3na, cause I want help and want other help me. And when realised that he was do it that what want to do.

I found something in EL client that I actually can do. I am a NH and I was happy when found it.

I am no C h4x00r. So it is obvious I will not jump to the sky because infinite happiness because

someone took it over.

Regards.

I found something in EL client that I actually can do. I am a NH and I was happy when found it.

I am no C h4x00r. So it is obvious I will not jump to the sky because infinite happiness because

someone took it over.

You're not the social and cooperative type, eh?

First of all: He didn't take it over - it wasn't yours in the first place as you hadn't stated that you were doing it. If you had stated that you were doing it I'm sure that jamesvm would've come to you to help.

Second of all: Grow up - the work will only be wasted if you have this position on the issue. Work together with jamesvm on merging the 2 different versions of the encyclopedia - don't let your work go to /dev/null.

Come on Wytter, he said he wants to work on encyclopedia because I am a NH member and he is

nothing. He knew I am working on it because he was pming me all the time abou that.

Encyclopedia doesn't require army of people working on since it is 98% finished. So what he want to

do here if it is already everything DONE? There is nothing to merge since I updated WHOLE

encyclopedia and he did like one section.

Regards.

Well, publicize it then...

I will when that problem will be solved. Also Roja has some regulations about content which I don't

know and jamesvm didn't wanted to tell me (or he didn't underestood again).

Why I should work on Encyclopedia?

- I know this game very well since I am NH

- I have some knowledge about XML so I can work fast and effective when another updates will be

needed. I also noticed that EL client segfaults when something is not ok with XML tags - I am

currently looking on it.

- I have a time and motivation to do it since I like sending people to the Encyclopedia so they can

gain knowledge themselves not ask zillion questions and have alot of problems with the game.

Regards.

teh banned 0n3na, cool down and just work with jamesvm.

I knew you had created a website to help distribute a Encyclopedia, but even to me it wasn't clear that you were working on it. ALL work needs to be coordinated through here in order to prevent problems like this! There is no reason you can't work on it, but because of your oversight the official Encyclopedia updating and coordination has been given to jamesvm to do, not you.

Now just cool down and find a way to cooperate!

Cooperate in what since whole work is finished? And maybe you don't remember but I have created

site to distribute updated encyclopedia long time ago and I was broadcasting it every day to everyone

in game encouraging them to update. I have finished my work, I have required knowledge and skills

so I am asking to give me officialy EL Encyclopedia updates. Thank you.

Regards.

I think that only programmers can share their work, and this is a mistery to me.

I mean, usually the programmers are happy whena new programmer comes in the team and does some stuff, they are not like: "OMFG competition came, I'd better wave my dick so they won't take my fame". The artists (graphic, sound, music, writters, etc.) usually can't cooperate properly, they have to have their pride getting in the way. What is so wrong if you share your work with someone else, in order to have an improved product? Both of you should realize that usually two heads are better than one.

[edit] And yes, all the: "I am going to work on this or that" is to be done on the forums, due to the fact that different people are in different timezones and have different schedules. For example I never heard teh banned 0n3na's message in game, saying she is working at it.

Thanks all for try get situation solve even though seem teh banned 0n3na refuse to be part solution. she is realy nice person I will miss be able talk to her.