Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamesvm

Who Incharged Work On Encyclopedia

i puted the patch in enclopediblabla and its not that bad

now try to make sum pictures of monsters Or medoulions rings etc ;P

I don't think you are the right person to judge the quality of someones spelling and grammar :P

Even at the lowest level security, my firewall gave multiple warning on the contents of your .zip and recommended my not opening it... Can someone verify the contents of said zip?

http://www.freewebs.com/alphaomaga/Encyclopedia.zip looks fine to me.

thankyou all for being supportive of patch.

Do think put recommend stats in or put monster stat in it?

right now put in monster stat because there more infomation on it

Even at the lowest level security, my firewall gave multiple warning on the contents of your .zip and recommended my not opening it... Can someone verify the contents of said zip?

Windows Xp firewall always says that about file I download so no need to worry.

I don't have the xp firewall, it's gay, I use ZoneAlarm with some personal customizations... It has been very good to me so far :D but if Leeloo says it's good, then I will turn it off just for you :P

Swiss

i puted the patch in enclopediblabla and its not that bad

now try to make sum pictures of monsters Or medoulions rings etc ;P

I don't think you are the right person to judge the quality of someones spelling and grammar :)

http://www.freewebs.com/alphaomaga/Encyclopedia.zip looks fine to me.

thankyou all for being supportive of patch.

Do think put recommend stats in or put monster stat in it?

right now put in monster stat because there more infomation on it

Windows Xp firewall always says that about file I download so no need to worry.

I don't have the xp firewall, it's gay, I use ZoneAlarm with some personal customizations... It has been very good to me so far :) but if Leeloo says it's good, then I will turn it off just for you :P

Swiss

I would hope it was good cause if was not then would mean virus software might not be working.

-E.S.

Why would a firewall give a warning about a zip file?

Because it has a built in checker (trojan, keylogger, virus variety)... I wasn't able to get the contents because they are automatically extracted upon entering the site, which would bypass the normal "scan before extracting" option on most zip files...

Swiss

Because it has a built in checker (trojan, keylogger, virus variety)... I wasn't able to get the contents because they are automatically extracted upon entering the site, which would bypass the normal "scan before extracting" option on most zip files...

Swiss

Must not download lots files consder your Question.

Nope, sure don't, haven't used a computer in 10 months and every time I turn it on, it seems to be infected with something new... and as I've already said, I don't download much, which makes me a bit paranoid ;)

Swiss

Btw I have a copy of the very few corrections at home, but I'm on holiday until Monday so I won't be able to send them to you until then... I completely forgot to send them, but overall it was a job very well done. I especially enjoyed the jewlery section.

Many applause for a job well done sir.

Swiss

P.s. In case you were curious the only major problems I ran into was the Gargoyle Link is still slightly outside of the book, like I meantioned earlier now leather helmets are listed twice, and the return link on the armors portion of the Weapon and Armors menu (while it says return to armors) returns you to the Weapons Menu.

As for grammatical errors and the like, I think the only major changes were to the fluffy rabbit which was fine, just missing a few small words for readability and perhaps one or two on the wolf, but I can't recall off hand.

Not really your fault (*it was like that before, I just thought maybe you could fix it for your version) but a few of the pictures in the Animals section overlap the words (I think the first couple, rabbits thru dear). And I spoke to a person who has the exact stats of nearly all the Monsters (except the newest ones) and was informed that Radu had asked they not be published, so you may want to take that part up with him.

Again, Awesome job James.

Btw I have a copy of the very few corrections at home, but I'm on holiday until Monday so I won't be able to send them to you until then... I completely forgot to send them, but overall it was a job very well done. I especially enjoyed the jewlery section.

Many applause for a job well done sir.

Swiss

P.s. In case you were curious the only major problems I ran into was the Gargoyle Link is still slightly outside of the book, like I meantioned earlier now leather helmets are listed twice, and the return link on the armors portion of the Weapon and Armors menu (while it says return to armors) returns you to the Weapons Menu.

As for grammatical errors and the like, I think the only major changes were to the fluffy rabbit which was fine, just missing a few small words for readability and perhaps one or two on the wolf, but I can't recall off hand.

Not really your fault (*it was like that before, I just thought maybe you could fix it for your version) but a few of the pictures in the Animals section overlap the words (I think the first couple, rabbits thru dear). And I spoke to a person who has the exact stats of nearly all the Monsters (except the newest ones) and was informed that Radu had asked they not be published, so you may want to take that part up with him.

Again, Awesome job James.

Wow finnaly responed. Who is Radu anyway?

Swiss, that thing should contain only xml files, so they can't have viruses in them.

Not until you open them in IE at least... Before Outlook, e-mails couldn't have virus'es (except as attached files) either ;)

(Ok, I'm just joking, I haven't heard of any XML-based IE-exploit yet).

And James... Radu = Entropy.

i dont think recommended lvl for animals/monster belong to the encyclopedia. they depend on too many factors. IMO the encyclopedia should only contain facts and only the basic stuff like data on items/animals/monsters. players that are to good to compare their own stats/equip with that of a monster can browse one of the websites like elrocks.com or ask another player.

i dont think recommended lvl for animals/monster belong to the encyclopedia. they depend on too many factors. IMO the encyclopedia should only contain facts and only the basic stuff like data on items/animals/monsters. players that are to good to compare their own stats/equip with that of a monster can browse one of the websites like elrocks.com or ask another player.

recommend level does not exist in it and might not have in release the stats of monster.

There are players that still have the complete lists of Monster Attributes, as well as actual stats. When asked if I might have a copy of said list (Mine is on another computer, far far away), I was informed that Radu (Entropy) requested they no longer be available to the general public as it takes away from the game in that it is no longer a challange to see if you can beat them when you know that you are higher than they are...

I will, however, see if you would be allowed to include such things in your encyclopedia as the monster health (which is common knowledge) and which maps they are located on. I don't see how this would pose a problem.

Any comments from teh god?

:ph34r:

~E.S.

There are players that still have the complete lists of Monster Attributes, as well as actual stats. When asked if I might have a copy of said list (Mine is on another computer, far far away), I was informed that Radu (Entropy) requested they no longer be available to the general public as it takes away from the game in that it is no longer a challange to see if you can beat them when you know that you are higher than they are...

I will, however, see if you would be allowed to include such things in your encyclopedia as the monster health (which is common knowledge) and which maps they are located on. I don't see how this would pose a problem.

Any comments from teh god?

:(

~E.S.

he told me do as I please so I am keep stats in unless change entropy his mind on it, tell not put them in. Hey what differents between <nlkx/> &<nl/>

Hey what differents between <nlkx/> &<nl/>

nl -> new line

nllx -> new line keep X.

When doing a new line with nlkx the x position of the last written text is conserved instead of starting at x=2.

Errrm...I was working to relase big update on encyclopedia quite long and now, when I am ready, I hear

someone else is working on it huh?? *confused and angry* It is like a month I am working on it so I

think it should belong to me since AFAIR no one was interested in that work...

I was broadcasting encyclopedia small encyclopedia updates and didn't wanted to post on forum till

I will not make some serious update so hmz. I am sad.

Regards.

Or you could combine your efforts with jamesvm, and make it together. He asked both here, and on the general forum, about who is working at the encyclopedia, and you didn't answer until now.

When teh banned 0n3na told about she work to try get her let mr see she had done but she refuse to do so. I told roja about and sent roja whole log of what happen. teh banned 0n3na put on her ignore list because whole stupid situation. Hope teh banned 0n3na take me off her ignore list because she is very good friend.

1)I have weapons section almost done just need rare weapons and armour in.

- a) add iron plate stuff and that

- b ) seperate it into 2 catogories weapons and armour

- c) when put monster section I will put stuff most basic catogeries (ex. foot

- pant wares,torse armour(shirt type armour)tit weapons, steel weapons,

- iron weapons, wood weapons.

2)I have Gods section almost compelete just need put pictures in.

- a) have put location,eniemes,start rank,benefit for all godz that exist

- b ) plan use section map show each god is for(like on elrock)

- c) come conclusion that not going alchemy god which elrock think going to be

3)Monster section well need put rest pictures in it to finish it.

Ok well the animals don't need descriptions..they're just animals :ph34r:

Chimeran Wolf- (can you name him Chimeran Forest Wolf?). This chimeran wolf roams in wooded, foresty areas. A very powerful creature who makes a challenege for even the experienced warriors. No one knows where they originated from.

Fluffy Rabbit(this one doesn't need a description, leave it blank..in fact, don't even put fluffy in the encyclopedia, some things are better left undocumented).........

- a)That why fuffly will not be in encyclopedia.

- b )also will not be recommend fight level in encyclopedia cause can't take all

fun away.

- c) plan on take elrock picture for rest of animals and monster

4)Delete maps section completely in encyclopedia.

5)Jewelry section brought word to into screen.

- a) fix error of word get too close edge

6)Did minor correction in potion section.

- a) fix error of word get too close edge

7)Books I add new book into it.

- a) 4 axe book no research point infomation

- b ) add 2 new summoning books

8)Magic section got ready death ess from harm spelled.

I will try post lastest code on my webpage today for encyclopedia.

Ps talk with roja to try get feel what is want for encyclopedia

Errrm...I was working to relase big update on encyclopedia quite long and now, when I am ready, I hear

someone else is working on it huh?? *confused and angry* It is like a month I am working on it so I

think it should belong to me since AFAIR no one was interested in that work...

I was broadcasting encyclopedia small encyclopedia updates and didn't wanted to post on forum till

I will not make some serious update so hmz. I am sad.

Regards.

teh banned 0n3na, I am sorry that you feel that you've wasted some time on the Encyclopedia. But when that's said, you should've said that you were currently working on it and have done so before jamesvm really started working on this. Is it really that hard to believe that we are not mind readers and don't know what teh banned 0n3na is up to atm (or even think about it :ph34r:).

In Open Source you might risk to do the same work parallel to another, unless the communication is good enough - it's your responsibility to say that you're currently working on the encyclopedia and not anyone else, as how would we know?

When teh banned 0n3na told about she work to try get her let mr see she had done but she refuse to do so.  I told roja about and sent roja whole log of what happen. teh banned 0n3na put on her ignore list because whole stupid situation.  Hope teh banned 0n3na take me off her ignore list because she is very good friend.

1)I have weapons section almost done just need rare weapons and armour in.

a) add iron plate stuff and that

b ) seperate it into 2 catogories weapons and armour

c) when put monster section I will put stuff most basic catogeries (ex.  foot 

pant wares,torse armour(shirt type armour)tit weapons, steel weapons,

iron weapons, wood weapons.

2)I have Gods section almost compelete just need put pictures in.

a) have put location,eniemes,start rank,benefit for all godz that exist

b ) plan use section map show each god is for(like on elrock)

c) come conclusion that not going alchemy god which elrock think going to be

3)Monster section well need put rest pictures in it to finish it.

Ok well the animals don't need descriptions..they're just animals :ph34r:

Chimeran Wolf- (can you name him Chimeran Forest Wolf?). This chimeran wolf roams in wooded, foresty areas. A very powerful creature who makes a challenege for even the experienced warriors. No one knows where they originated from.

Fluffy Rabbit(this one doesn't need a description, leave it blank..in fact, don't even put fluffy in the encyclopedia, some things are better left undocumented).........

a)That why fuffly will not be in encyclopedia.

b )also will not be recommend fight level in encyclopedia cause can't take all

fun away.

c) plan on take elrock picture for rest of animals and monster

4)Delete maps section completely in encyclopedia.

5)Jewelry section brought word to into screen.

a) fix error of word get too close edge

6)Did minor correction in potion section.

a) fix error of word get too close edge

7)Books I add new book into it.

a) 4 axe book no research point infomation

b ) add 2 new summoning books

8)Magic section got ready death ess from harm spelled.

I will try post lastest code on my webpage today for encyclopedia.

Ps talk with roja to try get feel what is want for encyclopedia

Cool outline.

If think any changes have plan or said tell me so can put in it encyclopedia.

ps just realize problem shoud not use miscrosoft .net edit files(so error because of this)

side know going just use picture that only have one animals on cause to hard work other way.ps just impliend on monsters section the weapons pictures are easy to do

Well I was broadcasting everyday about encyclopedia updates, EVERY DAY so EVERYONE will have it

updated. I wasn't paying much attention on forum, my bad. Anyway if jamesvm don't want to let me

continue my work alone I think I will make some kind of unofficial encyclopedia, because I didn't wanted

remove anything from old Encyclopedia if some admin will not demand it, it was OK and Mercerus did

really good job there and I am really bored of wars so I don't want to work with anyone here because

not going to argue about every small thingie. I have put you on ignore list because you wasn't answering

my questions and you totaly was not interested in that what I am talking about so what is the point

talking with you if only one person participate? He called me meanie etc. so he stays on ignore list.

Jamesvm knew that I am working on encyclopedia because he was pming me after reading broadcasts

so I don't get it why he offered working on encyclopedia, HE KNEW I am working on it because he was

downloading it from my OWN update site. Okay I could post something on forums but I wasn't sure if

I will find a time and motivation to do it so I wanted to wait till I will not do something concrete I

thought it is obvious. Jamesvs knew I am working on encyclopedia but he decided to take over my job,

well it is not like friends do. Enought said.

Regards.