Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamesvm

Who Incharged Work On Encyclopedia

one last bit lord Vermor i will work on no matter what .cause it give good experience and easy for me to do

That's the spirit :-) Keep up the good work =)

work on monster section right now

also do not have images for monster and animal so left off

and no little description of them

most doing is

Name

what can manufacter from monster

what items do need to summoning it

LV & Placid: I understand your concerns, but this is all open source development. I think James should be welcome to try and improve the encyclopedia, as long as he realises that it may be rejected if the grammer is not good enough. The updates that I have just had a quick look over seem to be ok. Its not as if the previous updates to the encyclopedia had amazing grammer either. Atm there is no progress being made by anyone for the encyclopedia, and I think that it wont do any harm.

I have now got to point where link work for all monster and animals.

no pictures for what add because picture don't exist in file except

armor goblin.

Snakes well have them all on one page and try to get the images look right on there but had hard times so left on for now.

Have got impression that try keep on imagines of each animals by use u and v all number stuff and to tell truth have not see that stuff much.

On total unrelated note next collage semester i take 3d studio max course. :D

LV & Placid: I understand your concerns, but this is all open source development. I think James should be welcome to try and improve the encyclopedia, as long as he realises that it may be rejected if the grammer is not good enough. The updates that I have just had a quick look over seem to be ok. Its not as if the previous updates to the encyclopedia had amazing grammer either. Atm there is no progress being made by anyone for the encyclopedia, and I think that it wont do any harm.

Thats a fair point, but it is a waste of time if his improvements are rejected.

There have been plenty of criticisms about grammar in the game, which must have taken Ent and others invloved quite some time to do.

If his grammar is bad enough to not even be able tp string a sentance together, what is the point? Using translation websites is even worse, the grammar is terrible and will only add to the worst.

By all means, go ahead, but there is little point if it is ultimately going to be rejected.

Thats a fair point, but it is a waste of time if his improvements are rejected.

There have been plenty of criticisms about grammar in the game, which must have taken Ent and others invloved quite some time to do.

If his grammar is bad enough to not even be able tp string a sentance together, what is the point? Using translation websites is even worse, the grammar is terrible and will only add to the worst.

By all means, go ahead, but there is little point if it is ultimately going to be rejected.

have you check my update out try then tell me opion

Lol, it redirects me to here.

have you check my update out try then tell me opion

Secondly, if thats anything to go buy, i obviously dont need to :o:P;)

hey all want update Encyclopedia click this linkEncyclopedia.zip

click on link to download the files that can unzip into Encyclopedia director of el game to check my work. Might want backup Encyclopedia director encase do not like it

For the third time. That url redirects me to this thread.

Could you perhaps move it to a different server? Could be a proxy problem.

For the third time. That url redirects me to this thread.

Could you perhaps move it to a different server? Could be a proxy problem.

copy web address that I said then past into web browser address bar do not click on it

Im not even gonna try, but i have read the code above, and it seems fine.

Dont get me wrong, im not the be all and end all on this, i just agree with others when saying that better grammar and spelling is needed when developing something like this. An encyclopedia is, after all:

en·cy·clo·pe·di·a    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (n-skl-pd-)

n.

A comprehensive reference work containing articles on a wide range of subjects or on numerous aspects of a particular field, usually arranged alphabetically.

Im not even gonna try, but i have read the code above, and it seems fine.

Dont get me wrong, im not the be all and end all on this, i just agree with others when saying that better grammar and spelling is needed when developing something like this. An encyclopedia is, after all:

en·cy·clo·pe·di·a    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (n-skl-pd-)

n.

A comprehensive reference work containing articles on a wide range of subjects or on numerous aspects of a particular field, usually arranged alphabetically.

have ever heard of copy and paste

Errrr...What?!!!

lmao, of course i copied and pasted that dictionary definition, why would i know that off the top of my head?

Errrr...What?!!!

lmao, of course i copied and pasted that dictionary definition, why would i know that off the top of my head?

well that how get my problem and ask help write stuff has creater or proofed read it

Im sorry but i really didnt understand that.

What i think you said was has it been proofed read by the creater? (i.e. Ent?)

Well i doubt it, but if you would like people to check it, just post the code line by line here, or on your website, and ill look through it.

Im sorry but i really didnt understand that.

What i think you said was has it been proofed read by the creater? (i.e. Ent?)

Well i doubt it, but if you would like people to check it, just post the code line by line here, or on your website, and ill look through it.

no mean i would have some friend check over for me

Well i dont mind doing it. But by all means, have anyone who can speak good english do it, after all as long as its good, its ok :P

i puted the patch in enclopediblabla and its not that bad

now try to make sum pictures of monsters Or medoulions rings etc ;P

ps: chimerian wolf is 3 ele :P

Even at the lowest level security, my firewall gave multiple warning on the contents of your .zip and recommended my not opening it... Can someone verify the contents of said zip?

-E.S.

I don't think you are the right person to judge the quality of someones spelling and grammar ;)

Even at the lowest level security, my firewall gave multiple warning on the contents of your .zip and recommended my not opening it... Can someone verify the contents of said zip?

http://www.freewebs.com/alphaomaga/Encyclopedia.zip looks fine to me.

I don't think you are the right person to judge the quality of someones spelling and grammar :P

http://www.freewebs.com/alphaomaga/Encyclopedia.zip looks fine to me.

thankyou all for being supportive of patch.

Do think put recommend stats in or put monster stat in it?

right now put in monster stat because there more infomation on it

Windows Xp firewall always says that about file I download so no need to worry.

puted the patch in enclopediblabla and its not that bad

i didnt feel well that day :/ ;-P

need information on Recommend Level

Beaver

Small Gargoyle

Medium Gargoyle

Large Gargoyle

Skeleton

need infomation on summoning exp get from them on following animals

Beaver

Deer

Green Snake

Red Snake

Brown Snake

Fox

Boar

Wolf

Small Gargoyle

Medium Gargoyle

Large Gargoyle

Skeleton

Fluffy Rabbit

Chimeran Mountain Wolf

Puma

Bear

Is right forum post it in?

Also tonight I will upload what have done of it so far since last time.