Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arafin

Deaths And How They Pertain To Loss

Yeah topics kind of long here I go:

When you die, you have a chance of losing items...

Now here is what I suggest as it might make the game a bit more stable and balanced...if not let me know lol.

You have 10 items in your inventory...

0-10 items you have same loss rate, but a 1% chance of the item to break/disappear forever

11-20 items 3%

21+ items 5%

Basically it removes money from the economy because not only can you lose and not be able to get your items back, they may very well just break/disappear.

Now let me introduce the break/disappear

I figure if the item to just break beyond repair (aka disappear forever), maybe make item that are breakable have the chance to break when you die...or maybe just the equipment your wearing.

Just an idea of game balancing...again this idea can remove money from the economy, and also rare items from the economy which in time removes that much more from the economy. And from what I have noticed, this is still quite a big issue.

Arafin,

I think you're idea is a good one. It'll tick a lot of people off, but it would be a good leakage to the economy. God knows the economy needs a few more leakages to offset the injections it has (i.e. every person who manu/alchs for sale). I've been thinking about it some too, and i was going right along with what you're posting.

only...(sorry just got this thought)

Perhaps it should be made for those over lvl 7 as well. We don't want the small items disappearing from the newbs.

Firstly because it's detrimental to thier growth.

Second they die a lot more...thus more small things would be lost. The idea is to grab some of those things that are high in value.

Perhaps this is a good idea...perhaps not. Let me know.

Perhaps it should be made for those over lvl 7 as well.

You don't lose items till level 7 overall anyway.

As much as i hate to say it i feel that Runescape could be the answer to item lost on death if anything is the answer

Keep your 3 most valuable items on you "this does not include stackable items!"

Also we could disable this on pk maps so that people wouldnt go in with partial sets to try and pick off a noob.

This makes it so that if you are just out mining and get popped for a 1 hit ko by a bee you wont worry as much since you keep up to 3 non-stackable items after death which is pretty much a full setup for a noob, and even pro's could work around 3 items to balance fighting/harvesting disasters.