Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arafin

What Once Was?

Maybe this is an insanely bad idea but I thought it would be nice.

First off I swear there was a tutorial before when you created a new character...back in the day when I made mine atleast...seems it has recently been removed for whatever reason.

I think the return of this would be very helpful to new players, and perhaps add to the old one and put forth new changes...such as make an npc that teaches you how to read lol (yeah I said read).

When I started it helped me out tremendously and I always wondered if some of the newbies skipped over this altogether or something, but come to find out it has been removed for quite some time which explains the odd questions like 'how do I fight?' which is a rhetorical question had you read in the tutorial mode.

Perhaps bring this once good idea back?

I agree, when i started this helped me out a lot too. However, i think this has been suggested, and discussed before, and to no prevail.

I think this is a good suggestion, as it would remove questions such as those described in the post above. But as said before, i dont think this will be discussed much more.

If you'll read here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8094

Learner made a Help Bot for people, but we're trying to find some ways to make it more interactive.

It was Raven on Newbie Island and yeah, that always helped a TON when you started in the game...I miss it myself...So many people these days can't figure out what to do and are too lazy to read even FAQ's or they're too low on the EL website to see them....

Maybe we can help Learner some with his bot or something...

That was newbie island. I have no idea why it was removed.

More people got frustrated and quit than got off the isle, Because they were too lazy to read how to get back out the building, go through the cave, or to ride the boat.

i never had help bot or tutorial island thingy. I think that Lord_vermor was enough to get me started. But i like to figure things out...not many people have the patience i do.

BUT, i think newb island would have made it quicker for me.

~my 2 cents

I think it would be a good idea to include a short ingame tutorial place for new characters. Though perhaps with an option to skip over/repeat it so people who skipped it can do it again or old players who know everything already but want a new character can just skip it since they know the basics.

I don't know about anyone else, but as much as I like helping it does get very tiresome to have to answer the same really simple questions over and over, like how do I eat? How do i equip stuff?

I don't know about anyone else, but as much as I like helping it does get very tiresome to have to answer the same really simple questions over and over, like how do I eat? How do i equip stuff?

I dunno, I'm not tired of it yet. ;p