Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Juge

Few ideas coming up!

Is there any chance to have some kind of fire on the game? it wouldn't have to look sooo cool, just that it would add some more mood in the game (camp fire doesnt look like camp fire without fire :roll:...Oh and are there any winter areas coming up? I'd like to see myself travelling on the snowy mountains of Eternal Lands (slurp! :P )If i remeber correctly there was something about us players sending some stories for the books... so can there be any images on the books? and if can what kind of images (bmp, jpg?) Thought id post the question here so i don't have to spam the forums so much (another slurp :P )

There were talks about fires before and Im not sure whats happening. If anything then it will come much later in the game as there are other thigns to do right now.

The new continent that will be for p2p players only will have lots of winter areas.

And about the books, most probably no images as im guessing it will take up too much bandwidth, but Entropy would know more.

yeah, what happend to the fire... hmm - forgot about that :P

i remember me talking to entropy/roja about usin diffrent types of texture-mapping to cretae fire. same thing goes for creating small animals like butterflies etc. (the idea is to make a butterfly made out of two square's, ONLY - then you make the texture on the two squares texture mapped so that it can be transparent, and therefor you can 'draw' the edges of the wings on the texture and there is no need for advanced modelling...)

Perhaps fire making could manifest itself in the form of flame on logs when you do the spell? There are other campfire spots in the game and I don't think I found anything useful with the fire spell.