Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wytter

How To Make Money

Hey all

With the latest discussions/flames in the General chat, I felt that it might be a good idea for us to come up with alternatives to selling in-game stats for $.

I'll update this list when new, good and realistic suggestions are made:

• Sell special in-game items - Purchasable from an NPC for Platinum coins (that can only be bought for $)?
    • Clothing (with or without special attributes?)
    • Weapons (achievable only through donation)
    • Extra strong potions
    • Non-droppable books containing the knowledge of special items, spells etc.

[*]Access to new storage areas

• Could be implemented as workshops for crafting, manufactoring, potions etc. where you could use the storage (everywhere else the areas around the storage should be non-alch, pot, manu etc.)

[*]Advertisements in-game. Corporate sponsoring might be an option (at least when the user base is higher)

[*]Player housing

[*]Donations

[*]P2P - as an addon perhaps - buy the whole package or only parts of it?

• More quests
    • More maps and spawns
    • More continents
    • More items
    • Special races
    • Special forums

[*]Guild fees (to create a guild and monthly - would also get rid of many of those 1-man guilds that are around :ph34r:)

Please come up with more suggestions - I know that there are many people who do not want Entropy to sell stats, but we have to come up with alternatives.

Edited by Wytter

Offering quest on the F2P version that can only be played if you donate?

The in-game items (axe's and glowing swords etc) were a storm, maybe more items?

- Newer staff's with good stats, that are only available through donation?

- Higher level spells that are only available through donations?

As teh banned 0n3na's thread suggested:

- Clothing item's that do not do anything other than look good.

As the topic suggests, these are only suggestions.

can somebody post a link to 'Making money from the game' thread? I don't know how <_<

As a quick way of making some $$ i suggest this. The tit axes are coming to be manufacturable. Ent could make new ones whitch look the same, only with higher stats and maybe be unbreakable and whitch can only be bought.

Also, unbreakable capes could be sold and new capes like Dont fail at summon, pot, alch.. also at manu i guess. One for all or one for each skill

And to teh dude above: F2P is Free 2 Play

Personally I am not that much for the idea to sell unbreakable items - it'll be a one-time only sale, and it'll undermine the market.

Offering quest on the F2P version that can only be played if you donate?

Wtf is F2P?

nice suggestions

:P

F2P == Free 2 Play.

P2P == Pay 2 Play.

How about having items implemented for us, i.e. People create the art for the item they want, give stats and ent and roja price it up, and on payment they put it in the game....?

Its an idea but probably impossible to implement as everyone would need the graphics?

Personally I am not that much for the idea to sell unbreakable items - it'll be a one-time only sale, and it'll undermine the market.

You are right, but the idea of it breaking makes people think twice before deciding to buy it. And they can still be lost if you die, serps didnt use to break a while ago. It wont have a big effect on market cos there will not be like 300 of these axes and people will still buy the normal ones on market and save the better one for special occasions cos they will be afraid to lose it =)

And when a certain number of people bought their axe/cape/whatever, a new and better buy-only weapon/cape/whatever comes out and everybody wants to have it =)

omg im a pig :P

The idea with unique items created for 1 player alone should be possible, but very expensive. Furthermore I don't think that it should be possible for that item to have stats higher than the other items - for instance the base cost of a tit axe is 20$. If you want a unique item with the same stats it should have the base cost of the tit axe + payment for Roja to create the item (unless you're capable of doing it yourself) (should be at ~50$+ an hour) + a fee for implementing it in the next client release (10$ ?). If the item didn't have any stats and was only for wearing the base cost could be 0$.

I doubt that many people would use this, but I think it'd be interesting to have in the game.

How To Make Money

sell fruit...

....sorry :P

Please don't spam on this topic :-)

The idea with unique items created for 1 player alone should be possible, but very expensive. Furthermore I don't think that it should be possible for that item to have stats higher than the other items - for instance the base cost of a tit axe is 20$. If you want a unique item with the same stats it should have the base cost of the tit axe + payment for Roja to create the item (unless you're capable of doing it yourself) (should be at ~50$+ an hour) + a fee for implementing it in the next client release (10$ ?). If the item didn't have any stats and was only for wearing the base cost could be 0$.

I doubt that many people would use this, but I think it'd be interesting to have in the game.

Yeah, ur right. Thats why i was a littel sceptical about posting it. But thats the point, if people want their own 'Custom' items, then they're gonnna have to pay for it. It would be interesting to see, plus, if people are buying 'official' bots for $100 it would be just as good, because more people would be enclined to buy a custom item, thats if they can afford it ;)

ok (*shot down by the humour police*)

Wytter is very serious about this subject matter, along with the issue of donations, and considering the fuss and uproar earlier I would think more people would be serious about it too. ;)

Seeing that most people in EL really do interact with Guilds a lot, how about this:

Instead of the 30K in-game money required to create a guild, just charge people $20-$50 to create one.

Maybe the fee could also be lower and re-occuring, such as $10/month. The payment would be made either by the creator of the guild, or a little 'fund' could be set-up where any members of that guild are free to donate to accumulate enough money.