Eternal Lands Official Forums

My El Predictions..

aww :o *hugs ber-ber*

hmm i guess its a good thing plat ain't ALWAYS like dat

El sure has helped my sense of ... twisted sarcasm quite a bit :P

You forgot:

When the only way to kill animals (rabbits and deer) was to poison them, because there was no fighting yet. Imagine followin a rabbit, trying to catch up with it, and hoping it would stand still long enough to select the magic wand, click "cast spell" (assuming you had the sigils selected), and then clicking on the rabbit.

Wait, didn't poison come before animals? Ok, imagine going to the PK map (tirnym was the only one) and trying to kill someone using poison only. He had lots of time poisoning you back before he died.

Oh yeah, and when Entropy and Roja logged on at 22:00 CET every night from a 56k modem somewhere in Romania, and when they lagged out five minutes later, Entropy said a lot of not so nice things about his ISP. And everyone would just sit at the docks, discussing how to do the game, and Entropy actually listened to people.

Yeah 007, I remember when they added DP and the other new map, the one Neo made. Anyone remember him? After the first wipe someone stole his nick, and he picked "Aepox" instead. I walked all the way around DP staying as close to the edge as possible, with no map to look at if I got lost. Maps felt much bigger when you had to explore them, and of course we walked at half the current speed.

And the characters looked completely different too.

And later on (after that) came teh 1337ness of having an iron sword...and killing teh ebil power rabbits (killer-bunny bug).

[EDITED BY JEBUS BECAUSE OF LACK OF OPINION IN THIS COMMUNITY]

What can I say? I love EL!!!!

Well, if I don't I'll get banned/flamed :D

wtf...

we're not complaining about "the past and crap like that". We're remembering things about the game that we wish everyone could've experienced.

There's only the future

Where do you live? cuz you must really suck at your history class..

A lot of people came into the game (*ahem*) and tried to make friends but were usually shunned by all

who shunned you? i've only seen you ingame a few times, and i know i didnt shun you... and wtf do you mean by shun? shun would be sent away all by yourself to some other place...

Mainly because of these people who are whining about "how things were".

again, we are not whining. we might start whining now, cuz you had to come in here and get some attention, but we were NOT whining about "how things were".

How about not constantly bragging about how much better you are than these n00bz and try to make friend with some of them?

who the hell are you talking about? us oldbies are not bragging about being better! where the hell in here (besides plat's post) do you see anyone bragging about ANYTHING?!?!?!?! jeez

. Give some of these "n00bz" a chance.

again, how are we NOT giving you a chance? if you dont wanna be a part of this conversation, don't join it. this isnt some huge "everyone must participate" thread or something.. just stay out

btw "just stay out" is shunning, yes, but you brought it upon yourself by attempting to ruin this topic

Do I care? No.

and you wonder why people shun you? :D

[REMOVED BY JEBUS, DUE TO LACK OF OPINION]

so what? this is the first time i've ever talked to you, so its my first impression of you

[EDITED BY JEBUS TO REDUCE FLAMES]

so what? this is the first time i've ever talked to you, so its my first impression of you

There's nothing I can do about that, now is there?

about what? how you act around people? cuz you sure as hell CAN do something about that...

There's nothing I can do about that, now is there?

about what? how you act around people? cuz you sure as hell CAN do something about that...

I enjoy flowers. Let's go harvest some roses!

You forgot:

When the only way to kill animals (rabbits and deer) was to poison them, because there was no fighting yet. Imagine followin a rabbit, trying to catch up with it, and hoping it would stand still long enough to select the magic wand, click "cast spell" (assuming you had the sigils selected), and then clicking on the rabbit.

Wait, didn't poison come before animals? Ok, imagine going to the PK map (tirnym was the only one) and trying to kill someone using poison only. He had lots of time poisoning you back before he died.

Oh yeah, and when Entropy and Roja logged on at 22:00 CET every night from a 56k modem somewhere in Romania, and when they lagged out five minutes later, Entropy said a lot of not so nice things about his ISP. And everyone would just sit at the docks, discussing how to do the game, and Entropy actually listened to people.

Yeah 007, I remember when they added DP and the other new map, the one Neo made. Anyone remember him? After the first wipe someone stole his nick, and he picked "Aepox" instead. I walked all the way around DP staying as close to the edge as possible, with no map to look at if I got lost. Maps felt much bigger when you had to explore them, and of course we walked at half the current speed.

And the characters looked completely different too.

hehe :lol: especially sitting at docks when nothing was to do..

How did ya'll find this game in the first place, i mean you leelo, bond, pox?

And did ent/roja start the game in romania and then moved to the states?

jebus.. your name means fucker in my language so... =)

How did ya'll find this game in the first place, i mean you leelo, bond, pox?

i found EL in a google directory.. i had gotten really tired of RS and i wanted to find a free online mmorpg that was still in the making and poof EL fit perfectly

and yes i believe they started in romania and then moved, but i'm not positive

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Jebus, your attitude is one that causes them to remember "the good old times". I truely wish i could have been there. It sounds like a great time. Kudos to you guys for sticking around for so long. Thanks for making EL a great place.

Jebus, your attitude is one that causes them to remember "the good old times".

OH god, now im the reason EL sucks now? You're just an ass-kisser so shut up please. Maybe because you were accepted, I don't know. But to reduce conflict since now every oldbie and ass kisser will come to flame me, I'll edit all of my posts :D

naw i'm not saying you're the specific reason. Too many people who come to EL now have the same attitude. A little curtesy (sp?) goes a long way. Just be friendly and everyone else will be nice (accept people with bad attitudes (those you just ignore)). I'm not an ass kisser? how would kissing ass benefit me? i don't care what these people think of me. I simply appreciate their commitment. They've worked hard with all their input to this game.

Appreciation is something the newbies need a lot more of too. I'm a newbie, only been around since may/june.

Jebus, your attitude is one that causes them to remember "the good old times".

OH god, now im the reason EL sucks now?

yes, you and other people with your attitude

hehe :lol: especially sitting at docks when nothing was to do..

How did ya'll find this game in the first place, i mean you leeloo, bond, pox?

I was checking out HappyPenguin.org. I had been looking for an MMORPG game for some time, but EL was the first that actually got past "where the .... did they put the download link?" :D

Yes, they lived in Romania back then.

I was browsing happypenguin.org as well. There was two games on first page. Click first...errr...WTH is

that? Clicked on second - which was Eternal Lands - nice name - I said. Downloaded it and I have ran

it without any problems which was rare thing hehe. Spent whole night for chatting with people on

Newbie Island and bunny killing. ;D

Regards.

Omfg i owned back in teh days..i owned manu ^^ i like spawn killed over 600 bunnies, (they spawned at the same place and didnt even move, bug XD) OMG THAT WAS SO PHUCKING PHUN!!!!i bought fox furs from Trop for 1 gp each.. ^^

Hahaha remember when Hades killed Mooner and took his serp?! aahaha XD Here's from when i received the news...

aepox: who are we searhing for?

MoonShadow: hades

You see: Hades

sexy: i shall never give up my cape!!

Hades: yes?

aepox: found him!!

XD