Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mikac

Entropy Takes Money For Stats.

Okay Well I had all night at work to think about it,

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how it's going to screw up the whole game?

Hmmm let me contemplate on this for a bit, I'll try to look at the downside 

NeoSeS

Hmm... I still can't see any real downside to this other than the fact that a bunch of cry baby pain in the a**** who just want to mooch off of Entropy and the rest of the game creators are going to be upset about some people who bought high levels (higher than there's Oh no say it ain't so...) and have to complain about it and give entropy a headache and a reason to give up on the game all together.

Entropy do what you need to do to make money, hell make the whole game pay to play and cut off all the winers who don't pay and bitch and complain when you do find a way to make money from it. (That's right I said take away the free version, see how many of them stick around to continue to be a pain in your ass)

The fact of the matter is no matter how much you play you may never meet or get to know everyone in the game and there is even the chance that you could play for a year straight and never meet someone who paid for there increased stats let alone know that, they paid for them... what's the big deal here.

Entropy please I implore you, don't give up on EL and I know that now is the time and issue that concerns you but if these people don't like it so much then smeg them, make money enjoy life and 5 years from now when EL is flourishing and you are making money on a regular basis from the game none of this will matter anymore anyway. I'm sticking around either way, I wish you the best and respect and appreciate all you have done for us all through making this game and keeping it going.

Regards

NeoSeS

OK, I will say what I think(don't delete it)

I FULLY AGREE WITH ENTROPY, THAT HE'S GIVING US THE FREE GAME AND YOU, YOU BULLSHITS ARE BITCHING HIM FOR EVERY FUCKING CHANCE TO GET SOME FUCKING MONEY FROM THIS GAME, WICH HE WORKED HARD TO MAKE IT SUCH GREAT AS IT IS NOW. IT IS HIS GAME, AND IT IS FREE GAME OMG! JUST TRY TO SEARCH GOOGLE FOR FREE MMORPG - YOU WILL FIND TEXT BASED MMORPGS OR TRIALS OR FREE AND P2P VERSIONS LIKE RUNESCAPE. SO HELL WHY ENTROPY CAN'T MAKE JUST SOME FUCKING MONEY FROM THIS PROJECT?! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE?! HE COULD DO SOMETHING ELSE WHILE HE WAS DEVELOPING ETERNAL LANDS, HE COULD DO HIS OWN THINGS, GO OUT, GO HAVE FUN WITH ROJA, GET ONE MORE WORK AND EARN LOTSA $$$. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE SO BULLSHITS AND BITCHING HIM FOR EVERYTHING. PLAY SOMETHING ELSE THEN, BYE!

P.S. EL IS NOT JUST A GAME, IT HAS GREAT COMMUNITY, IT'S ALSO A CHAT PROGRAM, IT HAS VERY BENEVOLENT RULES AND VERY BENEVOLENT ADMINS. IN OTHER GAMES ADMINS WON'T EVEN READ YOUR POSTS, BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE GODS. BUT ENTROPY, LEARNER, LEELOO, CICERO, MOONSHADOW, ROJA ETC. SUFFERS YOU!

Well that was a little strong, But I'm glad to see someone shares the same feelings I do, Smeg um all and let god sort it out in the end, till then Ent is god, and it's time God got his Dues :ph34r:

Umm I agree with Ent, he is the creator, whatever opportunity he has to make money, he should definetly take it.

Guest EgoMatrix

Money for Stats is Ultimate Betrayal of all Players!!!!

If this becomes mainstream and not an isolated incident GAMEOVER

Ent please if u need Money to operate charge all players on for 3months or more 10$ to log on next time. One time operating fee, this is understandable. Possible solution, suggestion.

ps: Shame on players as well, lamers who cheat ahead disrespect all others in game. :ph34r:

Now honestly - does anyone think that we would've been in this situation if the players whining in this thread had donated in the first place? If you ever wanted to wait for the right moment to donate to the game, THIS is the right time. Donate to the game if you care about it and doesn't want it to become a market where stats can be bought...

If you want to circumveint this development, show your will by donating.

Hey, here's an idea, all you fucking powergamers that have nothing better to do than level a character should get jobs for the sole purpose of donating to the game. That way, this idea won't be implemented. Otherwise, shut the smeg up. I would much rather have a single server for the game, rather than two seperate servers. If this is what it takes to have that, fine.

Besides, trust me, having an uber character that you have absolutely no connection soon gets boring. I played my friends lv.99 runescape character for a while and soon lost intrest.

P.S: The temorary stats idea is good. Some intelligent contribution.

Rant, You will get pissed after first two lines but read to the end Entropy.

Football teams pay they PLAYERS to play, you are not paying us for play this game so you can't

compare. This is free game, and we are all grateful for it. But if you can buy stats this is not the game

anymore, this is supermarket. You can enter supermarket for free, and walk thru supermarket for free

and even role playing Queen Elisabeth in supermarket for free (unless you are not role playing great

battles for England). We are getting no info where are donations going, you are stubborn and rude

so you expect that people will donate to person like that? I remember old times in this game.

You are not listening anyone with anything - even Roja and Learner. I have something for you,

maybe it will enlight you: YOU ARE NOT PERFECT no one is perfect. Anyway not perfect people are

creating perfect things when they are listening to each other and helping each other.

You, Roja and few other people created so nice game, nice community and you are trying to destroy it.

I don't underestand it. You got bored or decided that most important thing in life are money and you

don't care how to earn it? Considering there are alot better ways to earn it and you came that low and

broke your word that you will never sell stats for money. No one will want to suppoert you if they loose

respect to you. Non profit projects are earning cash to survive because people see great people and

their great work and are willing to help. You can't cover your work by telling everyone who want's to

help "shut the fuck up". You will not change your behaviour that project will die. If you don't care

anymore about EL - well your game, your choice.

Regards.

again, although i'm not into the kind of thinking where you so can't be arsed playing a game that you buy your stats to instantly give you the more playable character you so desire, it's still none of my business what stats another character holds (however they got them) - way i figure it is as long as i'm doing ok by my standards/needs then that's really all i have to worry about (unless i felt the need to kill that other character of course heh)...

so yeah, obviously the pkers are gonna be pissed, and fair-minded individuals also are gonna think less of anyone who constantly buys their stats to keep ahead of all other players for whatever reasons (pwning pk maps/market; having best armour/coolest hat (lol) etc.), but if you are happy with your own character, why should you care what someone else feels they need to do to be happy?

The bottom line is, as i see it, that this is a level based game so the main goal is to gain levels. And you don't just sell the goal of a game o.O

If ya'll think the main goal is fun.. thats what all games are about in general. Quake3 is fun, but I play EL, i chose a level based game.

The bottom line is, as i see it, that this is a level based game so the main goal is to gain levels.

yeah but surely the only person you need to judge your standards against is your own self.

I think stasia has got a point. He's right, ok, so it might suck, but if you dont want to do it, then dont. Go donate some money to the game, or help with the development/graphics/sound/storyline. Why would someone else's char affect your own? If your not pk'ing them then your ok. If you are, why not use that as an excuse to kick their arse?

The fact is, although people may not agree with it, there is little we can do about it. Plus, we play the game as our OWN characters, not OTHERS.

If someone wants to buy stats, let them, they will get bored VERY soon i am sure.

Entropy and pro-level selling people say: Role Playing. But Role Playing is based on level:

NeXt role plays KF evil, Elise role plays monsters slayer and mage - therefore they has high combat

levels she worked hard to have high level and be the bext warrior in game so she has a right to be

proud because of that. I am role playing merchant and jeweller, people calls me EL jweller because I am

the best in crafting, if someone wants to get married asks me for rings. I remember when I sold 1 Naralik

and 1 VOTD ring for 2k and discussion was like that:

- Nah 2k? It is worth max 200 gc...I will give you free lol.

- I didn't wanted naralik rings huh, I need wedding rings and not cheap ones. :ph34r:

[here I put all kinds of rings I have in trade window]

- Well so pick up which ones. Woman usually loves diamonds. ;D

[he took Naralik ring for the lady and VOTD one for himself]

Now EL jeweller tittle can be bought for 15 bucks. :-/ So where is RPing here?

Regards.

Yes your right teh banned 0n3na, but this game needs to make money right?

Entropy decided to make a little money from this game by selling stats.

His decision.

If people donated more, and contributed more, then maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Entropy and pro-level selling people say: Role Playing. But Role Playing is based on level...Now EL jeweller tittle can be bought for 15 bucks. :-/ So where is RPing here?

the role play is in you doing your own thing.

the lesson here is: stop worrying about some other person's business and keep doing whatever it is that you want to do.

Well said stasia. But Plat does have a point.

I think this thread is a PERFECT example of why we need P2P. That way things like this can be prevented.

Think of it like this:

-- 300 Players

-- $5 A month.

x5

-----

$1500

Not a totaly bad wage for a month.

I liked the idea - paying for account creation on f2p. Less idiots would come in game and less abuse.

Or trading things from TODO list for goodies. Entropy said he needs to hire a person which will do

somet stuff - why not let players to do it? Who knows better this game than people who are actually

playing it?

Regards.

I’ll never pay for play! I’ve chosen EL just for this. But this is one of the strongest thinks that makes him so active. For example: Dransik. Is a MMORPG who used to be free in beta-test. Very active: about 600 players at the same time. Now, they require money for playing and the game is no more so popular.

There are a lot of paid games. See Ryzom, or the future World of Worcraft, Matrix Online. But EL is free!

If developers want to make money from selling stats and items, that’s their money! Is their game! Of course, will look pretty stupid:

1 ovreall point = 10$

1 serpent sword = 50$ and so on.

At last, is their choice.

Why would someone else's char affect your own?

It does have and effect on me. Lets look, the stats player would buy are manufacture, att/def, and maybe summoning. So if a manu serps and fail i need the price higher so i make some profit. Another dude buys manu exp and dont waste ingame money to level whitch is expensive and now he doesnt fail and can sell serps cheaper and im screwed. If i am a summoner he fails less and 3 fluffies are agains mine 2. If he raises his att/def he will suddenly train on my sort of monster and fill the spawns, while using the natural method, i will be moving up when he gets to my monster. And he will pk me and take all my shit =) Oh and crafting also

Egoistical? sure is =)

hmmm, so what we need is an npc who can buy the items we make from us and thus effectively set a minimum price for them.

No one, earlier or later, will play a game where you can buy stats, so I don't want this game to die.

Regards.

The idea of a f2p account creation fee is a good idea, but it doenst really mean f2p then does it?

And orbu there will be an P2P and an F2P version. And the F2P wont be much more than it is now.

@Shasso: Good point, but i was thinking more on the lines of att/def stats being bought. Your definately right about manu etc.

However, its just a matter of time until your manu level gets higher and you can create serps just fine. Time is what it takes thats all.

If there were an NPC that bought ALL armor and weaponry, it would be a better solution (as stasia and many other people have suggested). But i also think that this is the point in which, if ent wants to contiue development and make some money, he needs P2P. Hence my post above.

If there were an NPC that bought ALL armor and weaponry, it would be a better solution.

Were you even here in the old version where trik did buy all the items? That caused a huge income of money from serps and tit longs and it ruined the economy causing big inflation. 10k was a price for 1 beaver fur! Thats why in new version trik doesnt buy high items anymore.

Ill write again, those people who would buy skill would also buy unique nonmakeable/nondropable items like weaps, pots, armor, capes.

Ent was also saying he wants to bring back platinum coins whitch you pay with real money. With those coins you could buy such items from nps, gain access to p2p maps, etc etc. There were all sorts of solutions in 'making the money from the game' thread, i dont know, where did the idea of selling stats come from suddenly. In that thread people were agains selling stats already