Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mikac

Entropy Takes Money For Stats.

Ok my two cents worth:

Given-It's Ent's game he will do what he wishes

Given-It's the players of the game that make it a game at all

Given-Older players quit, newbies will take their place

I HAVE given $50 to the game for a guild house for Riva. I WOULD NOT buy stats for money as I do see that as cheating and cheating on an online game is like quitting school in kindergarten...why? If Ent wants to sell stats for money that is his option to do. On the same hand...if current players decide to leave because of this, perhaps he should listen. It is his game, but it's the players that make it a community, a good game and encourage others to try it out. So Ent, listen to the players about this, do you really want a bunch more of them leaving over something this trivial? Selling in game items-Good idea, Sellling tshirts and caps, etc (rl items)-Good idea, Selling ingame stats and pp-Really bad idea. To me it is even more so encouraging the "cheating" aspect of EL. I don't think you want El to get a rep about such a thing would you?

It is fun building your charackter using hard work not RL money.

Regards.

don't be so sore because some person can jump ahead of you for a few $. Have fun with YOUR guy, don't worry about the others.

you completely forget or ignore the competitive character of a lvl based rpg :(

if you are mature enough to never look at others stats or enjoy reaching a (lvl-wise) goal you set for yourself - gratz ;)

others care for their lvls and don't want to compete with cheaters.

Okay I am usually using plain text in my favorite colour, which is black but now I will do an exeption:

NO ONE NEGATES IT IS ENTROPY'S GAME AND HE WILL DO WHAT HE WANT!!!

And yes, QueenJenny, for me buying stats is a cheat. And there is a demand for functionable guild houses

and it should be expensive otherwise whole EL would be builded up with houses.

EDIT: To my red thingie: I am 20+ years old kid, and I love my favorite game and I don't want it to die.

Regards.

teh banned 0n3na, I'm aware that this is Entropy's game. He's come under fire for his decision. I think that decision is a good one, therefore i'm supporting him. If all you can do is reitterate that it's his game, then i think you're finished posting here.

Also, I wasn't aware that there was a demand for guild houses at $200-250 a piece. Ent, you should go into cyber realestate! While you're at it, give me some tips. I can make some money to give to you!

You don't underestand basic things. Besides that buying stats will ruin our, already not so good,

economy and a community. And I am not finished posting here unless someone will ban me, because

I really want to convince game admins to stop that tragic thing and not do it again.

Regards.

I'm not sure if that red lettering was directed towards my post or not. The word Given means this is not under dispute, it is a universally understood fact. I was hoping stating those 3 "givens" would prevent others from stating it afterword.

QuenJenny: It was directed to your post too but not only. Just alot people started to state that thing

like we would forgot who is the author of this game. *sigh*

Regards.

what basic things don't i understand? And economies can be fixed, there are certain things that can be done to allow for the outlier (such as someone putting forth the money to buy immense amounts of stats).

OK Plat.....you're banned......j/k....

(going out on a limb here)

Ok guys(and gals, sorry plat...;)...) Let's get real about this whole thing... The game is in Beta right now. Everyone's stats and items will most likely be getting wiped when it goes P2P, right? Then why worry? Everyone is on here testing things out all the time. We test how people with 50 Phys or 50 Coord can fight... we test how fast that new thermal sword can break... We test how many flowers we can pick before storage pukes on us... And most of all we seem to be testing Entropy's patience. I say we let the fools buy stats! Thier money for stats will likely mean nothing when P2P comes out.... and best of all it gives the developers a steady source of income with which to fund our free play and testing time right now. I am a guilty party in not donating to EL yet, but I plan to be a P2P subscriber, especially if there is a break for subscribing for a year at a time instead of monthly. This is Entropy's game, Entropy's ideas, and Entropy's development team, and we are all Entropy's Beta testers... we should all support things he does for the enhancement of the game.

On that note, I'd like to suggest that we be able to buy monster names. I'd pay $100.00 to have all goblins renamed RYA_Shazzaam... then I could go and PK my younger brother all day long...lol...Hey, he already has the green skin.... look here:RYA_Shazzaam's Goblin Skin...lol... and you get pics of The_King there also(My son Christopher, who likes playing also...)

Have fun everyone...

Telgar

well telgar ...

like i said ... supporting ent does NOT mean just sit there and say yes to everything.

not at all.

and we have his promise to keep our stats when going p2p ;)

Well fyi, i doubt the stats will be deleted, it could be as easy as a few SQL queries.

Secondly, we know this is Ent's game, and we know that he has the final decision, but like QueenJenny said, we, the people (cheesey) contribte to the game as well, just by being there.

To Entropy:

I have seen your banners about Bush for nearly a year. I'm not sure if you're anti-Bush or anti-Republican.

But if you are anti-Republican, welcome to the world of hypocrisy. One of the biggest slams again them have been that they always cater to the rich. Well, maybe you should change your stance against Bush and stand beside him. Maybe you can share the same fund-raising $1000/plate dinner.

This is beta. That does means we have to test it like it wouldn't be beta, otherwise testing in pointless.

That it is beta means alot things can happen - such like server can crash and I can loose 300k cash,

or I can loose my userfile because server will get crazy and enter only zeros in all userfiles.

Or there will be some horrible bug and our storages will be wiped out. And we are accepting it, those

who are not accepting it shouldn't play beta.

Regards.

kira - no need to get hostile.

teh banned 0n3na - that whole thing about beta testing like it's the real game sounds more like an excuse just to play a free game. Just admit it, you like playing because its fun. You CAN play because its free. And because it's free, the makers aren't getting any money. The only way to do that right now is to sell ingame amenities. I'm sure stats fetch a pretty high price.

Quinticus: Testing of what? Payment methods?

Regards.

I dont agree with being able to buy stats, but if Ent is going to implement this anyway, maybe we should be suggesting ways to do so, rather than trying to tell him he cant do something with his game, simply because we dont like it. If you really hate the idea of being able to buy stats that much, the door is over there. It was free to get in, its free to get out.

Now as for buying stats - rather than specifying what you'd like your stats to be, sell stat-packs - $5 for increased stats by 10. $10 for an increase of 20.. maybe upto a limit of 40 or 50. Each pack should also be limited to a set amount of different stats to be raised, or, charge $2 for every stat that the player wants increased - $8 to have att/def/phys/coord raised + $20 to raise each of them by 10.

New players could buy these stats to begin with.. yes, its not nice for a newb to have high stats, but do you think a new player is going to buy stats before they've even found out what the game is like? Chances are he/she will play it for a while before even considering buying stats.

Current players.. well, a lot of you already said you wouldnt buy stats, some of you may quit. But there are people who will buy stats.. what does it matter? I'm competitive in this game.. but only with myself. If I was starting to compete with others to be the best crafter, warrior or whatever the fun's gone.. its more like hard work then to try and be the best.. I dont want to be the best, I just want to have lvls that I'm satisfied with, and talk with my guild mates and other people in the game.. and have fun.

There's more to EL than just stats. ;)

What is the point of testing this game if we have nothing to say?

If there is more EL than just stats - let's remove stats - well see what happen.

Stats are skel of the game, there is also meat and skin which creates homunculus of our comunity.

If you see only skel - it looks ugly, if you see only meat - it looks ugly, if you see only skin - it looks ugly.

If you see only skel + meat - it looks ugly, if you see only meat and skin - it looks ugly.

Nothing can be functinable if one of that three are missing or are damaged.

Skel are stats.

Meat is the community

Skin is artwork

Regards.

Would you still play chess if your ritch opponent was able to buy extra moves and extra couple of queens?

That summarizes about all i have to say about this subject..

Oh great we're going to have little rich kids running around with 50/50 a/d and 50/50 p/c..I see nothing wrong with it. <-- lie.. For those who work for their stats i respect you. for those who would pay.. .... dot :D

I agree with gunslingers. Way to be cooperative! It's a good idea, however the packages should be subject to higher prices to deter people from going overboard.

teh banned 0n3na - WHAT? :D I don't understand. No body mentioned getting rid of stats. I like stats, they are the basis of growth in the game.

Outofthislife...have you read any of the posts before you posted?

You guys are way to objective oriented. It takes a mastery orientation to truely appreciate how fun these games can really be. I'm sure there are very few who understand objective and mastery orientation.