Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Altar Of Sacrifice

I'll let soldus fight for me, sicne he seems to have mroe valid points. All I"m gonig to say is mike n00bs coem in naked msot the time, so your post is mostly irrevalent to me, and duran, i have not once seen you in kf or any pk map, so you automatically know about fighting effortless things and such. a 50/50 p/c can easily fight somebody within 20 level with less p/c. And entropy killing me, yeah so what i go in knowing i can lose my stuff, yeah i get mad if i lose it. but I take responsibility and get it back.

Here is an idea I came up with:

There will be an altar somewhere, where you can drop items in a bad. All the wearable items's cost (from that bag) will add together. When you click the use icon on the altar, you will have value_of_the_items chances in 10K to improve your karma by one.

ok well to start off with whats the range of karma? would it be like the food lvl you have 45 or so points and when you do something "evil"/"bad" it goes down a point? how about some benifits for us healers like when we remote heal someone will we get some "good" karma points out of it?

The karma will act as a luck modifier, for a lot of things, such as manufacturing, chance to lose items when die, chance to hit, etc.

ok i dont think karma for pk'ing should effect manufacturing or alch... it should just protane it fighting imo.... also higher karma higher chance to make enriched ess?

Else evil players will just create a newb char and then attack everyone in KF just to piss them.

i think the bad karma should go to the person who attacks first not the one who kill... for the reson stated above

what about magic like "harm" and "poison" and "drain life"? i think they should play a part in this karma deal

and what about the non manu/fighters who want to up there karma lvl they have to go out and pay for armor/weapons to sacurfice or will there be eceptions like Essences or potions could be sacurifeced?

so indeed the karma system should differentiate between WHO you kill, a "good" or a "bad" guy

how about some ++ Karma for killing someone with "bad" karma?

there needs to be more options for geting "bad" karma beside fighting

---also how will you deal with the people who are training?---

The karma starts at 500, that's the default.

0 is the lower limit, 1000 is the upper limit.

For the time being I will provide only ways to INCREASE karma, then later on ways to decrease it.

i like the idea of a karma system, but the idea of it affecting my fail rates, and hit chances, tht just seems a little too far.

i mean, think, if some1 decides to get articifer perk, and a hugely positive karma, they cud make LOADS of efe's, ele's and flood the market, and become all rich and powerful, then reset and buy everything they need to lvl. people would do that, a LOT.

a better idea, wud be to let karma limit which npc's (not make it so u can't talk to any gen store, just ones in certain places) you can talk to, which quests you can undertake and maybe even certain places cud be karma based entry.... eg. secret caves, dungeons, you click to enter "sorry no goody two shoes allowed" or "go away you evil monster :-P"

^.^

simma, like I was saying, the whole karma system is just an idea, for the time being. It just affects the chances to drop items when you die, and it affects it slightly. All the karma related modifiers will be subtle, unless you have tons of positive karma, which is very hard to get. Negative karma will also have subtle modifiers, unless you do some really bad stuff.

The main problem with that idea, Daxon, is that overall doesn't always reflect fighting ability. A pure fighter who has done nothing but fight and has a/d 30/30, for instance, could easily PK a harvester/manu character with the same OA level, but with a/d 3/3.

Yes, the thing about lower levels attacking higher levels need to be accounted for.

Spock, you're overestimating the effect of karma - remember, Ent said that if you do a bad action (like kill someone 20 lvls lower), your karma only MIGHT drop. And then, only by 1 point. Presumably, only those consistent evil characters will be affected. And, in all cases, the Altar allows you to reverse the effects of your karma, so I don't see why it would be that big a deal... High level fighters would presumably have enough extra equipment to sacrifice anyway.

Ent, if you don't have any bad karma, would sacrificing at the Altar raise your POSITIVE karma by a point?

-Lyn-

Then instead of OA, it can take the attack, defense, physique, and coordination of both targets, average them, and use that as a level.

Problem solved.

Its hard to interpret bad and good karma in a game, cuz... its a computer doing it. Like Spock said (i think) what about event where its like "kill this guy to win"

You could simply set arena's as a non-karma effecting zone, thus players who wish to hold or participate in a contest or train against another player could go in and partake without worrying about the effect it will have on your karma... (but you'd have to worry about pkers who think the same thing) :rolleyes:.

Radu as far as the modifiers go, any hints as to wether or not there will be any positive fx for being a meany? Or will this be yet another attempt to caste everyone into a system which isn't supposed to exist?

~Forgotten

P.S.> Tommorrow :rolleyes:

@ent

i dont fight stuff ever, so i almost never die, and i want the karma system to affect me too =(=( =(

@simma

good/bad karma is for good/bad things happening to you, not being aloud to enter places =P

@ent

i dont fight stuff, ever so i almost never die, and i want the karma system to affect me too =(=( =(

@simma

good/bad karma is for good/bad things happening to you, not being aloud to enter places =P

What Mikeh said. I dont fight but i want meh karma!!!

Well, Karma's a decent idea, for those that need it...but all I can really say is I think Ent's been playing too much Fable :D