Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Altar Of Sacrifice

Here is an idea I came up with:

There will be an altar somewhere, where you can drop items in a bad. All the wearable items's cost (from that bag) will add together. When you click the use icon on the altar, you will have value_of_the_items chances in 10K to improve your karma by one.

When you will do some bad things (such as PKing someone that is 20 levels lower than you, or other things, your karma MIGHT drop by one.

The karma will act as a luck modifier, for a lot of things, such as manufacturing, chance to lose items when die, chance to hit, etc.

This way the game will become more itneresting, and there will be a way to get rid of the items surplus in the game. So what do you think?

u cant see fast ingame if the person is 20 lvls lower

and what about in a event like kill xxx win a serp then the guarders wil kill ppl and get -kar

yes! karma! over a year of waiting and it's finally here!

:is really happy

i like the Alter of Sacrifice idea too.. but why would it only be wearable items?

btw "Alter of Sacrifice" sounds like some kind of Creed song xD hehe

There will be an altar somewhere, where you can drop items in a bad. All the wearable items's cost (from that bag) will add together. When you click the use icon on the altar, you will have value_of_the_items chances in 10K to improve your karma by one.

When you will do some bad things (such as PKing someone that is 20 levels lower than you, or other things, your karma MIGHT drop by one.

The karma will act as a luck modifier, for a lot of things, such as manufacturing, chance to lose items when die, chance to hit, etc.

This way the game will become more itneresting, and there will be a way to get rid of the items surplus in the game. So what do you think?

chance to hit...I can see greater chance to mis-manu/lose items...but this is like a manufacturer dying from a needle...

Believe me, all my non-necessities will be sacrificed :D

ok, 20 levels of what? and how about ATTACKING people 20 lvls lower than you, not killing them. cuz there are some peeps like me who used to just go into kf, and attack some random guy for fun...

I am sorry ent but I HATE thsi idea. I mean people in kf that are 20s level lower may attack you, or they are bag stealers, that is just plain stupid to have peopel like that roaming around, i have lost plenty fo stuff to them. And now if i kill them i have to go to a altar of randomness? No, even though i got the best drops this game ahs ever seen tonight, i must disagree with the idea. or at least do not let there be negative karma.

I like the idea, it would give low lvl ppl a chance to go to PK maps more often without being killed by high lvl players with a serp.

But you should send the at/def info from all players from the server to the client where players can see if they can attack someone.

Maybe the nametag of killable people should be green, and only in PK area.

And the system should know who started a fight : if a lvl 3 a/d attacks a lvl 60/60 he will be killed, but it should not affect the karma of the high lvl one.

And, yes.. you should be more specific on what type of lvl you mean.

I suggest the attack lvl should not be higher than victim.defence+20.

You should not compare attack with attack or def with def.

What if a summoned creature does the killing? where in many respects it should reflect on the summoner, the summoner has no direct controll over it attacking.

ie my first fluffy saw ent and went "dinner" (a very short lived rabbit), but it could just as easily have pounced on a newbie.

Btw, 20 levels? eerrrmm... which one? Is it attack, defense, overall or both sum of attack and defense (by sum i mean add them together and check their differences)?

Eeerrrmm..... no chance in getting karma by killing bad people? If it can be achieved then it might be better to have the name reflects your karma. So black names are evil people, gray is neutral and white is good guy.

Maybe make bags has a tag also? But maybe only death bag. So if you loot someone's bag in like 3 minutes after it's dropped you will lose a few points of your karma. But if you kill someone n s/he dropped bag then it's your bag (same as killing monsters). As for the bags that you make on your own, it's your own responsibilities.

Ooo and also if the guy that's lower than 20 levels attack us, don't make us lose the karma. Else evil players will just create a newb char and then attack everyone in KF just to piss them.

Karma is a good thing for the game. It just needs improvements to it. Well at least that's what i think ^^

I like the idea, it would give low lvl ppl a chance to go to PK maps more often without being killed by high lvl players with a serp.

But you should send the at/def info from all players from the server to the client where players can see if they can attack someone.

Maybe the nametag of killable people should be green, and only in PK area.

And the system should know who started a fight : if a lvl 3 a/d attacks a lvl 60/60 he will be killed, but it should not affect the karma of the high lvl one.

And, yes.. you should be more specific on what type of lvl you mean.

I suggest the attack lvl should not be higher than victim.defence+20.

You should not compare attack with attack or def with def.

STUPID IDEA!!

Yuo have no idea how annoying it is when a person 4/4 jumps on your bag and takes your serp and stuff when you get back from dying. There is a reason we kill them, because they take our fooking stuff. Basically what your saying is that If some guy jumps my bag abd grabs my stuff, i then kill him and get a worse chance to make things etc?????? then i havve to pay this god 100,000 leahter armros to get it back just for soemthnig that stupid?

here's an idea have positive karma only and make yourself be able to lose positive karma, or make it so that there is nothing wrong with bad karma. really peopel if you don't wnana die STAY THE HELL OUT!!!!!!

To add on to it.. program it into the client where, depending on your OA, someone's OA appears to you in the colors: blue, green, white, orange, red.

Blue = 20+ levels below

Green = 6-19 levels below

White = 5 levels up or below you (basically, they're at your same level)

Orange = 6-19 levels above

Red = 20+ levels above

It'll prevent murdering your karma by accident and help you easily see how much stronger/weaker someone is to you (OA-wise).

*EDIT* Also, to create a locked backdoor to this (for exploiting it), make it so if the lower level purposely walks in KF to attack a higher level, the lower level is held accountable and the higher level kills in self defense. No Karma loss.

The main problem with that idea, Daxon, is that overall doesn't always reflect fighting ability. A pure fighter who has done nothing but fight and has a/d 30/30, for instance, could easily PK a harvester/manu character with the same OA level, but with a/d 3/3.

Yes, the thing about lower levels attacking higher levels need to be accounted for.

Spock, you're overestimating the effect of karma - remember, Ent said that if you do a bad action (like kill someone 20 lvls lower), your karma only MIGHT drop. And then, only by 1 point. Presumably, only those consistent evil characters will be affected. And, in all cases, the Altar allows you to reverse the effects of your karma, so I don't see why it would be that big a deal... High level fighters would presumably have enough extra equipment to sacrifice anyway.

Ent, if you don't have any bad karma, would sacrificing at the Altar raise your POSITIVE karma by a point?

-Lyn-

no no no, a n00b jsut wlaked in what's he do go straight for the bags!!!!!!!!!! they're like vultures. and what if i want to friendly fight my friend elise??? or train with a somebody with high p/c less level or something.

lyn i don't wanan waste all my moeny, because 50 n00bs coem in soem day and try and bag rape you of your stuff. It's obvious all you people who stay out of kf, know nothing abotu it and are all for it. Somehow you know what goes on in kf when your never here. I have said positive karma is good, aren't you happy, but pking is what peolp do, and it's like we get even more negative if this is our way to have fun. Ent ruins one person's fun at expense of the others.

Spickles, don't die then lol. Well eerrrmm..... you are the one in the first place that don't want to die but stay in KF to get killed. And then you are trying to get it back lol.

So if you are not strong enough to not get killed then stay away from pk map (that's what i do) ^^

lyn i don't wanan waste all my moeny, because 50 n00bs coem in soem day and try and bag rape you of your stuff. It's obvious all you people who stay out of kf, know nothing abotu it and are all for it. Somehow you know what goes on in kf when your never here. I have said positive karma is good, aren't you happy, but pking is what peolp do, and it's like we get even more negative if this is our way to have fun. Ent ruins one person's fun at expense of the others.

You can't get whatever u want all the time. Sometimes things needs to be balanced. So now with the karma system, you can have fun but with consequences ^^

Basically you can still kill newbs, but you are just gonna be evil hehe ^^

an I'll lose more stuff if i die, adn fail more when i alchemy? plus the crap abotu akrma is totally random, so i can be wasting 10k to get jsut 1 point of karma back when i have -150.

I like the idea of karma and the altar, but u should find some other ways of decreasing karma, not by killing lower level people. Some time ago we were talking about unicorns and the penalty u have to pay for killing such a beautiful creature. This would be a good example of how karma should decrease.

But to punish players for killing lower level, this is what would be evil. I don't understand why u should not be alowed to kill someone if he has 20 level less then u. I don't fight anything bad in killing such a person. In real life, if there is a war, u will kill every enemy u encounter. If u are a high ranking officer and kill a green recruit, no one will punish u. Actually, if u kill a lot of enemies, no matter their rank, u will be rewarded for bringing great services to the country.

Now think about this: sooner or later, a few players will reach again level 90+, maybe even more because of the new formulas. So they will only be allowed to kill players with level 70 or more. But there will not be more than 2-3 players with this levels in the same time on the server. And probably they will all be in the same guild. So what shall they do? Which is the reason to be so good in fighting, if u can't use ur skills? Sorry, but this is just stupid!

U want to find a way for newbies to survive in KF? But why should newbies go in KF? If they are newbies, then they should stay in non pk maps and increase their levels, until they are ready. I will soon make 1 year since i'm playing this game, at least a few hours every day, and i never stayed in KF more than 10 minutes. But i'm not complaining about it. I'm just thinking about the day when i will have high fighting stats and i'm training hard. I don't need some stupid rules to help me survive. I will do it all by myself.

Another thing: how would it be to make a rule like this - if u have level 40 alchemy, and u make fire essences (level 0), then u lose karma points, because there are more then 20 levels between. Same for the other skills. It would be very annoying. Why should fighters be limited in what they can do with their skill, but alchemist, potion makers etc not? It is just not right. After all, fighting is one of the hardest to level skill.

There are some people out there in the low 30's that have high phys/coord and that attack higher level players, they sometimes manage to kill people with 20 lvls higher. Would that be karma loss for the high lvl guy? Or will it stay the same because he was attacked and he didn't attack?

I don't really like this idea...but I'm not a pker so it wouldn't affect me much.