Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

No Trade From Same IP

Should we dissalow trade from the same IP?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should we dissalow trade from the same IP?

• Yes
    • No

The advantage is that it will prevent, or make cheating (such as muling, etc.) harder.

The dissadvantage is that it might prevent honest people from the same IP to trade.

So, what do you vote for?

damn, thats a hard one :huh:

still if one could get a general market kinda system up so that people could say put something up for sale and set a price and then if the sale goes thru would get a message saying so and could pick up the money later on. basicly a kind of ingame ebay :)

then the problem of disallowing same ip trade goes away compleatly...

What sadez said, and it would make keeping a store bot around easier.

Legal storebots would need to be able to trade with players from the same IP.

Maybe add something else to request from the client.

There are people that live in the same house, so have the same IP address.

Try the combination of IP with the network IP (192.*.*.*)

could you maybe make it so you can make it like so you type #ip_trade bob22 (or somthing) and then they cant trade with the same ip.

Maybe add something else to request from the client.

There are people that live in the same house, so have the same IP address.

Try the combination of IP with the network IP (192.*.*.*)

The client is open source, trying to add anything like that will be useless.

i dont understand why we should get rid of it i mean com on they worked to get it on the other file its not like its cheating or anyhthing

Well so people in LAN's are toasted. Also I am toasted because I can't store items in Linux, Learner

can't donate items to Help and Ants...bad idea. On Ultima having two chars from same IP is illegal

till you will not declare that you have LAN or family who are playing from same machine...

Regards.

I think the idea sux cause of 2 thing:

if u want to mule and cant trade... u drop... so still it wont stop muling

BUT

if i want to trade something with my brother i HAVE to drop it for him... dont try that in votd ;)

I think the idea sux cause of 2 thing:

if u want to mule and cant trade... u drop... so still it wont stop muling

BUT

if i want to trade something with my brother i HAVE to drop it for him... dont try that in votd ;)

Having a mule is illegal, thats one reason Entropy is looking at blocking trading from the same IP, but this would slow down mules and make them more noticeable to other players, and they would risk players/Ants taking their bags.

What sadez said, and it would make keeping a store bot around easier.

Legal storebots would need to be able to trade with players from the same IP.

That's what I meant. <_<

i dont understand why we should get rid of it i mean com on they worked to get it on the other file its not like its cheating or anyhthing

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104

According to rule number nine, it is.

I personally vote not to disallow trades from the same IP. I have a 7 year old son(The_King) who likes to play El also(he just basically likes to get one of everything he can find). He likes to chat with others sometimes, but he is only 7 so he types VERY SLOW, if he even notices a message for him. He is often on at the same time as myself(2 players from one shared DSL connection), and if I kill a garg or skellie and get something I don't want, if he is nearby I tell him to come over to me and I give it to him. I'm not muling or trying to cheat the game, but I would have to tell him to meet me in odd places to get items from me. Obviously this would be a slight inconvience for us, but we could work around this the same way the mulers would. maybe a little logic in the mule catching algorithm to catch large trades of items sucessively and then an automatic IP ban??? Set the limit at something like over 50-100 items in one trade, or maybe over 300 of an item in one hour?

Also, my brother(RYA_Shazzaam) and I sometimes play from my house, and sometimes he brings his 11 year old daughter(IndianPrincess) over here to play since he only has 1 'puter at his house, and sometimes IndianPrincess and The_King both play and trade items. I would hate to see it ruined for the ones that are doing things legally, but if it's for the good of the EL community, we will deal with it. I just fear the mules will find ways around the rules again.

There... I've said my .02...

Telgar

From past experience (before banks), there is one noticable trend in muleing from one account to another. I would often wait until I had a very large number of things to trade before calling up my mule (having two clients opened at the same time was hell on my lil' pc). Therefore, logging all trades from two IPs wouldn't really be necissary, logging trades of over x amount of items like Telgar mentioned or trades between two IPs with one character trading something valuable or many items for nothing in return would make more sense to me.

But then again, Radu, you do tend to like to do things the hardway ;)

(Also, this would not prevent the dropping of bags, but I'm sure there is a way to keep two characters from the same IP from interacting with the same bag that would only annoy a few LAN bag snatchers . . .)

~Forgotten

Bad idea. I sometimes play on my PC and my brother plays on the family PC I don't know if they are the same IP, but yeah, we trade items sometimes.

I think one person opening two clients and trading is ok to a point, like if you have two characters and you actually WORKED to get both characters items etc.

BTW: I realized my brother created like 3 extra characters on my IP and i tried #kill me yes numerous times and couldn't delete the characters ... any help? (plz don't delete all of my characters, just tell me how i can get rid of the extra characters)

Oh, and I think I have like 5 characters on my IP (mine, my brothers, my cousin plays now and the other two/three my brother made for some reason or another)

BTW: I realized my brother created like 3 extra characters on my IP and i tried #kill me yes numerous times and couldn't delete the characters ... any help? (plz don't delete all of my characters, just tell me how i can get rid of the extra characters)

#kill_me yes i beleive is wat it is to delete them.

#killme yes

Thanks! I hate having more characters than needed! It makes me look like one of those scammers .... WHICH IM NOT!!! :D