Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frei

"economy"...

Duh I am rather helping her. Hmz...I think I am too NoobieHelpful...too much playing this game.

I should be happy that she is killing herself leveling on moon medallions. That way she could be out of

cash at level 30 of crafting, it is a competition isn't it? There are not so many jewellers in game. ;-)

Regards.

Duh I am rather helping her. Hmz...I think I am too NoobieHelpful...too much playing this game.

I should be happy that she is killing herself leveling on moon medallions. That way she could be out of

cash at level 30 of crafting, it is a competition isn't it? There are not so many jewellers in game. ;-)

Regards.

Sorry, I do not think you got my point. I stated clearly that my objective was NOT money, i was NOT thinking how to enrich myself like you did, otherwise I would have taken other avenues. Trust me, I will not run out of cash, lol. That is funny but has nothing to do with this thread....

I was merely trying to help YOU and others that sell those items. Sorry if that came across wrong. I said it before and will say it again, I do NOT care about pixel cash, but will always be able to accomplish whatever goals I set myself. And trust me, I will not set as my goal to get a high crafting level. Why? There is NO point in it whatsoever. I can make all things fine at 27. Yea, I loose some ingredients here and there, but not too many. I don't care if I need 1 or 2 tries to make an item when the ingredients are that easy to get. So what's the point of leveling further? 'Wow loooooook at me go I am 41 crafting I fail 0.28% less then you!' .. Sorry that doesn't cut it for me. From here on out, the only stats that would actually matter to me to level to a very high extend are combat stats ... unless new craftable/manufacturable items come out that have HIGH requirements.

The point of this thread was that this game has no use for FINISHED products such as Medallions and Titanium armor, if they are mass produced by players. It really was not meant to see who can get a higher level, or how many sapphires you have or how much gold I have.

By the way, I am neither a girl nor a kid. I don't know where you pull your assumptions from.

Classic market Jesus, that kind makes better cash that merchants who are actually working for that

what they have instead of manipulating people. This is a game. Game is about to have fun, take

challenges, no challenge = no fun. No one will play a game where you can do everything, can make

everything and get everything. Some people are fighters, others are summoners, alchemists and some

are merchants. Merchant is a person who makes money, know the market and marketing strategy,

makes allies who are helping each other. This is the point of the game, you are wasting this point.

Now jewellers will have no cash to level up crafting unless they will take care about something else, you

don't care - you made 400 moon medallions and you want to sell it, nothing else matters for you.

Regards.

Oh my... Why do you need to be so capitalists? Why accumulate large ammounts of money? just because it looks nicely in your storage? follow me:

if prices are low, you buy things cheap, right?

if you buy things cheap, you dont spend much money, right?

if you dont spend much money, you DON'T NEED much money, right?

so, why accumulating gold coins?

you capitalists.... <_<

:) :) :lol:

it's so much RL here... lotsa people having no idea about economy

but speaking about 'how to improve the economy and save the nation' = POLITICIANS :P

teh banned 0n3na join a party and get to Parliment ASAP :) You'll hack out Lepper and his "Balcerowicz musi odejść!" with "(..)Classic market Jesus(...)"

You are a Lepper. Your Leeperism is shining like a summer sun. ;D

It is RPG, we are role playing here for god sake. I am RPing a merchant so I am a capitalist huh?

And guy who is roleplaying a fighter is probably cruel bloody beast? I never have large amount of

money in storage. I am helping my friends and giving money away, hosting contests and other stuff.

I am also all rounder so I need money, what is wrong with this huh?

If people likes having stuff for free what they are doing here? This is a game, we are playing here.

I have my friends here and I prefer having resources to help them. I prefer having resources to level up.

Also it is fun if you can use your knowledge about the economy in the game.

Regards.

:P :lol: :lol: :lol:

capitalist is someone who invest his money not keep it in the bank :lol:

and no teh banned 0n3na, You are more Dyzma here -> someone who 'takes care' of his friends :)

I am a capitalist. A little. You know it is better in your life to eat a cake than eat smeg.

In EL it is better to have serp than have iron sword. :)

Dyzma wasn't using any knowledge he was set up.

Regards.

oh come off it teh banned 0n3na. so someone have a easyer time makeing stuff then you do. happens to me a lot and do i complain?

She needs to lose the chip on her shoulder.

everybody stop complaining...has complaining ever solved anything? even if it has it wont help in el

ps arent all el players capitalists i mean there is no bank...

well there should´ve been higher fail rates and higher recommended lvls right from the start...OR the old system, not the recommended level crap, but you actually need the level for it. That system rocked, back then you really had to level up for high level items and since you did the work, you would be repaid with making many expensive items which you could sell for good cash.

So maybe another item wipe is needed and the implementation of the old system for lvls again...although that will get a lot of bitching again. But hey, it's a beta, time to perfect it I say...

People are asking me very offten how do I level so fast and how do I made that alot money.

So I am answering:

1. I have a manual.

2. I have a calculator.

Anyway some people thinks that summoning chimera is special power given by Entropy to moderators

so this kind will always scream and flame.

If Frei feels so insulted because I am giving her good advices which could make her more happy and

not ruing our player based economy...well. I will shut up now. ;-)

Regards.

well there should´ve been higher fail rates and higher recommended lvls right from the start...OR the old system, not the recommended level crap, but you actually need the level for it. That system rocked, back then you really had to level up for high level items and since you did the work, you would be repaid with making many expensive items which you could sell for good cash.

So maybe another item wipe is needed and the implementation of the old system for lvls again...although that will get a lot of bitching again. But hey, it's a beta, time to perfect it I say...

enough people quit already, are you tryign to force more away? Yes, if there is a nother reset i am leaving, why would i waste another 1000 hours of my life, only to see ent delete it on a bi-weekly basis, when i can go to a different palce where i am rewarded after 1000 hours?

well...I'm not too fond of the idea either, but if we want a better economy thats one of the things that has too happen. first of all a new system is needed since right now things are bad. Afterwards it's all up to Ent, he decides to wipe or not.

Btw, why leave for something small like that? It's a game, not your life.

Guest Wizao

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb and walk into the middle of this. I've only been playing a few days, so take this with a grain of newbie salt, but here goes:

I'd be interested to see a system where people have a "trade" skill. In this system, prices are set by the game. Every tme a person buys or sells something, the set cost of the item is taken, then modified up or down depending on the seller and buyer's respective trade skills. There would be a maximum and mimum variance on the cost (cost of materials to maybe twice the set cost).

In this way, an experienced seller would be able to get a great price of a newbie buyer. An experienced buyer would haggle a newbie seller down to little over cost. Two players who are both experienced will get an average price.

Also, to make this system dynamic, perhaps the "set cost" could vary. If everytime a certain commodity is traded, the system noticed if it was sold above or below the set price. If below, the set price decreases slightly. If above, the set price goes up slightly.

Perhaps NPC's would be exempt from this, or maybe they would have a particularly high trade skill (equal to highest player?). Although maybe NPC sales shouldnt adjust the set price. So over time as you repeatedly sell your flowers to the NPC, you will gradually get a better price.

Of course, there would still have to be a "give this item to some-one for free" method, for use with friends and clan members. And people could also do a "give item for free, happen to receive cash gift" method as well, if they wanted to make a special exception for some-one... although this leaves such an easy out, people will probably just always use the give-to-friend method rather then the trader method. Especially when just trying to move stuff.

Well, I guess the idea isnt perfect, or even much good. But maybe some-one else can develop it a little further.

lol some one suggest something similar. people use bags to do tradeing then so it would not work like think it would and suppose be in suggest forum not general forum

wow...i tried to read thru every post...gee, why do some ppl not try to understand what others say ?

frei has definitely a valid point here and that has nothing to do with him selling anything "too" cheap ingame.

there must be way to get high lvl items out of the game again, not everybody will be sitting on a bag of tit longs until it poofs just to keep the prices up.

npcs bying all manufacured (crafted, whatever) would indeed help the economy.

there are ways to control inflation.

i suggested this on the old old server already, why not have (and this is just an example) the blacksmiths buy and sell all manu'able items at dynamic prices...

for example, 50 highlvl manu'ers selling tit longs -> buying price goes down to a set minimum , mebbe 2k gold (again, just an example) buying price would then be mebbe 3k. then 100 new fighters reach a lvl where they wanna have this weapon and the npcs sell more than they buy (or more than x% of what they buy) and the price goes up again.

if the general gold amount rises too quickly check the logs and lower the minimum prices for the top sellers (could even be automated).

if you want no millionaires make items bear a "made by name" flag and make npcs reject high lvl items of the same make after reaching a certain items/time ratio.

this would also give ent a possibility to control the economy at a later time w/o having to piss ppl off by resetting...

*puts enchanted tit chain "made by frak" on with magically enhanced flame protection* :P

oh and btw, did you pay anything for this game spock?

Duran, unlike you i have put a lot of time in this game, i don't just have levels under 30. and i probably would have spent some cash for it

in that case i brand you gameaholic ;)

to me its only a game, i dont take it so serious that i sound like im going to kill someone if they mess with it...

Guest just me

You will NEVER ON EARTH sell 400 moon medallions even for 500 gc each. NOT POSSIBLE.

But...I've sold 1000 disengagement rings in two days, every time I will fill Linux with these rings it is

dissapearing very fast. When Linux was turned off due to bug I had to turn her on all the time because

people were asking to buy rings.

Conclussion:

- You smeged up your leveling

- 2 groups of players hates you

- You wasted ALOT of money.

- You dumped another sector of market, one of few which was doing preety well.

- Calculator & EL Encyclopedia are useful things.

plat u forgot the most important piece of the econ its having linux doing all your selling for u its hard to sell against bots when linux online selling and the other crafters are sound asleep or are we too assume that we need to be on 24 7 to sell our goods to u oops linux so you can make more money and did you make all those ring your self to sell over a 2 day period im sorry but i hate competing against bots u dont have to spend time to sell your wares u have bot to do the selling it tends to ruin the game for us crafters trying to get ahead in the game :)

So learn to program and make ur own bot :ph34r: then u, too, could have a bot that sells things for you whilst u sleep :ph34r:

ciao

No this is NOT a flame of plat or ne1 else who has a bot..if u know how to do something like make a bot u should be allowed to do it as long as it doesnt disrupt the game balance, and bots are a good thing IMO