Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZadrraS

Can't Connect.

Absolutely bizarre.....

What does it say when you try to telnet?

Cant connect?

Connection refused?

Paste the EXACT message it returns please :ph34r:

Connecting To eternal-lands.solexine.fr...Could not open connection to the host,

on port 2000: Connect failed

I started getting the same problem this morning..

I can telnet and ping the IP, but not the URL, and I can't see the players online page.

I have windows XP with Service pack 1 and 2 on this computer. I have the same problem on both my other computers, one running windows 98, the other running windows ME.

I tried everything suggested in the thread on this computer, nothing is working...

the message I get with the URL in el.ini as the server host is:

Can't resolve server address.
Perhaps you are not connected to the Internet or your DNS server is down!
[Press Alt+x to quit]

for the IP address it just says it can't connect.

edit: I must have typed the IP address wrong, I tried putting it in the .ini again and I can connect... I'll just go away now. :X

Guest Guest

Yeah, i was 100% sure, i tried it about 10 times before. But just now it started working :D , i still don't understand what the hell is happening and will it stop working like before.

OUCH!

Really annoying, any error messages?

Are you still connected to the net after this happens?

I suggest playing without the firewall (disable it) and see if and when it disconnects you, if there are any error messages.

Make sure you havent any trojans etc...

Guest Guest

I get the same error message as before: "Can't connect to server :D"

Yes, i were connected to the net after that, i havent lost my connection for a month now (when i do i just call the provider and they fix it)

I see that the game seems to work in the morning, the last time i tried it it was 7 in the morning, just before school, when i got back it stopped working, and now, it stopped working at about 1.30 o'clock (day).

Im almost sure that i havent got any viruses, i also use ad-aware so there shouldn't be any other nasty stuff either. And i reinstalled windows a week ago, so windows shouldn't be too messy.

I cant for the life of me think what could be wrong.Not using windows (Linux rocks! :D) means i've forgotten a lot of things.

One thing maybe that your provider could be doing something? Unlikely, but they could be blocking the address?

Who are you with?

No i dont, US?

You might want to try contacting them and asking if they block access to that url. But i honestly dont think its their problem, probably more to do with your pc...

Damn Service Pack 2! :)

Guest Guest

Not US, Lithuania. I bet you don't know wheres that too :)

I could install linux and try it, but my internet connection won't work the, linux doesn't support my integrated lan card (at least the ones i tried)

err....im not stupid or a child, i know where lituania is :):P:)

As for installing Linux, good idea, but its a bit drastic for fixing this.

When playing and you get disconnected, what happens? Any messages.

My ideas are running thin :)

Guest Guest

"You disconnected" or something like that, the same message should appear when you get disconnected when game gets extremely laggy.

And where are you from, ive never met anyone not from europe that would know anything about lithuania.

This is totaly bizarre.

Im from the UK, so im in Europe and i have heard of Lithuania, but i dont really know anything about it :):P

Are you on DSL or Dial-Up?

Guest Guest

Nope, couldn't find a reason why it wasn't working. But i play it anyway. Most of the time i can play an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening (before i go to school and before i go to sleep) It starts working 11 in the evening and until 1 in day. (Cant remmember now which is PM or AM). Great game! :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this