Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Capa Banned

Capa has been banned for macro harvesting and possible macro alchemy & storage as well. It was as smart system, not just a canned macro, probably hacked client with the symptoms seen when he was blocked and later unblocked.

Entropy, I suggest a MAJOR wipe since this wasn't just minor autoclick/macro issue an lookint his stats, harv & alch is the only thing he's been doing. Additional note, he's been coming in from a WIDE range of IP addresses!

Well I suggest decrease his alch and harvest exp to 0, wipe storage and close in Vermor's dungeon with ogre for two weeks. ;-)

Regards.

Guest capa

hmm

i'm not really sure what happened, capa is my char but i was letting my bro play on him while i was out with my friends

i've asked my bro wut he was doing and he said that he was only harving silver ores. i know that he was also playing capa every now and then from school computers; hence, the different ip's

whatever he did wrong, i apologize and will accept all consequences for his actions. I will talk with him later and i honestly hope the ban will be lifted and my char intact.

I a tired and sick of my brother, cousing, mother, child, etc. excuse. People should, once and for all, accept the responsibility for their actions. It's not like we are some mercyless nazies that go and kill people for that.

The best solution is not giving your password to anyone. Even brother. If he wants to play he should

have his own char. I am sick when PMing someone, especially player with priviledges and getting answer

that he don't know what is going on because it is X's char and he is only "reading his book" dangit.

Entropy: I think in most cases it is not only the excuse it happens offten to me.

For example some person killed me on PK, he has a char of player who I like so I felt quite safe there.

After he killed me he was swearing me via PM etc. Also told me that he is on his brother's chat and PK'd

me because I've muted him on market channel (! ;D), two hours later his brother was apologizing me.

Anyway if his brother would swear Learner that way he surely would get banned.

So borrowing chars is simply stupid.

Regards.

Let me see if I understand this...you banned capa because he's online (character is a he) too much to be a normal player? Because between the owner and her brother they have capa on a lot? Right! I can tell you I know the owner of this character and she has spent better parts of her days on this game. There were a lot of times i'd come on in the morning and she'd be on, and when I went to bed at night she'd still be on. Capa is a harvest/alch character, always has been since his creation. I have another character (not been on for some time) that is strictly a harvester. You gonna ban that guy for only harvesting? You gonna ban other people who spend (probably) too much time on el?? Talk to the owner, mild suggestion.

Not banned for being harvest and alch only, that was just something pointing to this being more then a single incident.

The ban is for suspected harvesting and storage under a macro/hacked client/bot program. The alchemy was a possibility, but the logs show that all of the silver ore at the time was only going into storage. The actions observed were highly suspicious and hard to explain even if someones brother was playing the character and not answering PM's.

As to whether or not the ban stays in effect or what happens is up to Entropy. Just because someone is banned, doesn't mean that the ban wont be lifted.

I a tired and sick of my brother, cousing, mother, child, etc. excuse. People should, once and for all, accept the responsibility for their actions. It's not like we are some mercyless nazies that go and kill people for that.

Yes! It's about time you got mad over that. How hard is it to say "Yeah, I did it. Please unban me"? Instead of making up a story "Oh my brother/sister/friend/dog hacked/has/aquired through the black market my password and was playing as my character and blocked a bridge/macroed/spammed! I will punish them! Unban me pleasE!!!!"

Like Ent said, the EL staff aren't merciless nazis who will torch your house and place you in a concentration camp for admitting to a wrong (okay, I added some stuff in)! So just fess up and admit you did something wrong and ask to be forgiven (without quadruple posting!!!!)

I admit it, I'm not a computer genius. But could you please explain (in laymen's terms) what you mean exactly? For those of us who don't program computers as a hobby. Cause to me it sounds like you are saying because he harvested the silver and put it into storage you suspected bot, whatever. Thanks

Also: How was this ONE character brought to your attention? I would like to know, being a Rivan, a good dear friend, AND one of my adopted children online.

Ent: I have spoken with the owner, and I would believe her over any one else in this game. She swears neither her nor her brother used a bot or program. With 23 alch and 43 harvest i find it difficult for anyone to think someone was using a program. I am holding back on what i really want to say here, but you are a smart guy, i'm sure you look at the character's stats, when it was created and figure out this is wrong, PERIOD.

Learner what exacly was it capa did that was wrong or made you belive that he was using a program to do this?

because if i do believe i was able to raise my alch lvl in the process of 2 days and a night from 0 to 40.... with out macro*

cuz from what i see your saying.... capa stored to much ore so you think he was macroing or using a bot.... i have stored up to 10k tit ore before w/ help from one friend who bag sat so i could run most of that went into tit bars or to guild mates of mine

i see no proof that capa was doing anything illiage but please correct me if i am wrong-- i have seen capa in game and when ever i say hi he "hi's" me back even when harvesting

I analyzed the logs myself, and they are difinetely suspicious. We are talking about 24/7 here, and the same quantities are deposited and withdrawn, over and over, at relatively regular intervals. It is very hard for me to believe this was the work of a human. Remember guys, now we log more stuff, and it is MUCH easier to get offenders.

If you really want, I can post the relevant parts of the log.

Ent you must not know capa's owner very well lol. I have harvested ores, coals, etc myself all day long, and when i do i deposit the same amount he time i go to storage. Does that mean i'm using a bot, etc? No, just means i have a lot of spare time to harvest. As does capa's owner. The stats speak for themselves here. If this was a bot, etc don't you think it would have a heck of a lot higher stats?

The ban is for suspected harvesting and storage under a macro/hacked client/bot program. The alchemy was a possibility, but the logs show that all of the silver ore at the time was only going into storage. The actions observed were highly suspicious and hard to explain even if someones brother was playing the character and not answering PM's.

U cant ban some1 if u suspecting that he/she cheating, its crazy. U should ban some1 only but ONLY if u r sure that some1 cheating... U made a mistake cuz u love to ban, u cant wait, u could wait and see and get some more evidence if he/she cheating and only when u r sure then u should ban ppl.

Ok, let me post the logs:

log

[edit]

As you can see, unless this person spends 18+ hours in the game, sleeping less than 6 hours, then she macroed.

[edit 2] fixed the link

If you really want, I can post the relevant parts of the log.

Please if you would I think it might help clear the matter up a little and if possible the #abuse reports learner?

ermm that link "log" goes to http://www.microsoft.com/

Bad link ent, can't get the page to display. 18 hours a day? yep that sounds about right. When i played el, I play for about 14-15 a day (in the beginning anyway). Is that what you're going on? That this PERSON played 18 hours a day?

Edit: read the log...capa deposited similar amts a few times, but not every time.

U cant ban some1 if u suspecting that he/she cheating, its crazy. U should ban some1 only but ONLY if u r sure that some1 cheating... U made a mistake cuz u love to ban, u cant wait, u could wait and see and get some more evidence if he/she cheating and only when u r sure then u should ban ppl.

Yes we can, and Entropy has actually encouraged me in several situations to be willing to ban someone just for a day or to so that they will behave.

A permament ban or I leave up to Entropy. But when macroing is strongly suspected, one reason for banning is so that illicit goods can't be removed or changes to the player until Entropy has a chance to look a tthings. I'm sure that removing exp is harder now for Entropy because of the PP's system and freezing the account with a ban helps make it easier for him.

Mod's have nothing like suspending between just booting from the game, or banning them. So a ban has to be used in that case and only a limited number of mod's can ban.

Guest capa

ent, i do usually play nonstop starting fri night, cuz i can't play much during school days. sunday night is when i actually sleep (at like 2-3am for me to get ready for school the next day) i try to get everything i need to harved over the weekend

Ok, since a lot of people spoke highly of you, I unbanned you (you will be able to log back in 20 minutes). But we will keep an eye on you for a while.

It was wise decission to ban capa.

It was SO obvious he was macroing, i am one of witnesses. he kept coming to silver ore and sitting always in exactly the same place. when we talked to him, he wasn't responding. when we blocked the path to his spot he walked back and forward (always same way) - obviously there were no human supervision over this character.

Queenjenny, i know it hurts alot when someone u trust lies to you, but at least 5 ppl eyewitnessed it. I tried to PM Riva leaders before notifying mods, but they were not on-line. I regret that none of you, his guildmates haven't seen what we have.

I strongly recommend large cut on harv xp if he's supposed to be unban

Guest Guest
a wise decision.

Rather emotional and kind than wise.As we can see from his log capa was playing for the amazing consequtive amount of 48 hours only with 2 of 5 hour periods breaking of not using the storage and that doesnt mean that he wasnt online anyway.Even if capa has overwhelming supernatural powers that defies sleep,tireness,hunger and other real life conditions, i doubt they are many parents that will allow their beloved kids be in front of a pc for such a long period.

i was letting my bro play on him while i was out with my friends

Anyone that gives/lends his pass or character(for 48 hours of consequtive play :P ) deserves what he gets and if stupidity was an offence they should have been banned immediately.Now in the cases where it is just an excuse, i am tired of this total lack of imagination,using the same and same my brother,son,uncle ,dad,cat,butler,mother-in-law, but not ME excuse.How about: i was and still am under the influence of narcotic substances,someone forced me do it at gun point or (quoting fred penner)"i am Mario Valenti",well anything else than this bubblegum of excuse.

I suggest adding in the rules section, that breaking the rules even if it wasnt you personally operating your character at that time,its the same serious as if it had been you and it will conclude to the same punishement.