Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New Map Editor!

Lol DAP msg blames YOUR end  ;)  :)

anyway does this client supports maps with up to 15k 3d objects and extended number of particle sets per map ? If so send it here please (i'll PM my e-mail ^_^)

DAP? I don't think freewebs allows Download Accelerators...I'll check client source, but I'm fairly sure it must have the described features.

Edit- It does.

Edited by crusadingknight

heh don't bother - already turned off DAP and got it - now trying if it covers what i asked about :)

EDIT

YES it does !!!!!!!1 Superb thanks crusadingknight :D

wanna see a pic of shrine full odf candles ? ;)

(I used old? ->from Sadez, the one that's uploaded on geoc dll and it works fine

Re-Edited

lol ok too early to cheer... the max number of particle set on map gotta go up by 50-100 to get all elements visible :( but it's a start :) !

Edited by Quell

Just remember, you need the above DLL ;)

And as for the tennis...it's more like pingpong :)

that what i was originally gonna put but i felt i should put this,uuuuuuuuh what dll?*sees no url*

Erm, 1 sec on the .dll...

And the link works fine. It must be on your end :huh:

Edit: The Dll-

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/libxml2.zip

That dll...the one you had the problem with.

Erm...

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/zlib.zip

it doesn't even open now it just gives me the send error report message :huh:

error.jpg

Edited by Buuhan1

it doesn't even open now it just gives me the send error report message :(

error.jpg

you overwrote the other libxml2, right?

Hrm...the dll crashed? :huh: ...I'd better check on the cvs of that.

Yeah...if that doesn't work, chances are you'll have to wait for the next update. :huh:

Think I've solved it...try redownloading the el.zip I posted before, overwrite everything.

(The iconv.dll dependency seems to have been bugged...so there's one in the to fix it.)

EEeeek! Quell, that client is 25 days old! ...I fixed up his EL.zip and posted it on my site (not quite current cvs, it's actually a development release...but It's stable enough, and has the features.)

Quell, maybe put this on your site?

(Somehow, it just redirects to EL site, so you'll have to copy and paste the address into the URL bar).

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/EL.zip

ooooooooooh this one

it still automaticly crashes

Edited by Buuhan1

updated the http://www.geocities.com/quelschanak with what crusadingknight compiled and it works here fine. Big thanks crusadingknight !

Files that are uploaded are ALL that are different or new from the last official client release (i have on my computer here).

So by downloading a client from official site and things that I uploaded, You'll have exactly the same set of tools I use now (and they work.); just remember not to overwrite everything but update.

when succeeded You should have:

*working map editor (mapedit.exe) that supports particles (increased number of sets per map) & increased number of 3d objects per map (to 15k)

*client (EL.exe) that supports maps made by above mentioned editor (those already ingame too, naturally ;) )

*particle sets (not really smth useful but things that I play with at the moment) in folder

*isle prima map with fire, smoke, water particle sets placed

i still have trouble and here you Q is saying don't overwright and cknight is saying overwright

YES i got it im sooo happy ^^ thanks alot you two,i owe ya

it says it can't find the"GL_*_point_sprite so not using it..."but i can still play the game so i guess its all good

Edited by Buuhan1

I got everything working right...except there are no buttons on the mapeditor :(

The new client and IP map are awesome. Great work guys.

I have the new buttons.bmp in the textures folder, I even tried putting it in the main EL folder. But the new map editor shows no buttons.

Please help :D

Thanks

Well I've been playing with the editor and have found the following things wrong

(So maybe it will help in finding what my problem is)

1. No buttons

2. Pressing M shows only the red dots in blackness...no tiles

3. I still am capped at 6k (2d objects). So apparently the 15k limit isn't working.

4. I can't pick up existing 2do's

I will edit this if I find more.

Hope this helps you help me :D

Thanks.

Edited by Ravenod

ad1. if you mean map editor then copy textures (buttons.bmp is among them) from textures folder - that is uploaded with map editor - to your TEXTURES folder in GAME folder on your pc

- BTW do you mean absolutely NO buttons at all ??! <_< If so I have no idea what's the cause (points in Sadez and crusadingknight's general direction)

ad.2 well, actually here it shows only tiles no red dots but yes minimap view has some glitches

ad.3 who said smth about 2d ? 3d count is increased to 15k

ad.4 errrm are you sure :D ?

GENERAL NOTICE be sure to use the mapedit.exe that was uploaded (i.e. if you use shortcuts and old version of map editor wasn't named mapedit.exe and wasn't deleted you'll end up using old version despite the fact that you have new one in your game folder) :D

1. I've put buttons.bmp in the textures folder. I've put buttons.bmp in the main EL folder. I even put the textures folder from the zip into the game textures folder :P Still no buttons.

2. oky doky :P

3. Oops :( Oh well

4. Yes I'm very sure. I try to grab an existing 2do and it does nothing. I place a 2do (in the map editor) and then try to pick it back up...does nothing. The 2d object count is well below 6k.

Thanks.

edit : Also noticed that no menus (cntrlB or cntrlP) have the typical transparent brown background. In fact the particle window has no words or buttons.

Edited by Ravenod