Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New Map Editor!

I have a question: What are the requirements for having a test map accepted. I submitted one ages ago, but never got any response. Lost motivation and quit working with it after that. I have some great ideas, but don't have a clue what you are looking for. Or how to get responses from my work. I respond better when i'm given an objective, then find ways to improve upon it.

~just kinda curious...and bored here at school

I have a question: What are the requirements for having a test map accepted. I submitted one ages ago, but never got any response. Lost motivation and quit working with it after that. I have some great ideas, but don't have a clue what you are looking for. Or how to get responses from my work. I respond better when i'm given an objective, then find ways to improve upon it.

~just kinda curious...and bored here at school

Either moonshadow/roja have looked at your test map..did'nt like it or they have'nt got around to it. Try contacting moonshadow.

Did...didn't really get an answer. I'll just assume they didn't like it, i guess. :P

Then i have a suggestion: Make the map submission/response a little more efficient. Maybe even have a thread upon which we could communicate and touch base with those who accept/decline maps. :)

things not mentioned in manual :

CTRL+P

CTRL+Z

O

CTRL+B

CTRL+R

hmmm. i think that's it :)

Qeull do you think you can explain what all these do. Possibly tell of any other little tricks you may know. Would really help and thanks. :P

CTRL+P: Particle editor to modify particle systems.

CTRL+Z: Undo for the last deleted object.

CTRL+B: Browser of 3d objects.

CTRL+R: Replace window.

Another new thing is rightclick+shift on particle icon to hide the particle boxes.

Is the map editor being updated to the download in the start of this post? If so it would be nice to know when an updated one has been added :P

[EDIT]

Just looked at the download date. I think there should be somewhere to get it :)

Edited by Gnome

i have some problems,i downloaded all the files off of that geocitie site,even the button url for photobucket and replaced it in the textures but the button still don't show in map editor and now the EL.exe file i downloaded with the particles is screwy

You replaced the whole folder instead just copying extra textures from the uploaded folder. (copy paste these new things to the folder of the same name that they are BUT located in your game directory)

im lost,could you give me a walkthrough?

well like i showed thats why the game now looks like and i still don't have the fire on ip and i downloaded everything

Edited by Buuhan1

You replaced the whole folder instead just copying extra textures from the uploaded folder. (copy paste these new things to the folder of the same name that they are BUT located in your game directory)

Read the programming forum before making conclusions such as this. ;)

It's a problem with Intel Graphics boards; I ran through and fixed it quite a while back, and it's been committed to CVS for a while...

How you had it for the screenshot was probably correct, you just need the current CVS. What OS do you use?

EEeeek! Quell, that client is 25 days old! ...I fixed up his EL.zip and posted it on my site (not quite current cvs, it's actually a development release...but It's stable enough, and has the features.)

Quell, maybe put this on your site?

(Somehow, it just redirects to EL site, so you'll have to copy and paste the address into the URL bar).

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/EL.zip

Edited by crusadingknight

"The procedure entry point UTF8Toisolat1 could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll."

Erm, 1 sec on the .dll...

And the link works fine. It must be on your end ;)

Edit: The Dll-

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/libxml2.zip

Edited by crusadingknight

Lol DAP msg blames YOUR end ;):)

anyway does this client supports maps with up to 15k 3d objects and extended number of particle sets per map ? If so send it here please (i'll PM my e-mail ^_^)