Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Fighting Styles..?

This idea would take some time to implement, but it may be a good addition..

Hows'abouts' adding different fighting styles into EL combat? these styles would be decided upon by the creators and head storywriters, and they'd be styles that are unique to EL (so nothing like kung fu etc).. the fighting styles would be researchable, probably rare drops, and different styles would give you different advantages.

Example: (not real.. JUST EXAMPLE!!!)

Frukas Style:

Research required- Fighting, Advanced Fighting, Frukas

Advantage(s) given- Extra 10 damage to each critical hit

Disadvantages- NONE@!!!1~!@ bwahaha

Research Time- 4000 min.

Drop- 1 in 9mil in each Tumaros kill...?

etc etc etc

^JUST A FRIGGIN EXAMPLE DAMMIT

good idea? bad idea? stop suggesting stupid crap 007?

**!@#$@#$ EdIt $#@$#@!**

about the "These would be decided on by creators&storywriters"- this would be because:

1. creators r in teh charge

2. storywriters could incorporate these styles into EL's history

Hmm...let me see:

Elven Windflow Attack:

Research required: Biology, Anatomy, Combat Tactics, Special Combat Tactics, Elven Windflow

Materials Required: Uses up 1 Air Essence per special attack

Skill and Attribute required: Attack lvl 20, Perception lvl 6, Dexterity lvl 10

Description: The great Elven House of Lotharix, all renowned warrior-mages, developed this special melee attack, capitalising on the elven strengths of speed, dexterity, and sensitivity to nature. It involves a large number of highly-skillful feints, which have the hidden side-effect of creating a small air-vacuum around the enemy. When the flow of the attack suddenly pauses, fierce winds rush in from all sides to fill the gap and temporarily immobilise the enemy, allowing for an easy stab through the heart.

Effect: Decreased accuracy, Critical damage x3.

Dwarven Dustcloud Defense:

Research required: Biology, Anatomy, Combat Tactics, Special Combat Tactics, Dwarven Dustcloud

Materials Required: 1 Earth Essence, 1 Air Essence

Skill and Attribute required: Defence lvl 20, Inorganic Nexus 4, Toughness lvl 10

Description: The dwarven miners, in the battle against the female orcs in Mynadar, discovered this defensive tactic. Using their superior knowledge of geology, and their ability to endure harsh conditions, they create a dust cloud around themselves, using a particularly foul mixture of irritant gases and minerals. This causes their enemy to become blinded and distracted if attempting to attack them, and while allowing the dwarf to go on unimpeded.

Effect: Increased defense, enemy accuracy decreases.

Something like that, you mean? ;) (I'd prefer to see them as quest rewards, though, rather than just another rare drop)

-Lyn-

Interesting... anything that makes fighting more complex is, so u need some experience to be good and not all depends on skills+attribs.

This reminds me on that card game that all teh nerds used to play a while ago, what was it called..

Sleeping Dragon Technique!

rum5.gif

Mirror Swan Palm!

rum7.jpg

Fist of the West Side!

rum8.jpg

Drunken Temple Boxing!

rum10.jpg

Lion Claw Technique!

rum11.jpg

i had always wanted to do fighting styles..but with the md2's we never really had that possibility. Perhaps with the skeletal anims it might be a go ahead if i can convince ent :(

if i can convince ent :P

If you are a real woman, that shouldn't be a problem :D

heh, i belive that tactic have allready been tryed on a similar subject...

on topic (partialy) however, i would realy like to see variable attack speeds. say a smaller and lighter weapon have closer spaced attack while heavyer weapons would lead to more space between them. allso, a general slowdown of combat so that one can observer more what happens (right now you barely have time to read the damage number of one attack before the next one sets in)...

This idea would take some time to implement, but it may be a good addition..

Hows'abouts' adding different fighting styles into EL combat? these styles would be decided upon by the creators and head storywriters, and they'd be styles that are unique to EL (so nothing like kung fu etc).. the fighting styles would be researchable, probably rare drops, and different styles would give you different advantages.

Example: (not real.. JUST EXAMPLE!!!)

Frukas Style:

Research required- Fighting, Advanced Fighting, Frukas

Advantage(s) given- Extra 10 damage to each critical hit

Disadvantages- NONE@!!!1~!@ bwahaha

Research Time- 4000 min.

Drop- 1 in 9mil in each Tumaros kill...?

etc etc etc

^JUST A FRIGGIN EXAMPLE DAMMIT

good idea? bad idea? stop suggesting stupid crap 007?

**!@#$@#$ EdIt $#@$#@!**

about the "These would be decided on by creators&storywriters"- this would be because:

1. creators r in teh charge

2. storywriters could incorporate these styles into EL's history

I'd say do away with the fighting "styles" and just add combat techniques, like double slash, "halfmoons," etc. that require mana and essences (probably air?).

It would be really cool to have different fighting styles!

I don't mean to beg, but...

PLz oh plz oh plz oh ppppllllllllzzzz, Entropy! It would be so cool!! *gives Entropy the puppy eyes*

I think these are great ideas. Especially the background set out by Lyanna, nice one.

You could even use fighting tactics of monsters and animals (if you know what i mean). Pummels etc

More like, you read deer fighting, and after that, whenever you fight, you put deer antlers on your head (which u must have in inventory to fight),get down on all fours, and headbut your opponent :ph34r:

you put deer antlers on your head (which u must have in inventory to fight),get down on all fours, and headbut your opponent :ph34r:

I think that would require a new spell: "modable head". A few bones, some meat and a life ess and you're the proud owned of a modable head.

Now you can stick anything into your skull, and ram/head butt other creatures!

You'll be the envy of all your friends.

The life of every party!

And look, you can even use your new modable head to carry your wallet!

A $39.95 value, available today for just 3 easy payments of $9.95

But wait! If you promise to tell 2 friends about your new modable head, we'll send you this incredible, never-needs-sharpening paring knife absolutely free!

That's an amazing $5 value, yours free with your modable head purchase.

Call now!

actnowoffervoidwhereprohibitednotliableforpermanentheaddamagenoC.O.D.s