Eternal Lands Official Forums
stasia

The Bank System Is Poo

crikey...

anyway, guess the point is that it's surely ok to say if you think something could do with some improvement, otherwise society (and el is a form of society) would stay as it is and never progress.

Why newbie can't post suggestions? If they will post spammy crap without any knowledge in it like:

Why that game is nor lik R-word? On R-word we can do that, and that also that...

Then just lock it. He has a valid point there that you have to click alot of times to get exact qty

of items (like 267), also he was a valid point that it it crowded so solution is creating more storages.

I don't especially like a tittle of this topic and I agree that if someone is posting a suggestion he shouldn't

call existing state a poo because it is insulting people who are working at this game. It is alot better to

say:

I think your idea requires some small changes.

instead:

I think your idea is a shit like yourself.

Regards.

Mike are you twelve years old? After that little flame fest I was temped to call you a poo poo head, but that wouldn't be nice or make sense.

you wil meany weany!!

look, if your gonna give EL shit, have some good reasons

and its in BETA!!! if you cant take the BETA dont play the BETA

if its so bad, donate to it, help it out in some way, or dont play, or dont complain

yes its not PERFECT. Sorry not meet you convinience. But it DOES work, it may take a little time, but it WORKS. The developers are working on other stuff more important than the making it more convinient for the poor wil pwayers

dont like it being crowded? donate a server

dont like the trading system? Make some code that works, put into your client, and if it works, show a pic on programming forum with the code

MikeH: Stop posting crap. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything.

Yes, this was posted in the wrong forum, has a bad title, and has (I think) been suggested before, but that's no reason to make such posts as you did.

Anyway, this would take a bit more than just a few additions to the client - it would require server side modifications. Though the current system might not be perfect, it works well enough for the moment. I'm sure a better trading system will be implemented sooner or later..

...The developers are working on other stuff more important than the making it more convinient for the poor wil pwayers...

that's ok, i'm aware that they're doing other stuff atm, however just thought the developers might want to know a potential problem for when they go p2p.

sorry 'bout the title of this thread but i was jk, kindly excuse my sense of humour :)

ya the devs know about it, but again, more important stuff is being worked on =D

when EL goes p2p and teh devs start working on p2p only and teh storage system is still the same, thats when you post this

and @ umrion

maybeh the manner wasnt so great, but if elderwillow is gonna be a little shit and start posting how EL sucks for some wrong/stupid reasons, then well... =P

@all

there are millions of things that could be better about EL, and the devs are working on it

Miki, there are plenty of space, we have alot of big maps which are empty.

So to, I am telling you one more time, remove crowd from storages we only need MORE STORAGES.

Simple mathematics:

300/4 = 75

300/10 = 30

Where: 300 is average number of players online, 4 is current number of storages, 10 is an example

number of storages that we could have here, 75 and 30 - usercount at storage.

Regards.

and @ umrion

maybeh the manner wasnt so great, but if elderwillow is gonna be a little shit and start posting how EL sucks for some wrong/stupid reasons, then well... =P

I really don't think ElderWillow meant that the game sucks, just that the trading system does. In any case, I don't think posts like yours makes it a bit better (and we do have a specific forum for that kind of posts :))

teh banned 0n3na: It's not enough to just add more storages, they have to be well placed too. A storage might be crowded because it's placed near a teleporter, a harbor or resources etc.

I doubt a storage in western Morcraven would be as crowded as the one in Valley of the Dwarves :D

No, that's not what I meant. I meant that I really hate it when people have played the game for twenty minutes, then go onto the forums and say it sucks.

But it does suck

i think he meant the game sucks =P and he also said our system is crap and so on

and plat, i know there is alot of space, but i dont think theres anything we can say to make him change his mind, so the simplest way to make more space is to get another server =P

and ya, we can put 2 storages in votd, and they will still be pretty crowded, its hard to fix crowded storages, cuz if we add more, most ppl will sitll use votd cuz its so popular adn easy to get too

and almost every n00b thinks votd is the ONLY storage, thats also part of the problem

teh banned 0n3na: It's not enough to just add more storages, they have to be well placed too. A storage might be crowded because it's placed near a teleporter, a harbor or resources etc.

I doubt a storage in western Morcraven would be as crowded as the one in Valley of the Dwarves :)

Agreed 100%. Storages should be in decent locations near various resources. This is why Raven's

storage is crowded - it is alchemist spot to collect various ore and flowers.

Suggested storage locations:

- Isla Prima, far away from beam of course, to not make it too easy. Newbies could get an advantage

to collect large amounts of animal parts for summoners.

- Town of Corren, near docks, it will be far away from resources but nice alternative for VOTD.

- White Stone: WSC, Tirnwood Vale or Forrest of the Fall. WS is dang big map you can cut like 4xVOTD

from this so one storage there is too low (same DP).

Portland is big map also but there is a storage near docks also if there will be storage in WSC or DP it

will be still nearby you will just need to change map.

- Nordcarn - THAT MAP R0X! It needs an advantage! Storage there would serve fighters and also would

make Nordcarn cave alternative for KF.

- Naralik - It can become nice magic essences making spot of course move flowers used for these

essences out of map so people will trip to nearby maps to collect them and haul to storage.

Also large part of the continent will finally have a storage.

I think if there would be storage like that people could explore and there would be no empty maps.

Regards.

ya and if we had a trading type window to move stuff between our bags and mr storage guy, then we'd be in and out of the immediate storage area much faster too.

so what's needed are more storage areas, and eventually a quicker interface.

To the programming stuff:

- It can be done

- It can't be done just on the client side

Maybe I'll do that after finishing my bot.

if you can do it, do it, post it with the code. But the devs my be working on something as we speak

Mike are you twelve years old? After that little flame fest I was temped to call you a poo poo head, but that wouldn't be nice or make sense.

you wil meany weany!!

look, if your gonna give EL shit, have some good reasons

and its in BETA!!! if you cant take the BETA dont play the BETA

if its so bad, donate to it, help it out in some way, or dont play, or dont complain

yes its not PERFECT. Sorry not meet you convinience. But it DOES work, it may take a little time, but it WORKS. The developers are working on other stuff more important than the making it more convinient for the poor wil pwayers

dont like the trading system? Make some code that works, put into your client, and if it works, show a pic on programming forum with the code

Mike you ignorant f**k. I am helping. Who else is doing sound effects? And why would I play this game if I thought it sucked? Can it. Being a multimedia developer I know a little more about beta testing than you do and I am not content as a BETA TESTER to just play the game mindlessly. Did you even know that you are essentially testing the game? Geez, you think you make a few maps and then you're all of a sudden some authority...

People, go on KF maybe? *sigh*

Regards.

I still think that you could do most/all of it client side, it would just be a pain. What ent needs to add to the server is the storage command something like #store x y n where x and y is the location of the item in your inventory and n is the number. And then #takeout x n where x is the bank slot the item's in and n is the number. The interface could be like a trade one...

I still think that you could do most/all of it client side, it would just be a pain. What ent needs to add to the server is the storage command something like #store x y n where x and y is the location of the item in your inventory and n is the number. And then #takeout x n where x is the bank slot the item's in and n is the number. The interface could be like a trade one...

I think I'm confused by what you mean by client side. Do you mean in which way the game client works? If so we're all talking about the same thing. Or if you are saying that the tradeing system should be all command line doesn't that complicate the matter? In any game you need an interface that is intuitive and flows. Hence the new topic.

Make up your mind... Do you want storage commands, or an interface like the trade one, which has no commands?

Leeloo he wants this on the server: "What ent needs to add to the server is the storage command something like #store x y n where x and y is the location of the item in your inventory and n is the number. And then #takeout x n where x is the bank slot the item's in and n is the number."

so that its possible to make this in the client: "The interface could be like a trade one..."