Eternal Lands Official Forums
stasia

The Bank System Is Poo

it'd be far easier to bank stuff and would clear the area round the storage guy much faster if a trading style window popped up between you and mr storage (showing what he's already holding and showing what you have in your bag); and letting you click on items you want to shift (in or out) and input your own numbers if ya want.

atm it's quite painful.

/end rant

Ahhh... this is so nice. A newbie with four posts ranting about the system, and suggesting we make it different, in the wrong forum. I feel that from now on we should just delete these posts.

lol

ooo k, so i'm not allowed to say anything cos i haven't said anything before.

right you are then. ;)

No, that's not what I meant. I meant that I really hate it when people have played the game for twenty minutes, then go onto the forums and say it sucks.

erm, (a) i didn't say it sucks (i actually like the game); and (b.) i've played it longer than 20 minutes.

looks like you've taken this on board personally for some reason, you ok?

Oh, it's just that these VR goggles sorta warp my view of the world...

Really? Well, I guess this post is better than some others that I've seen, but just for the record, post things like this under Development -> Suggestions and PLEASE don't have a title like "The Bank System Is Poo". Also, please be more descriptive with your idea.

//BETTER YET, Learn C and program it yourself.

Basically, if your idea is really a hit with people, SOMEONE'll up and program it... In fact, it might be possible to do this on client side programming, If you had an interface with the storage NPC and #storage parsing....

^Ignore this^

*blinks*

well if someone does come up and program this, please tell me about it somehow ;)

lol ;-)

but, at least, Stasia is right. i dont like this interface of storages very much. An interface like the trading window, maybe with drag&drop, would be very nice.

Just my 2 cents.

Piper

Same here.

Cathegories should be available only while withdrawing stuff, if you deposit you should see in dialogue

window only items you have in your inventory, especially that change when I see modable and magic

weapons as options, even when I don't have it, as options while choosing "weapons" makes me feel

confused.

Regards.

At least be able to input an ammount of things to wiithdraw..i hate having to take stuff out 3 times to get the right ammount.

Yeah we should be able to use storage right from the silver ore mine to make bars or tit ore iron ore whatever so your emu wont matter anymore... duhhh get a grip

Yeah we should be able to use storage right from the silver ore mine to make bars or tit ore iron ore whatever so your emu wont matter anymore... duhhh get a grip

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :P

heh - a classic case of not reading the topic/any previous posts at all

it'd be far easier to bank stuff and would clear the area round the storage guy much faster if a trading style window popped up between you and mr storage (showing what he's already holding and showing what you have in your bag); and letting you click on items you want to shift (in or out) and input your own numbers if ya want.

atm it's quite painful.

/end rant

heh - a classic case of not knowing the history of the game or that storage is a hack and will be refined in the future.

The storage (from what I've seen) isn't exactly at the top of the list of things to do right now...

No, that's not what I meant. I meant that I really hate it when people have played the game for twenty minutes, then go onto the forums and say it sucks.

But it does suck. One: we're restricted to predetermined units of trade (can't enter exact numbers), Two: it IS too crowded and there's just the one storage place, Three: It takes too long to get anything from storage. Lets say I want my pickaxe, 53 threads, 1 needle, and all 100 of my rabbit skins. In order to do that I have to click 16 times plus I have to look through a large list of catagories which takes more time. If I'm a newb it takes me approx 3 minutes to get what I want and by then I could have picked over 40 or so lilacs near the flower shop and sold them for 20gp. Tell me that's not frustrating...

The fact of the matter is despite lack of access the menu trading system is crap and should be redesigned so that it is intuitive. Sometimes when I'm working with in game items I feel like I'm playing a text based BBS door game.

1. As fred says, It has not really been refined at all.

2. You are a noob. There is more than one storage place.

3. Well, for a free game, nobody owes you anything. At all. If you don't like it, leave.

And, if you feel like that, you're welcome to go play a text based rpg. (emacs game dunnet :))

@Keknehv

lool, true its free. but its still beta. and thats the time to make suggesions ;-) As some ppl did here in this thread.

@ElderWillow

yeah, think about how much time it takes me to convert from a garg kicker (has a lot of armour, weapons and potions etc.) to an alchemist (needs a lot of free load). Always deposing these leather pants, boots, helmets, shields, swords, and so on takes a lot of time. Similar to the "get all" buton in bags a "deposit all" button for storages would be nice.

What i really would like to suggest is an interface for storage like the trade window. with drag&drop and a "deposit all" button.

That would really be a big help.

Piper

First of all, could some mod please move this to SUGGESTIONS? Thanks...

And I think it MIGHT be possible to do an entirely client side implementation of this thing...

could some mod please move this to SUGGESTIONS?

*looks at mikes post*

*coughs* I think it might belong more in flames. :ph34r: