Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
techdawg

Ip Banned - Explanation Requested

Greetings,

I am a father of four boys, all of whom have friends in the neighborhood. As I have a network of four+ computers set up in my home, We are a local hotspot for gaming, of which EL is the primary choice. In fact, it's the only choice. Ultimately we have several players who play, not limited to, but including, Piro, ShadowCaster, EliahSwift and more.

My IP was recently banned, and the only information I have is that One of my Sons, Piro and a friend were playing, and ran across a Bag with "104 Life Essence" or something to that nature, but as I ordered them to Bed, they logged off soon after. This is the only thing I could possibly think of in the realm of negative behavior.

I am just requesting an explanation for the IP Ban, and if it is valid, they will have to suffer the consequences, (i.e. no more EL). If, however, it is not valid, or minor, I urge you to reconsider the ban.

Thank you kindly for your consideration, and I will check back for a response.

- Inquiring in Minnesota,

TechDawg :)

This is usually a metter for Entropy/Roja/Learner or Cicero. Could you post the message that you receive, that states the characters are banned?

Duh, there should be some sticky where you can declare if you have LAN and more charackters from

same IP are interacting.

Regards.

And I would have unbanned them sooner, except they had spammed the Forums about the ban. There ban was because of some questionable characters being created & exitting and as being said, there has been a past history of this IP.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the Replies, As for the questionable characters, I will look into it. If there are any additional requirements, suggestions, or requests, please let me know, I will be happy to comply if it within my abilities.

As for a "Scammer", I am 35 years old, own my own business (cellular phones) and build computers in my spare time. I would challange any accusation of this nature.

I myself do not play EL, not because I wouldn't love to, but because I am too busy at the moment, however, I am not new to Online RPG, I almost failed out of college because of a MUD called "DeathMUD" of which I was, what was then called a Wizard, now refered to as admin. Many, many hours spent mudding, before the WWW, it was all unix, and most of the codeing was in a form of C++.

I know the lure of such a game, and I have taken a good look at EL and offer kudos to those of you who created it. Hence the reason I even consider this request for my boys.

The point, however, I remain in the dark as to the specific reason for the ban, nor whether or not it is rectifiable.

To answer one of the questions, the message is the standard IP Ban message, that reads something like, "Your IP address has been banned, indicating you must have done something terrible, ...."

The list of characters, 'real' characters, playing on this LAN are:

ShadowCaster, Piro, EliahSwift, Slayer, Mitch3, Curt (on occasion), Slammer and Spinetingling (rarely as they are from out of town), Dions (on occassion), and there may be more as the boys bring friends over and introduce them to EL.

I found your sight doing a search for Graphical MUDS, prior to this, none of these people knew it existed nor even what a MUD was. my email address is: webmaster@thetechguy.us if you wish to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time and consideration,

-TechDawg

I still don't know what the ban was about, you'll have to wait until one of the admins fesses up, or Ent just unbans you. He should be back from work before too long.

Thank you Entropy, I appreciate your prompt closure to this issue, please let me know if there is every anything you need.

-TechDawg