Eternal Lands Official Forums
Umrion

Draughts, Droughts And Rain

A draught is something completely different than a drought. A drought, i.e. a lack of rain, is what I think the quest is supposed to be about. :)

Also, perhaps rain should be disabled in the map in question? When I was informed about the "draught" it was pouring down.. :P

Also, perhaps rain should be disabled in the map in question? When I was informed about the "draught" it was pouring down.. :P

This.... is a VERY valid point.

-Lyn-

I knew someone would say that eventually...

No, but really...I'm serious in this case. It simply does not make sense for the winery to experience a drought when it's raining cats and dogs in Morcraven. Sometimes, the most obvious things get missed, simply because nobody thinks of them.

-Lyn-

Ok, fixed the draught=drought thing. The rain issue is not a big deal, because a short rain every once in a while won't compensate the effects of a long drought.

If you are happy to get such bug reports, then can I suggest that the usual compound for seeding clouds is silver iodide, not silver iodine? <grin>

A draught is something completely different than a drought. A drought, i.e. a lack of rain, is what I think the quest is supposed to be about. :D

Also, perhaps rain should be disabled in the map in question? When I was informed about the "draught" it was pouring down.. :)

Look. There is raining on the desert (TD, KD) every 2 hours. So what did you expected? ;-D

Anyway you have a valid point here and I agree with you.

Regards.

If you are happy to get such bug reports, then can I suggest that the usual compound for seeding clouds is silver iodide, not silver iodine? <grin>

It wouldn't work with silver iodine?

According to IUPAC a iodine is an element, silver iodide is a salt of iodine and silver (salt in chemistry

meaning, not that you are adding to your soup - it is of course also salt but NaCl - natrium chloride),

formula is AgI, and it is made by reaction between silver and iodine.

iodine - element

iodide - sald of iodine

So, Entropy, it will not work with silver iodine because there are no such thing.

*winks*, yes I am a chemistry freak. :-P

Regards.

hey did mention not scietificly proved that actuall work at most 50% time to work if was. Result can be none or reslult to be giant flood kill every body but as said that actual sciefical proved work. time use on cloud and did work but becausle no one cloud same can not if made different in cloud.

So all saying at least quest make 50% chane give ingrendient again.

;) why did you just revive this thread? nor did i understand your post at all anyway ;)

I was saying cloud seeding has not been scientifickly poved to work actual and time that it been use it has work 50% of time.

and kindy relate talk in thread so that why put it in this threads

Edited by jamesvm

And....

This is a fantasy game, so just maybe these things will work great here in EL.

This is a fantasy quest, not a chemistry class.

And....

This is a fantasy game, so just maybe these things will work great here in EL.

This is a fantasy quest, not a chemistry class.

lol I know that but though fun quest that chance might has redo step to completely

While idea for why not actual add time mix so not just once get person you able to talk to them