Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bradleybradley

Video Cards

Hi. I need more fps since I'm back to using my TNT 2 from my Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64mb. So all Ati Radeons and Geforce will work with this game? If so, I don't wanna spend to much on a new card, so I'm asking if anyone things the Ati Radeon 9600 128mb card Standard would work about just as good as my previous Geforce 4 or a bit worse, or even a bit better. If anyone knows of a video card that will probably go down in price that I should wait for, please tell. I can get an ATI for 47 bucks, but looking at the card, it doesn't look like it will support many features. I guess I'm just looking for one that will work well with the game. Looks like the Pro's board looks almsot like my old Geforce, so it might not even be worth to by the standard. I dunno, I couldn't find specs to compare the cards properly, so I'm asking you experts, and greatly appreciate your input. THANKS A LOT!

Ati's work fine with the game. I suppose its personal preference. i'd personally choose nVidia, but as always, the more you spend the better you get.

Hi. I need more fps since I'm back to using my TNT 2 from my Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64mb. So all Ati Radeons and Geforce will work with this game? If so, I don't wanna spend to much on a new card, so I'm asking if anyone things the Ati Radeon 9600 128mb card Standard would work about just as good as my previous Geforce 4 or a bit worse, or even a bit better. If anyone knows of a video card that will probably go down in price that I should wait for, please tell. I can get an ATI for 47 bucks, but looking at the card, it doesn't look like it will support many features. I guess I'm just looking for one that will work well with the game. Looks like the Pro's board looks almsot like my old Geforce, so it might not even be worth to by the standard. I dunno, I couldn't find specs to compare the cards properly, so I'm asking you experts, and greatly appreciate your input. THANKS A LOT!

well, i have an ATI Raedon 9600 standard w/ 128mb, and it supports all features, so i say go with the 9800! ^_^

It started to burn right after the 1.00 update came out, so I thought it was the game, LOL. I have a PNY, but lost reciept, so they won't replace it, those bastards. Anyway, it's a purple card and started turning red on a great big area of it, so 2d works fine, 3d works horribly. Any basic 3d won't work anymore. I guess I'll stick with my tnt2 til I build another computer system, I got used to the low fps already, and i've been spending more time doing other stuff cause of it, so I guess I'm healthier waiting, lol. Oh well, if anyone thinks the GF4 is better than the ATI 9600 or vice versa, post it up. I preferred Nvidia for no good reason, just did. I guess it's time to try ATI is anyone supports that decision. Wanna get as much power as I can for my money. Well, thanks for the replies, later.

I just prefer nVidia because they support linux better  :huh:

Ditto, and nVIDIA's team handling the press in Europe is a lot cooler than ATI's ;-)

A GeforceFX 5700 (Ultra) would be a good investment :-) The AGP model of the 6600 will probably not arrive within the next couple of months, so this is what Id advise you to buy atm :o

Always preferred nVidia myself.

I've had my GeForce 4 MX 440 (128Mb) for over a year now, and for the bargain price, it runs practically anything smoothly, even Doom 3 with a bit of tweaking. I paid £45 for it a year ago, which is roughly 80 USD, but it may be cheaper now though. Really a great card if you're on a tight budget though.