Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest capetorial

Random Crashes

Guest capetorial

ok, ive played a game taht ahs this prob as well, it plays well randomly suddenly everything, i mean everything on my comp freezes, mouse, its like teh screen is just a picture and i have to hardboot. it only happens when im playing this game and this one other. i have windows xp. a very up to date computer and i usually get to about 90-150 fps on this game. normally its insanely fast and no prob anywhere but this i just dont get! maybe its designed for macintosh or something. anyway, eternal lands staff, plz make a patch for this. luckily it hasnt been a too crushel of a time when i lock up but i know it will. i do not seem to have any viruses, i have a very up to date anti virus, plus my windows in updated fully. any more info you need, i will NOT give you my password, if you claim to be staff i WILL report you because if the staff wants my password, tehy can just look it up. you have been warned.

signed, capetorial.

I have had this problem before when running it in Linux.

I am pretty sure its to do with the openGL libraries. Depending on what card you have of course.

Please post your System specifications here, most importantly your graphics card.

P.S, Why would any of the 'staff' need your password?

He knows they won't need it but some people try to pretend that they're admins and they need username and password for account administration. Though these people prefer to get into your bank account instead of playing EL but some people use the same password everywhere... :o

I'm using FC2 with an ATI Radeon 9600 with the latest driver from ATI. Don't know which opengl version is on my system. Could you tell me how to get this information?

Guest capetorial

'staff' need passes cuz they aint staff o.O, tahts why i dont give ym pass to em. uhh, im on windows xp are tehre different versions!?!?

Try to update your video drivers. If that doesn't help, you'll need to tell me your password.

jk.

Ey Cicero u can check ur passes and all but is it logged what u do??

else u can abuse it badly

Guest capetorial

if youre talking about your comp making cookies, dont worry about it, it has trouble making cookies for this game and will fail..unless the game designers choose to put in a cookie maker thing

if youre talking about your comp making cookies, dont worry about it, it has trouble making cookies for this game and will fail..unless the game designers choose to put in a cookie maker thing

um, what?

Guest capetorial

sounded like you were worrying about your computer saving your password and a hacker finding where your computer kept it.

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

Those last 5 messages were some of the funniest stuff I've seen here in a while. I love it when people who know a little something try to sound like they know what they're talking about.

me: "Mom, your computer has a virus. No more Tetris until I fix it, ok?"

mom: "Ok. Here's some money, go buy more rams."

me: "um, ok..."

mom: "The newspaper says computers need lots of rams."

me: "Yes... uh, here, play this GameBoy."

sounded like you were worrying about your computer saving your password and a hacker finding where your computer kept it.

ROFLMAO!

hmm..still does it on teh otehr game i was talking about as well..

Necrophilia!!!!!!!!! BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

I'm quite certain I've got cookie crumbs in my computer. It never crashes, though.

Maybe you got cookie crumbs in your computer.

True (and off topic, but crumb related) story:

I used to work for the Police Service here in Toronto doing tech support during the summers. Once I got a call to go service a machine where the description of the problem was "machine won't stop beeping, keyboard dead".

I went out to the station with a new keyboard and when I got there I found the problem was a huge (and obvious) chunk of donut stuck in the keyboard, holding down a key.

lol

anyway you should know it's the cookie crumbs that attract the bugs into your machine.