Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
simma

Official Tourney's?

Just and idea (my first ever! woot)

An official Entropy sponsored Pk tournement

A knockout style type thingy, but with something like one of those special swords as a prize.

people love events, and i bet this wud be gd fun ^.^

could ask for people to pay to enter, or could just be simply sign up on the forums.

but it would fit in the the EL theme, as there were medievil tourney's all the time as people wanted to be declared the best.

Could also have divisions, sub 30/30 att/def 50/50+ att/def etc etc....

and because teh g0d wud be hosting, no idiots would try to ruin it. would be fun for all.

well, tht's all ^.^

well, very good for a first idea ^_^ but hasnt it been done before? oh well, good idea anyway, that would be fun once i get my attributes above 10 again ^_^

ska says

SKA did 3 contests like this, they were a big hit.. back when the game had a community, he'd post more info about them but cicero is a nazi and took away his posting permissions"

maby you could have some sort of tounrey bot by the lucky punch arena in wsc. you could pay a large sum of gold (at least 10k for a lvl 0-20 tourney) and if you wanted to, to give a bonus prize.

Then you could specify what kind of tourney it is (eg// lvl 10-20, fist only), and the tourney's name, then the bot would broad cast a message saying "'name' touney at lucky punch arena '#' gold to enter, prize 'something', hosted by 'name'"

The amount of gold to join might be determined by the amount to goods sponsored, like 1% maby

Then when the touney started, the bot would declair who's turn it is to fight and kick all in the arena, then teleport both contestants in, and lock the doors of the arena to everyone else, then the next contestents and so on

Then after the tourney ends, the winner talks to the bot to recieve his prize

And maby so sponsors have a purpose of sponsoring, they could recieve a tourney coupon for every tourney they do, and use them once they have enough to buy things from the tourney bot (eg// 5 tix=serp, 10 tix=mm cape, or something)

:rolleyes:

ska says

SKA did 3 contests like this, they were a big hit.. back when the game had a community, he'd post more info about them but cicero is a nazi and took away his posting permissions"

Ya..i heard them nazis did terrible things to handicaped/mentaly disturbed ppl...

Ska, sorry for that i just couldn't resist... I'll sing u some spice girls if you forgive me

wot i mean, is a REAL contest, not some player sponsored thing, with items anyone can get.

ent cud make a map (plain, doesn't need anything), and teleport the two competitors there.

1 fight at a time.

you work your way up the ladder in the tournement, winner takes home and nice shiney sword (say thermal tit short, long. NOT serp coz tht is too big a prize :rolleyes: )

this type of competition would be fair, so no1 could complain, it would be a really good prize, and people would enjoy it.

it would keep with our theme.

and bring some variety.

and give all these fighters something to work hard for, to be able to compete for respect :P

personally, am not a fighter, but i know for a fact this would go down well.

also, equipment shud not be taken if you lose, because, if you lost in medievil times, one of your servants would go pick it up for you :)

contests should be held once ever 2-3 weeks?

we could even have summon wars too....... same style....... (different divisions, 4 creature max, 6 creature max, can only participate in 1 division, gives more people a chance :) )

just some thoughts :)