Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shasso

Warning

In the last week or even more, a lot of scamming or scamming attempts is going on and everytime it is very similar, and everytime it is a different guy. He tries to sell cheap big ammounts of essences for money or other stuff and wants to bag trade. Ussually he is sitting on a bag with 1 bone or meat =) It might be one player, that is making new chars all the time to clear his name or we are dealing with organised crime B)

So IF you are about to trust such a deal, at least check the players stats to see if there is something fishy. And notice if he withdraws 2k essences from storage in two seconds :P

i hate scammers. i have noticed people that want to do bag trade more than trading. And they do have lvls 3 att 3 def 5 overall:)

In bag trades I am first jumping on bag. And NO WAY I will NOT jump first. Even if I know some player

I am not letting to pay money before he jumps - I don't want to get my bag taken by some noobie and

loosing stuff and money. Also I am not bag swapping in crowded areas. ;-P

Regards.

B) i only bag trade if i know i can trust the person

or usally i ask him/her to trade me the first batch so i know they have what ever it is i am buying cuz its easyer to pick up a bag of 200 iron bars then to trade 20 bars at a time

so if your going to bag trade try and follow a few safty rules

1. Is this person trust wrothy (ask some of your friends/guild mates or allied guilds if they know him/ or have done busness with him)

2. Make sure threw trade that he/she has the stuff there claiming to bag for you

3. NEVER pay up frount wait till you have the bag... or offer to pay like 1/3 before hand so they dont think YOU are trying to scam them... and pay the reset when you get the bag

4. NEVER make a bag trade in crowded areas... (thats just stupid --note to self i should stop that also--)

i prolly shouldnt brodcast this, but i allways trust, allwayst have paid in advance or leave them the bag first and i havent been scammed once yet, because 99% of people here dont do that. I am only careful with guildless unfamiliar people, because they are likely to be new. A bit older players know that in el by scamming they may lose more than they profit when they loose their good name. This dude was not familiar and was guildless, he was in a hurry to trade, and made a bag kinda fast so i refused to pay in advance and indeed he was sitting on 1 bone =)

Sniif Sniff.... your saying you Don't trust me shasso... lmao just kiddin thanks for the heads up if anyone needs anything just ask me ill get it if i dont have it i got the connections to many trustworthy suppliers u all know that...

Gold rule of life says:

TRUST NO ONE!

Regards.

Even more simple: Don't bag trade if.......

1.) If the player cannot use the whole word "what", do not trade anything with them. Examples are: "wat", "wut", and the ever popular term "wat u want?"

2.) This should be a gimme: Don't bag trade if the person says "muney first plz"

3.) Do not bag trade with any person that has the tag *Ti*. Wait...is it don't bag trade, or trade at all, anything, ever?

4.) If you haven't seen them advertising on trade channel before.

5.) You just saw the person get killed by a rabbit in IP, and you're supposedly buying 500 mind rests from them.

6.) They play a dwarf

Just a few simple ones, feel free to add on to them.

6.) They play a dwarf

jride....shame on you i know a few good dwarfs --even thou little peep scare me--

lol j.. :lol:

i was gonna write 'and people that talk funny' but didnt want to diss the honest ppl whose english is not that good =)

And to teh banned 0n3na: I'm an optimist, i believe in people, especially in computer 'geeks' =) cheers mates :P

6.) They play a dwarf

ok..thats not nice...

I´m a dwarf and I have never scammed or stolen anything. Why would you even want to say that? Bah, I feel like declaring a holy Dwarven war against you...but that would mean I would have to actually do something...consider yourself lucky :P

lol j.. :lol:

i was gonna write 'and people that talk funny' but didnt want to diss the honest ppl whose english is not that good =)

And to teh banned 0n3na: I'm an optimist, i believe in people, especially in computer 'geeks' =) cheers mates :P

You believe in the people huh?

I am sitting one beautiful day and observing Linux's console...

Looking...looking...I see a guy which is flooding Linux, he scammed her on for 1k gold...ok...

5 mins later I see some other guy doing exactly the same...looking at stats... 3/3/0/0/0/...what the heck?

Noobie char scammed for that player 50k, serp, few steel shields, helms, medallions...then our cool man

traded it with youself and killed noobie char, and he thought he is da h4x00r. Sorry I don't believe in

people anymore. His brother gave me back all stolen items anyway I prefer watch my back.

Regards.

i said 99% =)

6.) They play a dwarf

ok..thats not nice...

I´m a dwarf and I have never scammed or stolen anything. Why would you even want to say that? Bah, I feel like declaring a holy Dwarven war against you...but that would mean I would have to actually do something...consider yourself lucky :rolleyes:

I shall count my blessings and say my prayers every night thanking the powers that be that this potentially disaterous effect was avoided due to laziness.

Don't bag trade if.......

6.) They play a dwarf

You are mean :)

awwww poor moonie !!!!

nobody in EL would ever doubt you are TEH most honest guy in EL ! :D

right there with aki... :rolleyes: where is aki ? :(

anyways, dwarfs are cool B)

If a player named dedricktux tries to convince you that he can "evolve" your armor because he is a mage, don't believe him. It's a scam.

lol i he just tried to scam me read my chat log its so funny dedricktux: i need to do one more spell

[lord_kilaran]: diamonds are in the secret room

BolanLongpants: you scammer

dedricktux: never!

[dns]: i didn't find the secret room

[lord_kilaran]: no

dedricktux: yept

[lord_kilaran]: not entrance

yept: what

dedricktux: can i have cape

[lord_kilaran]: the end of the prisons in the cellar of vermor castle

dedricktux: plz

dedricktux: i am new her

[PeEvEs]: where is the titanium mine?

[paleomagick]: near the rubies, then?

[lord_kilaran]: no

[dns]: portland

[lord_kilaran]: past the rubys

yept: um how bout stfu

[PeEvEs]: where in portland though

dedricktux: plzi will trade with u

dedricktux: i just want to try it on

dedricktux wants to trade with you. Use the trade icon then click on him/her in order to accept the trade.

yept: what willu do make my armour better with your mage powers

[paleomagick]: is it a wall torch or a free-standing one...

[dns]: if you wait i'll take you to the mine

[lord_kilaran]: a wall

[dns]: do you have MM?

yept: do i llok stupid

dedricktux: oh i can mkae i full palte

dedricktux: never

[PeEvEs]: no

[lord_kilaran]: peeves can take skellies

yept: of course u can

dedricktux: u would look so cool

[PeEvEs]: is there just skellies there?

[lord_kilaran]: i saw him own gobbies

[paleomagick]: i have mm, or i'd have died a lot there....

dedricktux: dwarfs rock in armour

[dns]: yes

yept: u r the worst scammer ever

#GM from yept: this is funny

dedricktux: scar

dedricktux: dam

dedricktux: but can i have cape

[paleomagick]: dns, were u talking about a mine on WS map?

dedricktux: plz

dedricktux: i am new here

#GM from the_antiroot: pot of feasting book

yept: what part of screw u dont u get

#GM from yept: hah read that

[dns]: i was talking about pl tit mine

dedricktux: up yours u giant buffalo

dedricktux: franz

[dns]: 2 questions at the same time

yept: that hurt