Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lyanna

Calling For Volunteers!

(Starman_Omega @ Sep 15 2004, 03:31 AM)

FINALLY, i'll be getting a new computer, and the first thing i do is download EL and see if the map editor works. if it does, i'll be sending a 16x16 map to you guys, and sign up to be a mmap editor! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

You're gonna BE a map editor? Like..just sit and edit..excisting maps? O.o or you gonna BE a software? Both seems boring ;)

What i meant was that i wanted to MAKE new maps <_<

Oh yeah, and, how do you make the text with the info on who sent the qoute? ya know, the " QUOTE by starman omega at bla bla-blah blah."

lol ;) quote button at the top right corner of the text window :)

Guest Mastashake101

hello i am an experienced Beta tester for games, no joke thats my job. i love el, its not the first mmorpg ive ever played but it IS the besT! i noticed, however some slight lag areas, weapon malfuncs, and grammatical errors. i am not expecting to get paid in real life but for a small sallary in EL i would gladly contribute and test the game!

hello i am an experienced Beta tester for games, no joke thats my job. i love el, its not the first mmorpg ive ever played but it IS the besT! i noticed, however some slight lag areas, weapon malfuncs, and grammatical errors. i am not expecting to get paid in real life but for a small sallary in EL i would gladly contribute and test the game!

All of us is kinda testing it all along and we do not expect any EL salary :P And if we find bugs, we report in Bugs section, like you will do, because you are right, it IS teh best :o

2) If you don't know how to program, here's a thread that will help you: So you want to make a bot? (Although it refers to bots, it has several useful website links for learning programming)

I feel special now :D My little articiale diden't go to waste after all :)

Anyways...I'll see about makign a map :D

I am now work on Encyclopedia so if problem with it or grammer & spelling error pm me about it. Also if like proofed read my update pm me and I will most likely let you.

What kind of storyline are we talking about?

I'm a writer... and I've been told before that my work could certainly go professional (if I could sit down and complete any of the novels I start :P )

Still, I'd be happy to contribute if I know what needs to be done. Message me here, e-mail me, or pm me in game (StKenjutsushi) and I'll do what I can.

Regards,

Kenjutsushi Kyuketsuki

The Vampiric Swordsman

Hi StKenjutsushi! ;)

Please go and read the Pinned threads in the Storylines Forum to get an overview of what we are currently doing, and then feel free to write your own story about Eternal Lands. If it's good, I can weave it in with the others. If you need some ideas, trying Searching the Forum for the thread called "Random Story Ideas for Beginner Writers" (Search 30 days and older). Hope to see some of your work!

-Lyn-

For people (like, up until recently, me) who don't check the storyline thread - the alpha version of the first chapter of my new work-in-progress is up - check it out here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9932

Thanks to all who give it a quick once-over - comments are extremely appreciated.

Regards,

Kenjutsushi Kyuketsuki

The Vampiric Swordsman

Edited the first post. I kept on getting PMs about quest and story ideas, and I realised this was where they were coming from. ;)

Edited again: Quinticus is now in charge of Storylines, and crannog, Derin and Lord Vermor are in charge of quests.

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Hello, I’m relatively new in this game and not native English speaker. So sorry if this post is somewhat inadequate or my writing is very bad or not understandable.

I have an idea to make a quest, but I need to know the possibilities of interaction with the players:

Modification (permanently / temporally {time of duration} ) of skills, attributes, perks etc. of the players.

Randomly (or better randomly weighted) teleport to multiples places and types of trigger it.

Randomly (or better randomly weighted) lose of player’s items or even change the items dressed by Player.

And other info that a “rolemaster†could need.

Thanks for your attention.

Enric.

Just write a quest with everything you think would be make it great (triggers, interactions, ect). Quest systems will be worked on alot AFAIK.

Hey, i would like to help by increasing awareness about the game by submitting game information about Eternal Lands to the Gamefaqs webpage http://www.gamefaqs.com/

But i need to know some things before i do this in order to keep the information accurate.

Platform: PC

Title: Eternal Lands

Category: Role Playing >> MMO >> Fantasy

Region: ?

Developer: Entropy

Publisher: ?

Release Date: ? In beta stages?

Notes: Please include information such as where you found this information and any other relevant news about this game: http://www.eternal-lands.com/index.php?content=download Would anyone like me to include anything else here?

Or do you all think this is a bad idea?

Or do you all think this is a bad idea?

No, very good idea. When I originally heard about EL one of the first places I checked for information was GameFaqs. I was bummed when I didn't find anything.

That would be another great place to put a number of FAQs and WalkThroughs about the game.

I would suggest you get permission before posting rl info.

202124[/snapback]

? I just posted stuff thats written all over the place on the forums? Its no secret...

Or you meant his stuff?

I meant it is in poor taste to say the least to post other people's real life information without their permission. Not to mention can get you in trouble. Especially considering you don't know them at all. Would you want your real name and address and phone number and anything else somebody managed to dig up about you posted by anybody all over the place?

Edit: I meant both of you, which is why I removed those posts in the first place.