Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aepox

Laggy

What's up with the lag? It didn't use to lag but since the server hdd crash or w/e it's been laggy like hell...wtf is up with taht? my ping is at like 1000, and the problem isnt my isp, it works fine... or rather, it works. Are you guys gonna do something about it? X.x

i am lagging also, didnt use to. Its kinda dangerous when u fight =)

I am lagging too. Alot of resyncs. :-/

Regards.

Im lagging to the point that i cant even walk sometimes,before the crash i only had a little. :blink:

its not people. At least if one player doesnt burden the server more than it used to. Cos i was playing when 500 people were on and did not have a lag. Thats before the big bang afcourse.

It is also lagging when only 150 people are on

its not people. At least if one player doesnt burden the server more than it used to. Cos i was playing when 500 people were on and did not have a lag. Thats before the big bang afcourse.

It is also lagging when only 150 people are on

...are you sure it was 500? x.X!! the highest recorded was around 350.

Dunno about you guys, but when i first started, old models, everything was great, 'cept no shadows, or it's 0 FPS for me.

Then, new models. brought it down to always under 15 FPS.

Still pretty good.

Then Ent made the server "faster" "especially for windows users" ...three times I believe? Each time it removed 5 FPS...

Now I can't even play like I used to...so I've settled on the forums :(

The game's so insanely buggy for me anyway...every time I change maps (including insides -> outsides) my text textures get screwed up and i have to relog...and i can completely forget trying to fight :blink:

:P What did I do to deserve this?

I have to agree, it has increased in lagg a little, but not to -to badd. Itss sTill PlAYablE. and it does not bother-er me too-o muchh.

the 350 record is after the crash. You are not new, you must remeber how full was the online list in feb-march-april-may..

edit: ok i could be wrong about 500, but i kinda have a feeling i seen that once.. Game was especially full when book reading came out for the first time, when the new economy started. Some mods must know the old players online records..

I could be trippin though

Dunno about you guys, but when i first started, old models, everything was great, 'cept no shadows, or it's 0 FPS for me.

Then, new models. brought it down to always under 15 FPS.

Still pretty good.

Then Ent made the server "faster" "especially for windows users" ...three times I believe? Each time it removed 5 FPS...

Now I can't even play like I used to...so I've settled on the forums :)

The game's so insanely buggy for me anyway...every time I change maps (including insides -> outsides) my text textures get screwed up and i have to relog...and i can completely forget trying to fight :(

:D What did I do to deserve this?

meep, i got 50+ fps, stupid evil server! it hates me... <_<

When I logged on this moring I had massive lag, my ping skyrocketed to 5700 and was above 1000 most of the time.

When I logged on a couple of hours later I was back at a nice 35 MS

I do get the feeling that the server has been more laggy since the crash, I used to never get resyncs and never get any lag. Now I actually get eaten by teh Grue sometimes :(

meh i usually get eaten by the grue everytime i log on for some reason then when i press a button it works and going to the VOTD storage FORGET ABOUT IT a usual 1 minute tasks takes me like 3 minutes just to do 1 step of that!! (i'm a comcast user to :rolleyes: ) wut did i do to deserve this!!!

have anyone ran a traceroute from thier home to the server? (address can be found in the ini file)

if there is no unusualy high pings there then its either the server software or hardware that for some reason is acting up (strange if its the hardware as thats supposed to be better then the old). btw, what os did the server run on before and what is it running on now?

the 350 record is after the crash. You are not new, you must remeber how full was the online list in feb-march-april-may..

edit: ok i could be wrong about 500, but i kinda have a feeling i seen that once.. Game was especially full when book reading came out for the first time, when the new economy started. Some mods must know the old players online records..

I could be trippin though

Erm, 350 was on old server too...maybe 367 tops.

Most users ever online was 351 on Sun Aug 29 20:34:33 2004