Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xecutor

Lore Skill

A lore skill would be very nice that would raise while fighting.Then you can use your eye icon on monsters to see all their stats.I know some stats are on www.elrocks.com but some are wrong and some aren't there at all.Also i think it's nicer to see them in-game and not to check 1-2 sites.This could also be used further in the game(maybe rare items thath need identification like in baldur's gate 2?)

no offense fred,but trolls really aren't weaker than ogres and male orcs.Also some infos are incomplete...and in-game info is much much better.i don't need to alt+tab all time also it's closer to the game feeling :D.Lore exp shouldn't add to oa if you think fighter skills are too many :D

I take no offense. I'm just asking (as I usually do) that people send me updates if they have something to add or correct. I've never fought some of the higher level creatures so I have no idea what their stats are or even relative toughness, so I've got to rely on other players. :D

So creature/monsters stats are not 100% correct?are they just guesed? :D..lol,i thought something is fishy about those high stats.anyway,my sugestion is still on and fred,i'll e-mail whatever i can find wrong (yeah i'm evil :D )

However, I should have mentioned this too: Don't just send me your numbers for creature stats. I want to know how you arrived at those numbers. There's a couple of different formulas I've seen around for calculating the att/def stats of creature using the experience you gain when you hit/dodge that creature. I'd like to see the formula you've used too!

And as for the mat points I've got posted: I'm pretty sure they're right as I got those myself by touring around the zoo that is EL and looking at all the pretty animals.

sounds like a good idea however there might be a problem with it....

Now fighters can raise their overall one 3rd of the time faster than they used to. Now along with exp point from attack and deffense they will get extra experience points (the Lore skill) just be "attending" a combat and doing nothing else ...

In time it can create and imbalance because fighters will be lvl-ing up faster ...

as i said gianis,lore exp shouldn't be added to oa...i figured the balance would be ruined :P.this should only be a "tool" for fighters.as i fought for about a month now i can tell you it would came in very handy :wacko:

I think its a pretty good idea. But it would need something more than just showing the creature's stats to justify the skill's implementation. How about discovering certain weaknesses in certain monsters?

After you discover a monster's weakness, by reaching a certain lore skill, you could choose to do a regular hit, or try the "special" attack against the monster. The special attack would have a certain chance depending on your lore skill to cause a critical hit doing double/triple damage, but your chance to hit and/or damage dealt would be lowered by 25%.

The fighting books could work as a pre-requisite for the special attack for certain monsters, along with a certain lore skill.

After you discover a monster's weakness, by reaching a certain lore skill, you could choose to do a regular hit, or try the "special" attack against the monster. The special attack would have a certain chance depending on your lore skill to cause a critical hit doing double/triple damage, but your chance to hit and/or damage dealt would be lowered by 25%.

The fighting books could work as a pre-requisite for the special attack for certain monsters, along with a certain lore skill.

now that's a kewl idea! It could add some spice to combat! :rolleyes:

actually it was a simplified idea from an old single player game i still love to play today where your critical chance depends on if and where on your opponent's anatomy you make the targeted hit :(

But the game im talking about has pretty much the same description u do. Plus, I dont think the Lore skill would be a common name. In fact, the game im talking about ts the only game in which i heard it called Lore.

Well i wouldn't have any problems referring to another game if the idea wasn't mine. I honestly don't know what game you're talking about, maybe i played it some time ago and the way skills work remained unconscioulsy on my mind and now i thought i had a new idea, when in fact i was just taking it from the subconscious mind? either that or its a coincidence, now if you can PM me the game name i can tell you for sure if I have played it or not :(