Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jjk

Anyone Getting Hints?

All the good EL players/Oldbies are leaving EL/Being banned

Seriously, do you mods not get this hint??

What gets me is that all the problems occured after one specific event (not crash or rollback). More like a homecoming if you will

Guest SKA

what r u talking about?

everyone left after the big crash and then the community went to crud, leaving certain mods as gods which makes it worse

I dun get it...

Seems to me like these "oldbies" still seem to be fairly fresh in the game...seasoned players, as you will...

I guess it runs sorta like generations...to me the oldbies are...well, Ent, Roja, Moon, Slayton, 007, Leeloo...just to name a few...

Then there's the "middlebies" which make up 363.76% of today's community. These guys range from Prometheus to Next to Flexo...could be subdivided into early middlebies, mid middlebies, and late (thar4 more recent) middlebies...whatever...and it's the middle middlebies that seem to be "leaving"

(Pardon my Elvish, but gimme a fuckin break, these guys come back 5 days after they so DRAMATICALLY quit...even bans can't keep some of them away...)

Those guys struck me as...I dunno...non-EL-type from the start...

Maybe I guess that it's better that they leave...if only they would! :ph34r:

Heh, really it doesn't matter if you're an oldbie or a newbie - what matters is that you have manners and respect towards your fellow players (i.e. don't jump their bag etc.). The game will go on as long as new, good and nice players comes into the game (and this is happening all the time) - sadly the opposite is occuring more frequently these days :-/.

The only thing with bag jumping i see is if someone is trying to give u something to help u alchemize or something and someone steals ur stuff in the bag

Also i'm an oldbie (10 months now) basically at the age of me is where the oldbies start me and older otherwise ur a middle-bie or a newbie and i still play the game (10 MONTHS!!!) ya i had to take a break (most of taht was me on vacation) and i still love the game and have u seen me banned EVER????? nope

:lol: 8 months here where do i fit into the big "community" ? :)

Yea... 9+ months over here, clean record, played nearly always :). So proud of that, I gotta remember to tell em that when I'm applying for a job...

Blitzo

i started december 31, so this is my 9th month (maybe am thick and it's longer meh)

but yes, us middlebies are leaving (NOT MEE, AM ADDICTED), wierd huh?

they all used to be like crack addicts.... cept, el was their crack....

now, they have all gone to rehab (DAMN QUITERS!). but they will be back! no-one can resist this game, it's too hard to stay away...

Mwuahahahahahahahahahaha

All of our souls belong to radu now... all of us!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Haha, how about:

less than 1 minute: Bambie

3 months - 1 minute: Newbie

3 - 6 months: Busybie

1 year - 6 months: Middlebie (= MB = Embie) :P

1-1/2 years - 1 year: Oldbie

over 1-1/2 years: 1337bie

:):D

-Lyn-

Bleh only starts from mid jan so it's eerrmm.... 7 n half months. But i beat most of the oldbies (skills wise) ^^. Errrmm.... make that used to be coz the crash >.<

Yay I'm a 1337bie ^.^ :)

Or am I a Forkbie? :P

There is no fork...

Therefore I would be a Bie!

...which does not rhyme with pie!

Pie is the food of the black hole!

Hole minus the H is 'ole

Ole plus Bie (which i was before) makes me an olebie, and if u transfer the first E to a D that makes me an oldbie...

But I'm 1 1/2 years...

It's an ebil catch666.

<(dont really remember when he began playing)bie. ;)

:angry:

So what's this thread exactly about?

As for my time on el.. I've been playing since before it was released. I saw Ent's thread on the Furcadia forums about a game he was going to make, and decided to help out.

;)

I've been around too long to leave now.

:)

*wonders what in the world he would be and just quesseshat a good start would be ummmm....Eldwen ;) * Anyways I think the greater problem is not oldies leaving EL, but new players not staying. So I think more stuff should be done to help keep them from quitting 10 mins after they start when they cant quite figure it out.