Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Things That Will Go In The Game Eventually..

Since this thread says "art related things" I figured I would add something regarding visual representation.

In particular the representation of female characters through the 3-d models.

I always thought something looked "wrong" with the female characters but it took me a while to put my finger on it.

If you look at the two characters on the login screen (I assume these were done using the 3-d models and are not simply drawings) you will notice that the female character's shoulders are quite broad. Compare them to the width of her hips and the difference becomes striking. Her shoulders are nearly twice as wide as her hips!

While dwarven women might be like this (who knows?) normal human females do not have these proportions, unless you are suggesting that all the women of EL are of the "battle-amazon" type. The hips ought to be broadened and the shoulders narrowed. The change doesn't have to be too drastic but should be there. Realistically the with of the hips and the width of the shoulders should be similar.

Just a thought... hopefully the implementation won't be too difficult, as things do look pretty good already. I should say that while this may sound like a complaint overall I am quite impressed with the visual quality of the game and this comment is not of especially high import, but I would like to see a change in this regard if possible.

Hap_Loder

Hi,im Apocalipsa :D (nick in game).I have some sugestions.Can you put some things like to ride a horse or a dragon like in WoW.And guild battles once on mounth.Avry mamber of the guilds must be in there.Bettle of the guilds!!! Best guild get a reword...Thet would be cool.Or swiming? monsters like goblins and trolls are boring.Why dont you put some like ghousts?Witchs? . Put a storge on a isla prima!!! Hero arena? Best hero wins...Castle siege.AND DONT PUT STORY LIKE IN LOTR!!!!! THET WILL BE STUPID!! Make your story.Something what world never sow bewor..... :)

Can you put some things like to ride a horse or a dragon like in WoW.

...How many times? I mean, just in this thread. How many times?

And guild battles once on mounth.Avry mamber of the guilds must be in there.Bettle of the guilds!!! Best guild get a reword...Thet would be cool.

Contests. Check the ~EF~ war thread, in events.

monsters like goblins and trolls are boring.Why dont you put some like ghousts?Witchs?

Good. We need more monsters. .

Put a storge on a isla prima!!!

Not gonna happen.

AND DONT PUT STORY LIKE IN LOTR!!!!! THET WILL BE STUPID!! Make your story.Something what world never sow bewor..... :)

http://eternal-lands.com/index.php?content=story

Edited by freeone3000

ya that would be really cool but the Newb island sounds sorta like RS. And its starting like people want this game to be more like RS (just with the island, please dont kill me if you see me). Itd be really cool to put in customizable things like adding in your own designs to clothes etc.

ya that would be really cool but the Newb island sounds sorta like RS. And its starting like people want this game to be more like RS (just with the island, please dont kill me if you see me). Itd be really cool to put in customizable things like adding in your own designs to clothes etc.

213724[/snapback]

the devs won't make it like RS, but that's not to say we can't borrow good ideas from many other games

newbie island was around a long time ago, so it's not really a new idea.

customisable clothes, also, seems to be coming soon

Edited by ttlanhil

Guest amikot

As i has writed on "Client Requests" , i have played on Tibia.

There are some realy good features that makes tibia one of most popular games.

Here are the list of them:

1. In tibia world its possible to schow items for other players by placeing them on the ground or tables etc. and throwing them ... from one place on ground to another.

2. There is possible to rent a house or room in guild house. Only invited persons can enter ... so its fully secure to make storage from owned house.

3. There are a Royal Mail ... so its possible to send a letter or pack to someone in the game-world.

4. If you have a house .. its normal that you want to buy some stuff ... tables, lamps, mirrors ... lockers, chairs ...

All of that features makes that virtual game world looks more real. MAny peoples wants show his greate items ... to make friends jealows.....

So i think that applying my requests will make EL more popular.

As i has writed on "Client Requests" , i have played on Tibia.

There are some realy good features that makes tibia one of most popular games.

Here are the list of them:

1. In tibia world its possible to schow items for other players by placeing them on the ground or tables etc. and throwing them ... from one place on ground to another.

2. There is possible to rent a house or room in guild house. Only invited persons can enter ... so its fully secure to make storage from owned house.

3. There are a Royal Mail ... so its possible to send a letter or pack to someone in the game-world.

4. If you have a house .. its normal that you want to buy some stuff ... tables, lamps, mirrors ... lockers, chairs ...

All of that features makes that virtual game world looks more real. MAny peoples wants show his greate items  ... to make friends jealows.....

So i think that applying my requests will make EL more popular.

216295[/snapback]

For some of your suggestions, you could use the search button...

But houses would be really cool, but i don't think ppl can pay it, and houses for 100k are really low priced i think... (for me not :D)

And than the tables and all kind of things...

Maybe you should buy houses with tables, chairs and bed(s) included.

This is what i want in EL. Because I want to train with a friend of mine and we can't find a safe pk spot. So I would import special PK maps where players have to challenge eachother like a trade. The other person has to accept it before they can start to fight. This way you can train without getting killed by some superstrong player who wants your stuff. I hope it's not meant for the stronger players to kill all of us while we're training...

Anyways I think this is really important

looking at el to alot of games a have played theres 1 thing i realy miss here and thats the magic system

all i can realy use it for atm is restore fair enougth that spell helps tons but maybe add some fire/water/lightning spells that would at least bring abit more fun into it and give a reason to work on magic as these spells could do more damage than harm. all the sigals are already there if you need to use them.

looking at el to alot of games a have played theres 1 thing i realy miss here and thats the magic system

all i can realy use it for atm is restore fair enougth that spell helps tons but maybe add some fire/water/lightning spells that would at least bring abit more fun into it and give a reason to work on magic as these spells could do more damage than harm. all the sigals are already there if you need to use them.

I believe that the magic system is going to be completely reworked soon :icon13: *goes to search for the thread*

Guest Lego10

I think it would be a good idea to have an area that is relativly large and Changes so that it would seem endless. Then you could have strange monsters without any names at all just mystery monsters. Even better have it so that if something is dropped in that area it dosen't disapear for maybe a couple of days. Then people would adventure into it looking for riches and would battle monsters of tremendous strength. Only the greatest (or the luckiest) would survive! :) :battleaxe: :omg:

I hope one day we can have the elements, fire, water, air and earth, implemented like in many other games. Maybe even light and dark. Not just for spells, but weapons, and bonuses. And like the elements have their planets (e.i. Mars = Fire | Venus/Earth = Earth | Jupiter = Air | Mercury/Neptune = Water).

Or they can be linked to a god(s)/goddess('), but the way EL was worked out with teh Gods, that would be a toughie ;) Then, with teh elements, many more things can be introduced such as elemental resistance, weaknesses, bonuses, weapons, armor, creatures (i.e. Golems & Elementals), races, race elemental alignment, etc. EL doesn't have to become a classic MMORPG Fantasy Game, but we can get close. Still, technology has a place in EL *Takes out Ion Charging Particele Excellerator (I.C.P.E. for short) and fries a gnome*.

(e.i. Mars = Fire | Venus/Earth = Earth | Jupiter = Air | Mercury/Neptune = Water).

We have elements - for magic.

What we don't have are the planets like mars, venus etc.

Yes, I know, the way EL was designed, planitary-elemental alignment would be hard, and the magic system is still being tinkered with.

all we need in magic system is, according to me, special effects. for example: I harm, the other player gets '-10' above his head and thats it. Make some beams or something ;-)

I was able to implement this by making a blue highlight (like the green walk target) for spells and red for normal attack. Simple changes, just need to submit to berlios still.