Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vartican

'component Items'

ok how about having item components,basically different parts of an item dropped by monsters which when mixed together in the manu window form a weapon/armor or other item ;)

so say we have an item called 'titanium mageblade'

you would need to find the hilt,handguard,grip from different monsters(as rare drops of course :P) and would NEED a specific manu level to combine the pieces say level 55 manu.

of course you could make it so theres a chance you can fail to combine and lose ingredients if you want..... :lol:

I do too :P

But then Almost Every fighter will become a manuer, and since they are like level 55, they can already make a serp fine ;)

only if their manu skill is 55. remeber that the overall level represent the total exp you have so high level attack and defence dont help you when it comes to makeing stuff...

there is allso the 30% chance to loose the parts if you fail so no way would i suggest you go try serpent directly :)

there is allso the books, they should still stay. this would only stop people from getting useable gear directly from the monsters they fight like is done now...

Thinking 3 years into the future...

At this time, there would be a lot more monsters, probably at higher levels than Fluffy and the Chimeran Wolf. Killing them would be harder. Higher-level weapons and armour would probably be an advantage. (By this, I mean NEW ones - stronger than the current Serp Sword and Titanium Chain). So, automatically, most fighter would want the latest equipment. Making them drop directly from monsters, no matter how rare, would again have the same problem of affecting the economy as before.

Therefore, I completely agree with vart's idea. Make monsters drop item components (and ONLY item components) instead. You don't have to affect the current weapons, but for any new ones - this is probably the best way to go. I agree with the manu and books thing too - it should be very difficult, but worth it. (One thing, though. If these new weapons are set at that level of difficulty to obtain, I don't think they should be sold for RL money, no matter what. It has a negative effect on the morale of people who worked up to the lvl 55 manu...)

-Lyn-