Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Punch

Problems With Enriched Essences

Guest Punch

All I do in Eternal Lands is harvest and make essences. When enriched essences came out, i got really lucky and got 2 enriched fire essences within about 2000-3000 essences made. However, since that point, I have made over 15,000 essences with no more enriched essences, the last 5k I even had the artificer perk. I don't know if others are having this problem, if it's a bug, or if I am the most unlucky person in EL.

Hopefully one of the devs catch this post and get me an answer. Even teh banned 0n3na couldn't believe that I wasn't getting any. (I'm her supplier for water essences)

I think you should consider yourself lucky :)

I know of some people who've made more than you and not got one. Its probably just the algorithm not working in your favour :P

There are no enriched water essences

There are enriched water ess.

The 15k ess... There is always a small chance to get an enriched ess. You can get 5 in a row or get no one out of 50k (or even more) ess you make.

It is not supposed to be foreseeable, it's more a special gift which you can get while making ess.

It's not a bug and you are also not that unlucky .. you already got 2 enriched ess. :)

I got lucky and got 4 fire ess from the first 3k i tried and then 0 out of 10k and with in the first 200 of water, magic and life i got one each. Just looks like a lot of luck is needed and now i am writing down how long it takes to make more..

Tigger

I made 15k+ fire ess and got 1 enriched ess so far. And I think that's fine, as long as the enriched essence can be used on something that lives for as long as it took me to make it. For example, if I can use an enriched fire ess to make some kind of cool sword, then I don't want that sword breaking any time soon. I don't mind repairing it, but make it worth the time I spent putting into it.

i made 1 in 100 man i got a good idea for a spell :ph34r:

I think you should consider yourself lucky :D

I know of some people who've made more than you and not got one. Its probably just the algorithm not working in your favour [Edit] Anymore:P

See there ya go,exact proof of my point ^^^^.....!

Yes... Though this system may suck for those unlucky ones (like me, made 43,5k (no typo) fire ess and not ONE enriched), but at least it keeps them as rare as they should be.

Blitzo

But if it's like for every 5 lvl of last recommended alc lvl (is that lvl 30 for tit bar?) u get an increment of 1 for making that enriched ess, it'll give players encouragement to lvl up in alc. Maybe it's also for other skill that's have this kinda chances. Maybe later on for manu with their modable n magic weapon.

Eg. so if making enriched fire ess is at 1 out of 10k, by getting lvl 35 it'll be 2 out of 10k.

Or make it by every 10 lvl. The idea is to encourage peeps ^^

Chances of making an enriched ess should be tied into your alchemy level. The higher the level, the better the chances.

They'd be doing me a favor.. a big favor (alc is 50). :)

I have the Artificer Perk and I have not made an enriched fire essence sence I got the perk. My Alchemy level is 43. I made 5 enriched fire essence before I got the perk. The other day I made over 5000 fire essence, with the artificer perk I was hoping to get at least one enriched fire essence, but I got none. Is the Perk woking right?

if(manufacture_items_list[manufacture].mutate_in!=-1)
 {
	 int upper_limit=10000;
	 int chance=manufacture_items_list[manufacture].chance_to_mutate;

if(check_player_flag(ARTIFICER,player_id))upper_limit=5000;

rand_result=my_rand(upper_limit);

if(chance+rand_result>upper_limit)
	 item_id=manufacture_items_list[manufacture].mutate_in;
	 else
	 item_id=manufacture_items_list[manufacture].produced_item_category;
 }

if(manufacture_items_list[manufacture].mutate_in!=-1)
 {
	 int upper_limit=10000;
	 int chance=manufacture_items_list[manufacture].chance_to_mutate;

if(check_player_flag(ARTIFICER,player_id))upper_limit=5000;

rand_result=my_rand(upper_limit);

if(chance+rand_result>upper_limit)
	 item_id=manufacture_items_list[manufacture].mutate_in;
	 else
	 item_id=manufacture_items_list[manufacture].produced_item_category;
 }

That says it all...lol.... thanks for posting this.....

Tigger

What are the exact values of chance_to_mutate for various items? Also, what does my_rand(int n) return? Does it return an int from 1 to n, an int from 0 to n-1, or something else?

of course, leave it to the newbie with 3 posts to revive such a dead thread... <_<

and "increase by 100%" means double, 7th grade math :lol: