Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

Skills In A Mmorpg

Hey, this is just a little research for a new comming MMORPG, we would like to know what skills you would like to see in the game so please post some ideas below, if there are alot of ideas, we will put them into a poll and people can vote on the best to see in the game, thanks for your help.

Hey, this is just a little research for a new comming MMORPG, we would like to know what skills you would like to see in the game so please post some ideas below, if there are alot of ideas, we will put them into a poll and people can vote on the best to see in the game, thanks for your help.

is this for rise of evil? cuz i cant get their site up anymore <_<

why don't you ask on their forums? Or better yet, on some game development forums? Kinda rude to post that here...

Offtopic Conversation

Talk here about NON Eternal Lands related things

combat/att/def/strength

manu/smithing

magic

mining/harvesting

are main ones.. small ones in certain games are like specialty to be a range/warrior/magician alc, summoning.. etc

LOL @ vart, but I think Fishing should definitely be in it. Always a good skill to have in an MMORPG...Some magic that'll actually hit ppl for damage...Thieving!!! Steal from NPC's!!! low chance though! Meh i dunno..i suck at ideas..

how bout 1337463 as a skill xD the more you talk in 1337 the more xp u get :o

great idea!!

anyway, i like varts idea too....

sam can you implement both of them? ^_^

I think it would be fun to post on another game's offtopic forum asking people for ideas for Eternal Lands. Don't you guys think so? :)

I think it would be fun to post on another game's offtopic forum asking people for ideas for Eternal Lands. Don't you guys think so? :)

Most of people are not suggesting anything anymore because it gets ignored by "teh G0d". *cries*.

There is also one more forum named "Game development" or something like that but it is hidden,

so...it means it is another suggestion forum but only for chosen golden babes? Also because "teh G0d"

is not so active on suggestions forum people with proper skills are creating their own projects and

probably copying part of ideas from EL instead of supporting it with their talent and skills, which is sad,

but they also has no choice...what I can say is that Entropy, who is lacking of time would give his

blessing for few people to change server code with his approval, Linus Torvalds is doing it so why not

Entropy and you Roja? *pats Entropy in his head*.

Regards.

Now, now plat, don't get ahead of your self there. :) Some people may interpert that post in a different way to what you might mean.

Ent should open source the server code and see what people come up with. I don't think much would come of it, and I doubt it would harm EL at all.

Or at least let people like Learner and Cicero run their own servers and implement some of the (silly) suggestions that people make. That would allow some trial and testing of the suggestions and at least give the appearance that someone is listening. And it would let someone else write the server code and take the burden off Ent.

Hehe, sorry Roja, i'm not trying to steal your players or anything lol i just wanted a rough outlook on what people would like to see in the game.. Perhaps i should of posted it in a Games Dev forums.

Now, now plat, don't get ahead of your self there. ;) Some people may interpert that post in a different way to what you might mean.

If someone will interpret it some other way than I meant it means he haven't read it carefully.

Also if someone is doing something well I say he did it well like "Roja your graphic is amazing".

And when someone is doing something wrong I say he did wrong IMO. That's me.

Also there is test server, Cicero and Learner has access to account where it is running at but

they has no permission to change code.

Regards.

If someone will interpret it some other way than I meant it means he haven't read it carefully.

Not necessarily.. Peoples reading and comprehension abilities vary greatly, And a persons state of mind can effect those.

Noone take this post as a mere attempt to disprove, degrade, flame, or anything else to teh banned 0n3na, I've no intentions of the sort.

Most of people are not suggesting anything anymore because it gets ignored by "teh G0d". *cries*.

There is also one more forum named "Game development" or something like that but it is hidden,

so...it means it is another suggestion forum but only for chosen golden babes? Also because "teh G0d"

Actually there are many times when someone will make a suggestion and he will agree that it is a good suggestion. So you are wrong teh banned 0n3na. His only problem is that he does not explain WHY people's ideas are good or bad, and that is mainly because if he or I did then we would not have time for much else.

That "hidden" forum was made so that we won't get spammy posts, so quit the crap with golden babes. Anyone who we see giving really good ideas can join it if asked by us.

is not so active on suggestions forum people with proper skills are creating their own projects and

probably copying part of ideas from EL instead of supporting it with their talent and skills, which is sad,

but they also has no choice...what I can say is that Entropy, who is lacking of time would give his

blessing for few people to change server code with his approval, Linus Torvalds is doing it so why not

Entropy and you Roja? *pats Entropy in his head*.

I don't care if people are making their own projects! that's fine! but don't go recruiting people and such on other game forums ..there are MANY specific good forums that are out there for that purpose!

And not every game even releases the CLIENT code! So be smeggin happy about that!

Ent should open source the server code and see what people come up with. I don't think much would come of it, and I doubt it would harm EL at all.

This was fully discussed and thought about in another thread once..i'd pull it up but it was deleted when the forums were hacked.

Seems I am not giving good suggestions. :-P

Anyway I didn't told I agree with recruiting people in this game for some other games, if you haven't

noticed I am one of people who is fighting with comparing this game to other game or "that game

sucks, game X is better" junk. So don't kill me *runs and hides in panic* I am just honest as usual. ;-)

Regards.

There's nothing wrong comparing games, or saying what is bad in EL compared to other games. What I dont' like-and no one would like if they were in my place-is when people post things like the first post here, or obvious spam for other games.

Sorry Roja, but at the time i didn't see anything wrong with this because people in the past have posted games that already exist, and this argument hasn't gone on in those threads, as this game is not currently developed, we are not advertising as such but just getting the general idea of what people would like to see in a MMORPG.