Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Zeplin

All Rounders

Guest Zeplin

the_antiroot and I are having a bit of a friendly comp, To see who is becomeing the bext all rounder, Im wondering who else is going for that title =)

Maybe we can work together a little, train in all the arts hehe.

Which reminds me... stage, are you going to do the EL Records again? With the Player Stats pages back online, it should be a lot easier this time around.

-Lyn-

Guest Zeplin

hehe yeah, That summoning was fun.

Maybe there is some all-rounder comps we can run, useing each skill.

im in but quite a bit behind lvl 10 + on all lvs just got my manu to 15 time to get off those boots but time for crafting yay

I'm working on rounding out my skills. It's actually pretty easy to do if you don't just work on one thing at a time. I go hunting for a while, then use some of the spoils for doing manufacturing and summoning, then once new hour comes I'll go harvest stuff for alchemy, then make pots to take hunting and do it all over again.

The only thing I haven't really worked on is crafting, because I'm not convinced its worth the effort or expense.

that what portal room look like cool

James, take a look at my site (www.elrocks.com) and check out the maps section. There's downloadable maps that you can use in game, but you can also take a look around other maps that you may not know exist or you haven't been to yet (like the portals room, which is really more of a portals island).

I dont know if I can be deemed an "all-rounder" yet but as soon as I have the funds to accomplish some of my goals I might be. Pm me ingame or just check out the players page when I'm on to get my stats.

Multi-tasking is a great way to live :P,

~S

James, take a look at my site (www.elrocks.com) and check out the maps section. There's downloadable maps that you can use in game, but you can also take a look around other maps that you may not know exist or you haven't been to yet (like the portals room, which is really more of a portals island).

I like what you did with Isla Prima and some of the underground maps. Any chance of doing that with the bigger maps too?

I like what you did with Isla Prima and some of the underground maps. Any chance of doing that with the bigger maps too?

Actually, I just started making a "real view" map of Portland, but I wasn't sure if anyone else would actually want it - I was just making it for myself. It is much easier to walk on the map when the map is accurate. I can acutally click a spot and know that I'm going where I indended to go, not just near the intended area.

When I'm done the Portland map I'll post it and if people like it and want more, I'll do more. Thanks.

It looks marvelous. Is it just super-zoom in the mapeditor? What framerate do you get at that zoom level? (I know what framerate I would get... About minus 20).

I'm not using the map editor, I added super-zoom to the client and changed the camera angle restrictions to allow a 0-90 degree view. Then I added special camera rotation so I can change the camera angle by 1 degree at a time so I can get it lined up at true north. And finally, I disabled the light/dark cycle so it's always full daylight and the maps are bright.

Now I just walk around taking screen shots and put them together in Photoshop. That's why on some maps you can see people and creatures, sometimes.

The most difficult part is rescaling the composite image so it matches the actual map. For most maps, at the 16f zoom out, the real map is 33% of the size of the screen shots. But for other maps it's different so I have the client tell me the height and width of the map so I can calculate the scaling percentage. Easy, eh?

As for framerate, it's not bad actually.. probably around 10-20 usually. My computer is pretty good though, so it takes alot to drop my framerate to much lower than that.

actull fred the very first thing i did when the new ip came out was site at your site awaiting a new map and i love the new ip map you made. I would love to see the Portland one when you get it up ;) cuz thers just a few thens not marked on the PL map that your new map might show. Thanks for your time!!! *hugs*

FYI: The new Portland map is now online. Only took me 3 hours to make..... (big map)..

[Edit] Kids, READ the page. Scroll down to the "Game Maps" section and download the .BMP files to use in game. The .JPG files WILL NOT WORK and you will brand yourself A RETARD if you tell me the JPG file didn't work for you.

FYI: The new Portland map is now online. Only took me 3 hours to make..... (big map)..

[Edit] Kids, READ the page. Scroll down to the "Game Maps" section and download the .BMP files to use in game. The .JPG files WILL NOT WORK and you will brand yourself A RETARD if you tell me the JPG file didn't work for you.

:D:D that was me Sorry Fred the map is REALY great thou and THANKS millions *hugs*

any ways i forgot the first time i was in here to mention that i am working on raising all my lvl also... so far this is where i am at with my stats

Embers stats

i am starting to focus on fighting now and will get into more manu when i kill enof wolfies and beaverits and white hoppers and foxies :D ((some summoning in there i will summon a fluffy!!))

and if Rya needs more rings...my crafting will go up also!!

omg thx! now i can get thru ip with a single click again!

ehy,why not lump all of the bmps into a zip file so that one dont have to download every single one of them by hand?

Because I don't want people downloading every single .BMP file each time they want to update one file. Bandwidth considerations.

heh, i can kinda understand that :D

used the "leech" function in my fav download manager to grab them all.

still, just did a compress with zip and it went from 6,2MB to 2,8MB...

that what portal room look like cool

duh most maps from site fred just have not see it in 3d view