Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hellinon

Apprentices

Okay, i know alot of you think im a waste of your time, but i just thought of a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How bout you can open a interface that allows you to choose a master, then he can accept it(and you can choose what to be apprentice of, summon, fight, etc) and whenever your around him and do that thing, you get extra experiance! ( but the master has to be higher level than you in it of course)

Surprisingly, I think it's a good idea. I know I've seen this system somewhere before (can't remember whether it was an earlier suggestion in the Forums or in another game's description though). You need to define the range of the exp gain carefully, as well as how to stop apprenticehood, or change masters, or take on more than one apprentice, etc. But the idea in principle seems sound.

-Lyn-

Why would anyone want to be your master? So they can sit near you while you do stuff?

This is only half an idea. Make it worth something for the master: like s/he gets part of your experience when you do something, but you fail less.

Not sure how a master should benefit, but we need to be cautious not to ruin the balance.

But, a master probably needs to be around 20 or more levels higher in a skill for the apprentice to benefit. not just higher, a LOT higher.

ok call me nuts but how about the apprentice gets a effective skill equal to the master as long as the master is within range and the master gets the exp that the apprentice gets?

ok call me nuts but how about the apprentice gets a effective skill equal to the master as long as the master is within range and the master gets the exp that the apprentice gets?

The apprentice getting the effictive skill of the master? That would make the apprentice too powerful, maybe having an effective skill of one or two levels above would be better, that would mean the apprentice gets more exp because he fails less and is being guided and taunt by the master. But trying to bump it up more would mean that the lessons are way over the apprentices head. But, the advantage is unlike a potion, it doesn't wear off as long as the master is close (and not afk?)

Surprisingly, I think it's a good idea. I know I've seen this system somewhere before (can't remember whether it was an earlier suggestion in the Forums or in another game's description though)

Asheron's Call maybe? :P

So I take my level 50 alchemy character, surround it with a bunch of new players (apprentices, in my control) and supply them with resources. Now I have a team of players turning out massive amounts of stuff in no time. I'm rich.

Limit it to 1, or maybe 2 apprentices per master. And besides, fred, that's how guilds got started in real history... :P

-Lyn-

And besides, fred, that's how guilds got started in real history... :P

It's never wise, when talking about a game based on a fictional universe, to try to defend your position by comparing the game with the real world. Should anyone ever feel the urge to do this, they should consider how much time they spend playing video games; it's probably too much.

Surprisingly, I think it's a good idea. I know I've seen this system somewhere before (can't remember whether it was an earlier suggestion in the Forums or in another game's description though). You need to define the range of the exp gain carefully, as well as how to stop apprenticehood, or change masters, or take on more than one apprentice, etc. But the idea in principle seems sound.

-Lyn-

what do you mean by that? "surprisingly i think it good idea?"

he means it seemed dumb when the thing said apprentices but it turned out to be pretty cool

and also i suggested this long ago but i don't remember the responses

-Lyn-

what do you mean by that? "surprisingly i think it good idea?"

You're not exactly known for your brilliant suggestions. I can still remember the time you spammed this forum, so... :):wacko:

-Lyn-

yeah, next time you have a wave of ideas, search before you post and only post each idea once -_-

okay, i admit, i was a n00b about that, but come on, are you guys going to relenlessly punish me just because you had to put a little extra strain on the mousewheel? I had just found the game and it was fun and maybe i just got a little extra-exited.

Surprisingly, I think it's a good idea. I know I've seen this system somewhere before (can't remember whether it was an earlier suggestion in the Forums or in another game's description though).

Sounds like the monarchy patron system in the game Asheron's Call.